• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childish tendencies

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Do you have any childish tendencies? If so, what are they? Do they ever make you feel a little embarrassed at times?

By childish tendencies, I mean things you do that you consider to be childish or something you do that would make others think you were immature in some ways.

I have a lot of them myself. I always have to sleep with my favorite blanket snuggled in my arms. I also act childish at certain times as well. I can't really go into much detail of my other tendencies because they are hard to explain. XC I'm not really embarrassed by them because I know a lot of it has to do with my special needs and such.

So, what about you?

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
    Sometimes I get as territorial about my belongings as a kindergartener clinging onto their toy >.>

I also can't help to fiddle and play with stuff I can get my hands on whenever I'm bored, so I often end up finding entertainment in squeezing a toothpaste for a good while too <.<

Oh and I still have approximately two metric tons of plushies on or near my bed

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I go on a pokemon forum
    ...and case closed, folks.

Aside from that, I've got a couple more childish vices. One of which is that I can never play video games with anyone because I get way too competitive and end up doing a rage-quit. I realize that's not becoming of someone my age, but I literally cannot control myself - so I just don't play.

I can't tell you what Mario Party has done to my social life...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Being a picky eater is one that comes to mind... but I can't really help that. Food is no friend of mine and certainly isn't nice to my digestive system ever. :(

Another that I don't consider childish, but others probably do to some degree: sex-repulsion. Unless it involves only my partner and I, I'm 100% grossed out. Don't wanna hear about it, don't care, yeah whatever sex is a thing real freakin' neato-- things like that. It has gotten to the point where irritation sets in when it comes up, even if it's just a lewd picture or something else being sexualized around me. The whole thing is just boring and suffocating as a subject in general.

Uuuh and I have a lot of "childish" items.. like plushies and other collectible stuff. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I guess I can say that I have a bad habit of being too affectionate. I like hugging a lot and when my big sister (really close friend since young kids) lets me hug her or my significant other lets me hug I have a bad habit of not letting go or asking for many forms of affection to an extent. Sorry if it sounds weird but it felt right to say it here (/.\)

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Well even still now I cannot throw the childish habits. I always do some 'lol' gun actions.
    I also close the blanket entirely ( Just too keep the ' ghost ' away ) but it gets hotter LoL.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    A lot of the stuff in this thread seem like normal personality quirks, or nervous habits rather than being "childish".

I think the only childish thing that I have left is that I'd rather sit on my comfy couch, eat cereal, and watch Pokemon as opposed to going out and partying at bars. I guess some people would say that's childish. Not what I'd choose to call it, but I'm sure that's how some people's minds work. lmfao

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    No, I'm an adult, and the most immature thing I do is grumble at my taxes a bit

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I bounce a little on the spot when I'm excited. I'm weird.

tbh my whole personality is too childish.

Years
    I'm in the same situation as Nolafus. I absolutely hate others invading my room, even my own mother, because she always gets angry when she steps in.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I'm so childish about so many things that I don't consider anything being 'childish' anymore. Those are just stereotypes to me, lol...

Especially because I go on a Pokémon forum all the time (like Spiff already mentioned) and people hate that about me... Other than that, I'm clingy and am afraid of ghosts too. But that's due to our memories or experiences from the past. It's a part of who we are, and I find it extremely adorable X ) 'cause in a way, it shows your innocence too even if you're otherwise.. Your actions and fears speak a lot.

I would never judge someone for something and say it is childish unless it is a harmful habit (like beating or shouting at others or crying all the time). Even in that case, I wouldn't call it 'childish', I would just call it a bad habit or bad manners, that's all.. Lol.

And also, it might be the girl in me. But, I really find most of the 'childishness' (as you say) extremely adorable here... Hehe... So cute you guys..

(Except biting nails [and such] though... That might make you lose your teeth too early, etc. So, I'd be careful there, I suppose... D: )

I better stop here or I might sound like a grandma...

Also, my intention here is nothing other than voicing out my opinion, that's all. So, I'm sorry if my post got in the way or something... If so, pease let me know.

Thank you for reading! :)

You guys are awesome.

Last edited:
    Back