• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childhood Toys?

Years
  • What did you play with?

I loved building with Legos. I liked playdough. Art sets I also enjoyed. Loved dolls, and still do. I saved up for a dollhouse and over the years it was my pastime to acquire lots of miniature furniture for the house and accessories, and make a doll family. As a tot I collected Barbies and Disney-themed dolls. Now my home is filled with Asian fashion dolls, namely pullip.

What was in your toy box?

Years
  • My toys were pretty much ponies, barbies, beanie babies, tamagotchi, and puzzles.

Years
    • Seen today
    I grew up with hotwheels and I had massive collections. But I recently gave them away to a little kid, because honestly they just sit there... and I felt he could get the same enjoyment out of those I once did.

That stung slightly because they had sentimental value, but that went away and I'm glad with my decision.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    For some reason, I was super into cars as a child. I used to collect tons of Hot Wheels and my parents even bought me a remote control electronic racing car one year, it was the best present I'd ever got at the time! I did spend a fair amount of time also playing on that electronic dollhouse (Pixelchix I think it was called?) and also with toys from Barbie and Polly Pocket. Always loved playing with toy vehicles, planes etc. though. I used to also have a lot of Pokemon figures I'd make up stories with.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I was into cars as a child too. Hot Wheels and Transformers were my thing. Also, I had a Winnie the Pooh doll that I still have with me. RC Cars, a bunch of them....That's it, and I'm grateful to my parents for making childhood fun even when they weren't at home, I used to play a lot with those.

Years
  • I also enjoyed playing with Legos, but probably more for the story-telling aspect versus creation? Like, I liked creating stories with my legos or action figures. I was never particularly into cars or trains.

I do have a stuffed animal from early childhood on the hutch of my desk called Coco:
    Spoiler:

His presence on my desk is a reminder of the many afternoons after school and summers I spent with my (now) recently deceased Grandmother - she would "perform surgery" on him any time a new hole appeared, or if his face needed to be touched up.

Years
  • Well as a kid I was big into Godzilla, Neopets, Pokémon, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro I had a large collection of various figures and plush of these characters. In my teenage years I collected these really as a hobby more than anything.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • hot wheels were the shit. i also played with barbies, polly pockets, calico critters, littlest pet shop pets, and my little pony toys. i also had a gajillion stuffed animals, including some webkinz. some other... "toys" i guess that i played with were these really intricate dragon figurines. i put "toys" in quotation marks because these things were quite expensive and i think were more meant for art projects, collecting or reference material than anything else. here's one of the dragon figurines that i had, and still have. it's held up extremely well.

i always wanted legos as a kid but my parents never let me have them for some reason :(

Years
  • A lot of stuffed animals and barbie stuff. I also played with my brother "kinex" or whatever it was called, and had a figure of Megatron from Beasties

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • My little pony, barbie, bratz, polly pockets. Hot wheels were a big one too. Had a big hot wheels themed box just full of them. Oh and littlest pet shop. That was easily my biggest obsession for a while. I would also play with sonic figurines too.

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • I jumped over to video games pretty early on, but I loved playing with legos, lincoln logs, hot wheels, play doh and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember. I was also obsessed with Toy Story and my Buzz Lightyear and Woody dolls never left my side until I was like five or six.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My little ponies; barbies, lego, Teddy bears, Pokemon plushes, footballs, Action men.

I loved playing with them all and acting out stories with them-- like roleplaying.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I grew up relatively poor, so my toys were pretty limited. Obviously Game Boy / Pokémon, but other than that I had a pretty badass collection of Power Ranger figures. Some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too. Then it was mostly dinosaurs!

Years
  • I grew up in a time where outdoors was primarily where people had fun so I didn't have too many toys but when I did get them it was usually Tonka trucks and hot wheels. Ya standard boy stuff I guess, lol. I still REGRET not finishing the hot wheels track, lmao. I remember me and my step dad at the time trying to figure that out but MAN it was toooo complicated and we gave up. Boy, I cried.

Other than that, I had more " outdoor " gadgets and gizmos than anything else. Hola hoops, jump ropes, buckets and pales, wagons had more bubbles than the average kid should have. Every single sports " ball ", blah.

Lol, I guess that's why even now I can be outdoors doing absolutely nothing for hours and still have a great time.

Ah, man the memories!
    Thanks for this.

Back