• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cholo's Sprites

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Cholo's Sprites [Kurt Cobain Sprite Added]

umm....not much to say at this point except dont steal!! haha

New Stuff
    Spoiler:
    Trainers
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Fusions and Revamps
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • if you want trusted space, buy hosting.

Also, if your going to give credit, research and give credit properly (Such as in Enix-Zae instead of "chaos black starter")

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • They all look great. I especialy like your first fusion. Yes, you can trust imageshack they get their money off of adds and plus the've been going for some time already so not much chance of them dropping your images. You can try photobucket but I prefer imageshack.

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    thanks ^_^ o and its not that i dont trust the site its just that i dont want people being able to search for it and steal it...little paranoid hehe

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • umm....not much to say at this point except dont steal!! haha

Trainers
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Fusions and Revamps
    Spoiler:

uh....thatsall i got for now..
    p.s. does anyone kno a better place to store the pictures i dont trust imageshack or any other image hosting site for that matter...

Well, lets me start by saying that your trainer sprites are very nicely done.
    This one is actually not so bad at all. My major points to stress on here is his left arm (the one with the pokeball). It is really jagged and choppy along the shoulder and running down to elbo. You need to smooth it out a bit more. Also, thicken out the part right above his arm pit. As for the shading, under this chin it should be a bit darker. Also, his pants seem to be really "choppy" and "blocky" in their shading. To squared, it doesn't look very natural. smooth it out just a bit on his right leg, and extend the dark tone up his left leg along the (pokeball) side. the whip looks nice... it just seems that he's holding it too high up...

This one i like a lot.

Just kidding! (didn't think i would leave it at that did you?)

So, for this one, my concearns lie in his hands. His whole left arm in general isn't shaded, but neither are his hands really. not to mention his left hand is hard to make out it's pose. the fingers are all mashed up and contorted... it looks like a stub... you need to better define the fingers. as for the right hand, the fingers seem skinny, and "redish". I don't know if he's holding a pokeball, but it just doesn't seem right that his hand would be that small. The other smaller things i see are his left leg; it's kinda contorted, and jagged along the inner bend, and his knap sack strap; there is no tone veriation between the light tone of the strap and the dark tone of the bag. It just kind of collides together, it doesn't look so great... plusses on this one though, the shading, although it is a darker color, exists and looks nice, the coloration looks great, and the actual head itself is wonderfully done in all aspects.

You need to redo this one and save it as PNG. before i can really crit it... the jpeg ruined it...

cholo_pika.png

- This here is what we call "clumpies". These are no-no's in spriting. They make the outline seem really thick in parts, and simply stretch it funny. You need to keep your outline thickness the same width. It's okay to do two wide if you want, but you need to keep it consistant. In this case, you're one wide, so eliminate any extra pixels in the outline that you don't need.

- This whole area has issues with the outline shading. seeing that is the underside of the sprite, you don't need all the light tone outlining, since there would be no light shiny on pika's bottom. darken the tone, or maybe change it back to black on the outlining that surrounds the third darkest tone of yellow.

(sorry kenji for stealing your crit style, please do excuse me... if you don't want anyone taking it that is...)

Anyhow cholo, those are just some of the main things i see. I'm not gonna get into the fusions because i want to leave that for other people to crit you with... o.k that was a lie... i'm just too pooped from writing all this...

Don't get discouraged, your sprites are very good, you just have to touch them up a bit to jump the border to greatness. Take my crit with a light heart, and go at it!

(Keep Spriting!>
    Keep_Spriting_Gyarados.png

Years
  • (sorry kenji for stealing your crit style, please do excuse me... if you don't want anyone taking it that is...)
    Oh, no, it's cool. I encourage pointing things out with images. It makes the things you're saying so much more clear to the spriter. XD

Cholo said:
    Along with what he said:

The head is too light. Your highlight color is covering most of the head, when it should be in a just a small spot.

Your outline could also use a lot of work. Just putting random dots of a lighter shade on the black doesn't work. It looks like your line is choppy and incomplete. Look at some official pokemon sprites to see how it should be done. You don't use that much black.

I'll probably come back and criticize the rest later. Just wanted to point that out. XD

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    thanks for the crits guys ^-^
    i'll havta work on them soon

This one i like a lot.

Just kidding! (didn't think i would leave it at that did you?)

So, for this one, my concearns lie in his hands.

ya i kinda messed up the hands abit but i was hoping it wasnt too noticable..
    what happened was i had to make the original drawing smaller and the stretch it out which made it look completely distorted and hard to work with so the hands got pretty messed up and yes the left hand is sposed to have a pokeball...
    i also did the shading myself, for the most part, which explains why its kinda bad haha..

You need to redo this one and save it as PNG. before i can really crit it... the jpeg ruined it...

this one is a png but it might be the wrong file cuz i noticed the colors look odd..

as for the pikachu sprite i kinda half-assed the outline and focused more on the shading and the highlight was pretty big but i thought it looked kinda cool that way so i left it.. i dont remember which sprite i was using as reference it was either fire red or ruby (not that it matters much since they use the same pallete just diff sprites...right??)

if you want trusted space, buy hosting.

Also, if your going to give credit, research and give credit properly (Such as in Enix-Zae instead of "chaos black starter")

my bad, man
    do you mind if i use it if i ever get the chance to make this hack, i'll give u creds and what not (most people will prolly notice anyway..)
    and thanks for not bein all hostile and sayin sumpthin like "You done stole my ****, G, ima come over n bust a cap in yo ass PAHTNA!!" lol

Last edited:

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    added some new stuff and still need crits on some old stuff...
    i'll have to edit the sprites i made mistakes on before but for now i'll leave up..

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    cmon guys whats goin on??
    i need to kno what im bad at and what i suck at...

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
  • I LOVE THAT LEGENDARY.=p

But as for the rest, they are nice, but the shading on most make it seem you like inverted a sprite. The outlines look LIGHTER than body colors.=p

And don't worry, my thread is very inactive,too.=p

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    coolio thanks for the crit i'll have to work on my shading and outlines..
    and everyone so really loves that legendary i think its just cuz its kick ass 3 headed beast! haha
    but honestly i think its the best idea ive had for a fusion but the worst job i did on a fusion..there are alot of mistakes in it...mostly the shading and the outling

Back