• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childhood playtimes. :B

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • Everyone had toys that they played with back in their childhood. It could have been some everyday toys or on particular favorite toy. :B

That's why I created this poll. When you were a child, what toys did you prefer to play with and did you usually play alone, with boys, girls, both? what?

I usually played on my own. I didn't mind because I also had an imaginary friend named Elmo that I would do everything with. XD

Anyway, I usually preferred matchbox cars. I had a lot of them and I also used to draw roads, buildings and highways and make the talk and stuff. :B

Good times, lol, good times. :'D

Anyway, how about you? :O

Years
  • I was rather possessive over my stuff since I always had the feeling somebody might come along and steal it. So I mostly played alone. Annnd I was more of a plushie kid, I loved stuffed animals and thought they looked really cute. Also liked playing with Lego, and I still do from time to time. :D;

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • lolsexuallinerightthar.

I loved playing in the sandpit moving trucks and cars around with all my friends? Trucks, ftw.

Soul Eater

Years
  • I was rather possessive over my stuff since I always had the feeling somebody might come along and steal it. So I mostly played alone. Annnd I was more of a plushie kid, I loved stuffed animals and thought they looked really cute. Also liked playing with Lego, and I still do from time to time. :D;

LOL me too. XD

I also had a lot of stuffed animals. I actually got them from friends for my birthday or for valentines and I was HUGE Elmo freak. I would play school and house with my stuffed animals. :'D

OMFG legos are win. \o/ I had those too and i used to have a talent of making all sorts of things. XD

Now they're coming out with different sets. >:|

I also had barbies too. I hardly ever played with them though ahd yeah, I didn't have a sandbox but...a sand pit I played in. Though, I've been horrified of spiders for as long as I can remember...and stopped playing with my rusty trucks. XD

I was a tomboy, yes. I was very boyish when i was kid, playing with legos, trucks, doing daring things and all the like because I was interested in the things boys would do.

Except sports because I sucked at sports. >:[ I did like to run a lot though and I am a good runner, even when I'm a bit chubby...I can run really well..except for the fact that I get terrible cramps.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I liked playing with Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony, Trolls, Pound Puppies, and Barbie. I loved those toys. I remember playing figures with my brother when we were kids. He usually have his Ninja Turtles and I will have Barbie and my Trolls and play. I know it was weird, but it was fun. XD I had a few stuffed animals too.

And I got to play Nintendo, Game Boy, and Super Nintendo. Those were great too. I still got my Game Boy, btw. :3

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Action figures. I had fun with those. Took up a lot of my time. I had a few like Power Rangers and others I have no idea. I think I would play with others or just play by myself. Countless hours of bashing them together. haha

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I prefer the company of toys over people, well, back then I did, so I played by myself.
    I always played with my Pikachu plush, since I had it during the time I was obsessed with Pokemon.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • I had my favorite Beanie Baby -- Ears the Rabbit <3 and I had my other stuffed animals. And of course, my GBC xD

I played with the boys way more than I did with the girls until about 5th grade, when my teacher "encouraged" me to go play with the girls. I was a complete tomboy.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Bad memories, but I'll answer anyway.

I have always had a fetish for being the omnipotent ruler of my own world.
    Fitting that I used my little train set and slews of stuffed animals and toy cars to terraform the living room floor of my grandfather's ramshackle old apartment.

Really, bad memories.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I usually stay with my older cousin that I live with. When she's in school or something, I played with my toys.

Soul Eater

Years
  • Toys?

Um... I had some toys, but I'm not exactly sure those are the toys you're speaking of. As a child, I was more or less of a...how should I say it? A different type of person, I guess? I used to play with toys and then I got bored as a kid and decided to move on to videogames. I was never that much of a toy person. I used to play with cars and my action figures every once in a while, but even I got bored of that as I figured out that it wasn't really satisfying my boredom as it had outgrown my imagination(and that's really saying something).

But when it came to plushies and stuff, those were my favorite. <3

Plushies are awesome. <3 I'm obsessed with plushies and I love them cuz they are so cute and huggable. :B

I also used to do that. Sometimes on rainy days ore cold snowy days, I would play computer games I had, like Magic School Bus or Barbie...I had dial-up then so going online was pretty useless.

I think I was also the type of person to pretend play with my imaginary friend. :< Believe me, I wasn't a normal child. I didn't start getting imaginative until like...seven. XD

I also had a HUGE obsession over Elmo and I had one Elmo doll that I was uber obsessed with. He was old and I also had two other elmos. I still have them too but they are more of childhood keepsakes. XD

My big Elmo, I called him Raggedy old Elmo doll because he was so old. XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Let's see... let's see...

Before my mind got wiped out thanks to videogames, I used to play with cars, buses and all that kind of vehicle toys (I loved to make roads with a chalk on the floor of my house and make my own traffic jams >.<)

What else? Yeah, I had also a few action figures as well, but playing with them wasnt really one of my favorite things to do. I think I enjoyed more just collecting them.

And I had a lot of board games, which I played with my family. But, I didnt have a lot of friends so, they werent too cool to play alone.

After that, videogames came, end of any other kind of playing stuff.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • In my day everyone's favourite plaything was dirt, and we were happy to even have that!
    nah j/k XD

I actually had quite a few things to keep us busy. I was usually outside on warm days with roller skating, t-ball, and riding my bike. for cold days, if there was snow, we would always grab our trash bags and toboggans and go sledding at a park near my house.

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    Pound Puppies and My Little Pony were my favourite childhood toys. I used to play with them and my friends in my turtle sanbox, and make sandcastles for them. Also, when I was two or three years old, I got a little brown stuffed dog, which for some weird reason, I called it, "Snaggy". 8D I've still got it today, it sits on the top of my bed.

And I loved the wooden train track sets, I would play with them for hours.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    My family always told me that I used to play with my matchbox cars and line them up like they were in traffic. They event told me that once, I lined up the cars around the whole house, lol.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I used to always play with Lego, I preferred to play alone as I always thought people would mess up what I was trying to make.

I also loved K-nex (thinks thats the name) I loved making things and I still do, although I don't like the Lego sets, I prefer to make things myself.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I hated toys. I may have fooled around with a lego, but that's it. As for gaming consoles, I wouldn't really consider those toys. If you consider them toys, I played with those very often. XD

Actually, I mainly stayed on the internet. XD

Back