• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheating: Right or Wrong?

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Cheating is and Iffy topic to some people and depends what you are talking about when it comes to things like tests at school I suggest not to do it because it totally demeaners the point of taking the test in the first place to test your knowledge like everyone said. When it comes to games people are going to cheat regardless because thats what some people do level too hard xD use a cheat code for infinite health; But this is the real problem when it comes to cheating on people I am totally against it I dont think cheating is a good thing to do and I always think before I do something like that.. "Would I want her to do that to me..." so to answer the question: I think that cheating is very wrong but cannot be helped in our society because people are going to do it anyways...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Cheating on a spouse, etc.-Mm no. If you aren't happy with who you're with, or if you still feel like you lack something in the relationship, then it simply means you aren't meant to be with that person. End the relationship before you end up truly hurting someone or yourself, for that matter. You'll be saving said person a whole lot of time.

Cheating on a test-Frankly, I've never been one to cheat intentionally. If I didn't study for a test and I really don't know the answers, screw it, that's my problem and I shouldn't risk others grades or risk losing more points than I've already lost by trying to cheat. I used to find it easy to glance over on a vocab quiz or other really insignificant graded assignments, but now I find just studying for 5-10 minutes before the class helps get those out of the way. Then I can go back and look at them to really memorize it for the test; cheaters never prosper!

Cheating in a game-Well it depends. For instance, I NEVER use the sims money cheat to get ahead in the game (on the rare occasion, depending on the house size/family needs, I'll give myself more money for the initial furniture and what not, but I never do it during the game-let the sims earn it themselves. :P)

When it comes to Pokemon, the only instance I've cheated would be after I've beaten the game, gained all the key items, done the sidequests and captured most of the Pokemon, I'll use an AR or something to get a lot of rare candies for level-up moves and evolutions (but always just rare candies-otherwise it'd take the fun out of trading for items/Pokemon you need!) I don't think it's good to do this beforehand, since you ruin the meaning of the game. Become an accomplished trainer, and then you can have access to better things. Unfortunately, people rarely follow that. XD

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I don't think there's any point to any type of cheating. It works well-or might work-for a while, but then in the long run, it gets boring/you pay the price. So why bother? Just have fun with-whatever. ;)

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I would say...

Cheating is wrong, it's just something that messes up how things should be.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    [FONT=&quot]♪[/FONT]The game of life is hard to play, I'm going to lose it anyway, the only way to win is cheat[FONT=&quot] ...♪[/FONT], I think Johnny Mandel sums it all up quite nicely. The full lyrics here if anyone wants them ... http://www.mash4077.co.uk/theme.html

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I usually try to not cheat, but I'm not perfect and theres always going to be a time and place where I actually do cheat.

So, to answer your question, cheating is wrong if you do it all the time. Usually people who say they don't cheat are lying. Everyone has to cheat once in a while.

Plant360

Da shizz!
    Years
  • Cheating on your girlfriend or a test is NOT good.

Personally, the only kind of cheats I do in video games is to unlock all the costumes, but nothing like unlimited life or anything...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • It really depends on which type of cheating your talk about. Relationship cheating is a big NONO, don't even think about it. The most "cheating" I do in games is looking at Walkthrough on Gamefaqs. I only turn to my AR when I've sucked all the fun out of a game. Cheating on tests... I'd say it shouldn't be done, but I'd sound like hypocrite. As a matter of fact, I cheated on a pop quiz today... THE TEACHER MADE IT SO EASY, I'M SORRY =(. So yeah, I won't comment on cheating in school.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • In competition I think cheating is bad (versus people, and even on tests) but on your own for fun..it's totally fine. Get the most outta any experience you can!

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    Cheating is so immoral, There is no time where cheating will ever be a justified means.

Unless were talking about a video game, sometimes its fun to have an advatage. But never in face to face games.. Poor sportsmanship

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
  • Cheating... hmm... the way I feel about it, it's fine as long as it's not used to get items, pokemon, et cetera. Speeding up stuff (time it takes to hatch eggs, et cetera) is alright, because you still had to go through the steps to get it. (I'm busy, so breeding can be annoying for me) Cloning... well, there are other ways to do it, so taking a safer alternative's alright, in my opinion. Infinite <insert something here> is ridiculously stupid in my opinion, because it takes all of the challenge out of the game.

Back