• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheer Skills

Years
  • Nia. Love, hate or love to hate, she does have her uses - Cheer Skills!

Standard:
    If you win the previous round, the Support Pokémon Gauge that you didn't use will be at max. If you lose the previous round, both Support Pokémon have their gauge at Max and Synergy Gauge is increased.

Synergy Focused:
    Your Synergy Gauge gets an added increase each round, regardless of if you win or lose.

Pressure Focused:
    Adds a massive increase to the Synergy Gauge regardless of if you won or lost the previous round.

Support Focused:
    Increases Support Pokémon Gauge to max each round, regardless of if you won or lost.

Special:
    If you win, it increases the Synergy Gauge by a small amount. If you lose, it makes the Support Pokémon gauge max out.

Whimsical:
    Randomly changes effect each round.

What do you generally have your Cheer Skill set to? Does it change depending on the mode or who you're playing against?

Last edited:
    Years
  • For Gengar, I use the Synergy-based Cheer. The cheer paired up with Jirachi/Cresselia (I prefer Jirachi) make Gengar pretty scary.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • I've been using Support cheer since the day 1. Having access to your support 'mon immediately after rounds 1 and 2 is great, especially if they have a slow charge.

Back