• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    The Police Station
    You're annoyed over your money, so you head over to the station to report the theft. You seem to recognise that kid from somewhere before... but where...?
    You walk through the glass doors and talk to the lone cop behind the counter.
    "Uh, hey there." you say. "I'd like to report a theft..."
    "Uh, hey kid, I don't want any trouble..." he says, backing up in his chair.
    "What? No I wish to report a robbery", you say, to the skinny-looking police officer. His nametag says his name is Phil.
    "Oh ah y'see kid, I'm not a police officer yet, and... Oh wait I kinda am… Uh, no, not really… But you know who is? That dude on TV last night!
    "Uh, then why are you in uniform?"
    "Oh this! Well y'see uh, ah... what I mean to say is, um, the boss and the post office, yeah, y'see..." blusters Phil hopelessly.
    "Are you gonna help me or...?"
    "Yeah, well maybe if, no, but ah... yes, no, maybe, ah candyfloss?"

Your Options
    -"Phil, find me my money or so help me…"
    -"Isn't there another officer here? A competent one?"
    -Describe the thief.
    -Use Mud Shot.
    -Forget it. Head to the Gym.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 5
    Game Overs: 0

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Use Mud Shot!
    You silently release Swampert, and nod at him. Swampert blasts a Mud Shot straight into Phil's face.
    "Argh glub... stop... don't know... pickles... massive... with extra cheese..." And he collapses. You just knocked out a police officer. Oops.
    "Go, go, go!" you say as Swampert runs out the door and into the trees. As Phil begins to shakily stand up, he drops a small red object. You pick it up - it's a small metal symbol with a Team Magma emblem on it. You pocket it.
    "Where am I... Who..." Phil scratches his head. His eyebrows unite to form an impressive monobrow as he remembers what happened. "Did that Swampert belong to you?"
    "No, of course not officer. You look tired - maybe should go take a nap?" you suggest.
    "Yes of course Chuck. Nighty night mummy..." says Phil. Lavaridge's only cop strolls out the door, salutes a lamp post, and heads home.
    You're disappointed that you didn't retrieve your money, but you're intrigued by the symbol you picked up. Plus, you didn't get arrested for assaulting a police officer, so that's a nice added bonus.
    "Just 'cos you have five badges doesn't mean I'll take it easy on you... How does single battle, 3 on 3 sound to you?" says Flannery, without waiting for you to answer. "I'll kick things off with Slugma!"

Rock Throw
    Overheat
    Yawn
    Amnesia

Your Options
    -Use Swampert.
    -Use Sableye.
    -Use Swellow.
    -Use Espeon.
    -Use Kirlia.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Use Espeon!
    Espeon leaps out of is Poke Ball and blasts Slugma with a Psybeam.
    "Next up, Earthquake!" Espeon cries out and shakes the ground. Slugma takes damage, but Flannery just smiles.
    "This Gym was set up with using moves like my Slugma's Rock Throw in mind..." You look up. The challenger's half of the arena has clusters of rocks and boulders attached to the roof. Uh oh. As the Earthquake continues, boulders rain down on Espeon. Espeon zigs and zags, dodging several boulders. However there are just too many to totally avoid, and one boulder slams Espeon while its jumping through the air. It falls to the ground, and a smaller rock smashes into it. The stream of boulders finally stops and you stare at the battlefield. Slugma took a good amount of damage, but Espeon took much more serious damage. Another Earthquake could take out Slugma, but the resulting rockslide would probably finish off Espeon too. Flannery laughs.
    "The rocks are a pain for my maintenance crew to reset, but as you can see, they're definitely worth it. You just did youself multiple times the damage that a regular Rock Slide would've done." Argh. Earthquake seems pretty risky.
    "Espeon, Psybeam!" Espeon blasts a Psybeam at Slugma.
    "Amnesia!" cries Flannery, and Slugma glows, raising its special defence. The Psybeam hits, for decreased damage. "You're not doing too badly. But nobody fights a more firey battle than me! Overheat!" Slugma begins charging a powerful attack. What will you do?

Your Options
    -All or nothing Earthquake.
    -Psybeam into the Overheat.
    -Switch to Swampert.
    -Switch to Sableye.
    -Switch to Swellow.
    -Switch to Kirlia.
    -Use a Soda Pop.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    All or nothing, Earthquake!

Sure, it will probably take out both of them but I see it as the best chance right now.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    All or nothing Earthquake!
    "Fire!" yells Flannery and Slugma launches the huge fire attack.
    "Espeon, Earthquake!" It stares at you uncertainly for a moment. "Go!" Espeon cries out, and the ground shakes once more. Slugma tries to hold on, but is being tossed around by the powerful earthquake. Boulders tumble down to the ground, causing a huge dustcloud. The dust clears, revealing both Espeon and Slugma, knocked out.
    "So you turned this into a two-on-two match." comments Flannery, recalling Slugma. "But Slugma was just my weakest team member!"

Take Down
    Rock Slide
    Overheat
    Growl

Your Options
    -Use Swampert.
    -Use Sableye.
    -Use Swellow.
    -Use Kirlia.
    -Revive Espeon.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    Use Sableye

That's what I would have done anyway. We need to save our Swampert for the last Pokemon. Swellow would be in disadvantage and Kirlia is just too underleveled so that leaves to Sableye.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Use Sableye!
    Sableye leaps out and slams Camerupt. Flannery frowns.
    "Sableye has a big speed advantage over Camerupt. But I can change that. Rock Slide." Camerupt stomps the ground, and the room shakes. You hear a rumbling above you. Uh oh. Boulders begin tumbling to your side of the arena. While not as many boulders drop as when Espeon used Earthquake, many stll do fall. Sableye dances and flips around, dodging the rocks.
    "Now Overheat!" Camerupt blasts a huge fire stream at Sableye. Sableye can't dodge the attack due to it already being occupied with the rocks. It takes the blast to the chest. It falls to the ground, smoking, but has to get up and jump away to dodge another rock. "Again!" Another slightly-weaker atttack flies at Sableye, hitting for serious damage. However the rockfall has stopped and you finally have an opportunity to fight back. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Use Shadow Ball!
    -Use Confuse Ray!
    -Use Faint Attack!
    -Heal with a Soda Pop
    -Revive Espeon.
    -Switch to Swampert.
    -Switch to Kirlia.
    -Switch to Swellow.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box: