• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chess Discussion

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What do you think of Chess, people?

If you don't know what chess is, its a board game that focuses on 2 people with 16 piece each. The objective of the game is to "checkmate" the opponent's king.

I think Chess has got to be an awesome board game. Its even included in our country's indoor games fair. ;)

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Oh hey, I never knew we had a forum section like this..
    Anyways..
    Chess is an awesome game to play, but it gets annoying when you don't have a good enough opponent. I'm not exactly someone who plays with passion, follows the sport on the Television..or anything.
    It's just one of those challenging and fun games to play.
    Since I've been playing for a while I think I can safely say I'm a decent opponent..

PC should have a chess tournament. That would be fun

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I play on ChessCube.

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY PLAY CHESS IN MORDOR

Chess is quite decent of a game to play.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Chess ! I love it !
    I used to play it when I was little with my grandmother, and now I play against the computer...and I can only say that over the years I became really bad at it XD
    But I still love and enjoy it ! Even if I lose a lot cx

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Chess ! I love it !
    I used to play it when I was little with my grandmother, and now I play against the computer...and I can only say that over the years I became really bad at it XD
    But I still love and enjoy it ! Even if I lose a lot cx

I learned playing chess when I was 7, and I lose a lot. On those loses I learned a lot of techniques, so I combined those techniques that defeated me and won alot. :D

tl;dr -For me, in chess, losing is better that winning.

Jarnakel

Nooblet
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Ah, Chess. The original strategy game. I don;'t play it much anymore, due to a lack of good opponents, but no matter how many RTSes and TBSes I play, there will always be a special spot in my heart for Chess.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Recently I've gotten used to 4-player 2 vs 2 timed co-op drop chess, where you can pass the pieces you capture to your teammate to drop down on the board.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Oh hey, I never knew we had a forum section like this..
    PC should have a chess tournament. That would be fun
    You make two, equally good points there of which I support and acknowledge.

I play on ChessCube.
    The Chesscube server is blocked by my host.

Anyway, I play chess, but not as of late. It's a great game. Chess is basically, the king, of games. It's so good, it won't pwn all the other games; rather, it will checkmate everything else.

/Lamepunislame.

So yeah, PC should have a chess tournament somehow or another. Maybe during the next get-together.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • digi-kun said:
    Recently I've gotten used to 4-player 2 vs 2 timed co-op drop chess, where you can pass the pieces you capture to your teammate to drop down on the board.

I think I've played that once but it was too difficult for me to understand so I quit.

Though I do love chess. Not many of my friends like to play it so I just play it on the computer against a computer sometimes. I learned to play when I was in 4th grade I believe and he beat me pretty quickly. Since then I started to play regularly and even won some tournaments in my school so it was fun but as I said, the lack of other players around me is keeping me from playing that much.

Back