• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cherry is in the house

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Hello Pokecommunity! I'm Cherry, and I joined after being asked to post my gaming project here, however it seems I have to make 5 posts before being able to post links so I am being forced to mingle here and actually be SOCIAL?? oh no!!!

I make a few Pokemon games, I also draw and write, often with the aim of spreading moral and political messages while trying to keep the narrative feeling smooth and natural. But then again that's nothing new in Pokemon, since it's always been about morality, hasn't it?!

I also love birds and I go into Battle Spot every now and then, and I literally have a full team of birds. Though I sometimes get into a debate with people on whether Claydol is a bird or not. I think it is, even if it is made of clay I always thought its face was reference to an owl spinning its face 360 degrees. Plus I need something to cover for all these guys sweeping my birds with electric types. I know there's Zapdos (I LOVE ZAPDOS SO MUCH) but I try to keep my team non-legendary and non-mega if possible because it makes it funnier when I do beat an all Uber team with small birds.

Anyway, hi! Even though I joined primarily to share my game I hope to be able to make some friends and check our everyone else's fangames as well!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Ohai Cherrytucku, Welcome to PC :D

Yeah you need a certain amount of posts before you can make a thread, but that's not too bad, you can get to know some people and get a feel for PC! Oh you're making a game? Is it a ROM Hack or are you developing with RPG Maker?

I also love birds

Another Bird Lover!! ^^

I also love flying type Pokemon. Whenever i'm on the PC Battle Server i just use all flying type Pokemon. I kind of became addicted and never went back to using a regular for any tier team haha. My rule is that if it can fly it's a bird, so I guess Claydol counts? Ohhh a non legendary bird team? I think the only legendary I use is Thundurus Therian to counter Electric Pokemon with Volt Absorb. Or let choice scarf Staraptor go to work on Pokemon like Mega Manectric. :D

While you promote your fangame you can definitely make new friends! Have fun on PC ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Hi Nakasu, thanks for the welcome! That's true, but the forums are so big I don't even know where to first begin posting without feeling awkward haha! I've finished making the game already; I was holding a livestream last night and one of the guys from here tagged along and once I was done, he encouraged me to join the forum and post the complete project here. It's a project using Pokemon BW Essentials, no ROM hack.

AAAH yay rejoice bird lover! For me I'm a little picky and don't use a flying unless it resembles a bird in some shape or form (so yeah, Beautifly etc don't count kjsdfh) but other birds like Piplup and Torchic which aren't flying type do count for me. That's true, Claydol does levitate! I do also have a full-legendary bird team if people want to fight Uber tier with me. Ugh Mega Manectric, such a nightmare for my birds... I should consider putting on the scarf, right now I go with Choice Band but interesting suggestion!

Thanks again for the warm welcome :D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hullo Cherry! Welcome!

The forums can seem big and scary, I agree with you. You shouldn't worry about feeling awkward, everyone's super nice here so just find a section you like and dive in. I'd recommend you check out Pokémon General and Game Development, and a few of the Main Series Pokémon Gaming if you're interested in chatting about the specifics of a single generation or speculating about Sun and Moon.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing your game! If it's already finished - which is a very impressive feat, since not that many fangames actually reach a state of full completion - I'll be certain to play it! I'm working on a game of my own right now and it's nowhere near completion.

Have fun around here, ok? Remember you don't need to worry about feeling awkward, we all started exactly the same way you did. If you have any questions you can ask me. See ya!

Years
  • Haha that's certainly a good start. B] There really is a lot more to do here besides just sharing your games and while I'm excited you have an idea of what you want to do it's also good knowing you'll be posting around a little. ^^ Welcome, Cherry!

And as an artist myself I'm also a little biased towards others that draw. How long have you been drawing? I remember the start of my days using Open Canvas 3.05 and oekaki, and simultaneously playing Neopets on top of that.. guh. Wish I had the same motivation to draw often a day like back then.

See you around! You seem wonderful and I'm definitely looking forward to having you around.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Hullo Cherry! Welcome!
    Hi Rainbow! Thank you for your welcome. It's been forever since I last joined a forum, what with all the new social media like Tumblr where nobody talks to each other sdfklhsdf but I digress. My game is pretty short and it's not like one of those games with a whole new region and set of Pokemon, but it was my first ever project on Pokemon Essentials so I wanted to begin small. I'd be willing to check your game out too!

Haha that's certainly a good start. B] There really is a lot more to do here besides just sharing your games and while I'm excited you have an idea of what you want to do it's also good knowing you'll be posting around a little. ^^ Welcome, Cherry!
    Hello Sheep! I've been drawing since...well, in terms of "formally" drawing art I've been doing it for about over a decade but my works back then were so terrible. Haha, I don't draw as much as I did back then etiher but at least my quality has exceeded quantity. Thanks for the welcome and hope to see you around too!

Back