• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chicken or Egg?

What do you think came first?

• Chicken

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Egg

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't think one or the other came first. Like, I don't think that one day a chicken existed or an egg existed. I think it was a long, complicated process.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    this is really a question of evolution vs. creation. and even though i'm christian, i'm inclined to go with evolution. that's to say, the egg came first. but i think God created whatever creature created the first egg that hatched the creature that laid the egg that hatched the egg that has what we think of as a chicken today. (whoa... deep) so, ya... EGG

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    There was a thread like this in the Old TDome.I choose Chicken.Life did eloeve after the Big Bang.Dosent this need to go to the TDome agian.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    dpkuro said:
    Actuallay (I misspelled that on purpose) the Big Bang made the Solar System, not life. How could life begin when there are no planets to put them on?

All life evolved from the big bang, not instantaneously materialized. The big bang was the beggining of a chain of events which led to life on Earth.

Seto7Kaiba

LunaticJohnny
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 5, 2005
    I think the Chicken came first and then came the eggs. Hey, its just someones opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I don't believe in the evolution theory... I think that God created all of the animals in the beginning, as said in the Bible, and eggs aren't animals so I think the chicken came first. ;P Simple as that!

Years
    It ould be the egg.It could have come from another time of animal, but did not develope right and turned into a Chicken and so that's my conclusion XD.

Years
    The chicken, because it makes more sense in my mind. How would an egg get there randomly? Makes more sense to have the chicken first, then it lays an egg... @_@;;;;;;

Lady Pearl

Nyago-chan ish sleeping~!
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    All life evolved from the big bang ^^

Hmm..i've actually decided now that it was neither XD
    Since evolution is so slow, the continual growth and change would occur over thousands of years, i.e. thousands of egg-growing cycles, so really, evolution came first! XD and the process of evolving would be too slow to judge whether the chicken or egg came first X3
    [/OTT insightfulness] XD
    Yay, Claire used her learned behavior of insight~! ^___^ I agree with you, Claire. Cell-like organisms were the first organisms that have faced many dangers which forced them to adapt to their environment. They've evolved into different species, mainly in water. The chicken was born from then on~! ^___^ I wouldn't think a cell could lay an egg. If an egg was first formed, it would need incubation. Its imprinting behavior of calling the first thing it sees would be impossible. They would pass away very easily due to the environmental peril. The Archaeopteryx, the first bird, evolved into many bird forms. ^___^

The legend will forever remain unsolved unless scientists can figure the problem out somehow. ^^:

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    an egg waz formed by them tiny particals and molecules and dna and stuff(such as how the dino's came to be) eventuly a chicken came out of the egg! XD so egg OR! like how man went from dat thingy to wut we are now the same thing could have happened to the chicken it evalotioned(sp) XD

Back