• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chesu's Sprites

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
  • Trainers

Spoiler:

Pokemon

Spoiler:

Other

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gdog12356

UNTH1NKABL3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    wow i like your sprites..although your photographer's hair looks like a hat..good job though!!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Wow, I think these are really great! Loving whats done so far. Definitely keep it up. :)

In future make sure you post something constructive, like you know, what it says in the rules.

Arghh completely forgot to comment the sprites in my RRAAAGGEEE.

The school boy(s) look out of proportion and a little top heavy, the rival also looks a tad odd, but I can't put my finger on why. Otherwise really good stuff, i especially like the protagonists. I think you really have a knack for shading too.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • These are all very nice. The school kids have the same hair or similar but it still works. And the mouth on the cop looks strange but I can't think of why. But overall they're great.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • @fox: He probably looks top-heavy from a combination of the long shirt and one of the legs being a bit weird.

@baseballscooper: I tried a few styles for the girl, but the only ones that looked good interfered with the Pokeball.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I've added some Pokemon sprites, both new and old.

Spoiler:

I probably won't be posting many more trainers, and if I do, they'll be my versions of existing classes, like Miners and Bug Maniacs. I want to protect Dissension's integrity, y'know? Avoid possible spoilers and such.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Ah... you're required to include constructive criticism when posting on this board, and the mods are pretty firm about that... quick, find something to criticize and edit it into your post!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ughh I feel really bad for stealing some of this thread's thunder by deleting certain posts so.

I really like the majority of your fakemon, although I feel the griffin's legs are a bit, dangley? Not sure how to put it.

Cafickle is adorable! I love it, nice concept.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Heh... Griffody's legs are like that because its base is Espeon.. and I put the head where Espeon's tail was, and the tail where Espeon's head was. I didn't want to change the body too much, as it was for an easy round of the Amalgamon Challenge. I don't remember what the tail or claws are from (Dratini and Sneasel?), but it clearly has a Stantler head, Pidgey wings, and a Taillow beak. When I get around to remaking it, it should look generally the same (beaked goat-like head, etc.), but the parts will be from scratch, so won't look like they're Frankensteined from other sprites.

Cafickle is actually supposed to be a baby form of Tauros and Miltank... I made it for one of my tutorials, but I haven't decided how to finish it yet. Its body is very plain, so maybe I'll add some sort of markings...

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • ...Two people were modded on this thread in the last hour for not posting constructive criticism... do you really want to press your luck?

To answer your question, though, Dissension began life as a FireRed hack... As you can see in the image below, the playable characters, rival, and Professor Oak all had larger sprites used during the game's introduction sequence. That's what the large character sprites you see are.

garyfrlg.png

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Look good your fakemon have very nice concepts. The shading on most of them is fine. I really like the Dissensions heros they look great (Thought they were team magma members though) love the colors (Red is my fave color).Your scratch looks pretty good however it appears a little bulky (The rival) maybe slim his shoulders down slightly. The pizza boy is amazing I like that, I really like that its so unique Its the first pizza boy sprite Ive seen EVER. As for the school kids. As you stated the boys leg is off. To make it look right you would only have to make his right leg bend slightly. Also the girls feet. Sandals are a pain to sprite trust me I had a time remaking one of my trainers in a tank, shorts and sandals it was ARGHH. But it is possible and won't take long its just annoying and I think she would look great with sandals. The photographers hair just needs to be corved and maybe add another strand to her bangs. Now to mention your shading on the trainers. It does need a bit of work but I dont think it needs a whole lot I feel that in an hour you would probably have them done to satisfactory standards. Colors are really nice as I stated. Keep up the awesome spriting man =)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I actually already altered the boy's leg just as you said, and ended up giving the girl Mary Janes (the trainers were posted a month ago)... I decided to give the photographer a trilby hat.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Well they all look great. I forgot to mention the officer in my previous post. So since all post should be constructive im going to mention it in this post. Ilike how you did take the edge off of prior officer sprites that adds to it. However the hat is a little awkward it needs to be widened just a hair. I say look at som other officer sprites and acurately judge about how many pixels need to be added. Also That sprite has inspired me and I think I may make an Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy Battle Sprite. Thanks for the inspiration.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I claim this land in the name of the Carrot Empire!

I've added a bunch of old Zelda sprites of mine... unless you're
    in the mood for a long read, I wouldn't click that button.

Spoiler:

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
  • Hah, I saw your Tsurugi in serebii's fakemon.=p

But anyways, I like them, but your shading ( Mostly on cobaltile, indigon and griffody) needs work.=p The outlining on griffody is too light. And the other two's wings aren't that well shaded.

But other than that, I love these, I probably wouldn't be able to do these myself.=p

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Ah... those sprites were all made for a competition, in which people had to figure out which Pokemon sprites were used to make the Amalgamon. So, they're all just parts cropped and slightly edited from Pokemon, without the shading altered. That's why some of them say that they need to be remade or overhauled... they're just things I threw together, which have grown on me to the point of warranting being remade from scratch.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • These are pretty cool but the Furnary looks too much like Moltres. (yes I know you said most of those were splices)

Your Zora sprites don't really look like zoras at all imo. I think they should have more white (or maybe it's just a really really lite blue?) with a little bit of blue (they sorta looked like that in OOT and MM). The sprites sort of just look like strange aliens. On the other hand, considering there are no zoras in the particular game you named I could understand that may not be as easy to create a proper zora from scratch with a sprite that small and for that game style. Also, the extension on the head looks like a badly positioned tail.

Other than that I think you're talented.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Since The Minish Cap has such colorful graphics, I based the sprites on OoT's official art, rather than the in-game models. The Minish Cap's palette doesn't have the proper colors to make them look exactly right... it's either this, or periwinkle.

Back