• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Release Mudkip!
    You release the Pokemon in the middle Poke Ball: it's a Mudkip!

Lv5 Mudkip
    Tackle
    Growl
    "Mudkip can use two attacks: Tackle and Growl. Use them against the Poochyena!"
    Poochyena was charging in with another Tackle.
    "Mudkip, Growl!" Mudkip Growled, slowing down the Tackle attack. "Now Tackle!" Mudkip slammed into Poochyena, knocking him out.
    "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" says the girl.
    "Ah, why were you being chased by a Poochyena?"
    "I didn't do it on purpose! I stood on its foot by accident and... It doesn't matter! Anyways, the name's May, and I'm Professor Birch's assistant. You're that newbie trainer, right? You should stop by the Pokemon Centre later - the professor's waiting for you there. Anyways, he's probably wondering where I am, so I'd better go. Later!"
    As May leaves, you look down at your new Mudkip. You're so ecstatic to have a brand new Pokemon, you can't decide where to go next. As you're heading back into town, you see a silhouette off in the trees. You want to investigate, but don't wanna keep Prof. Birch waiting either. Where do you go?
    -Return to your house.

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

PokéGuru1

Professor Spruce.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    Hmm.. well, even if you rush after the silhouette the legendary would most likely run off. And you don't even have any pokeballs to catch it? PFFT.

So, I'm not going to be rude. Go to the PokéCenter

Duragi

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Yes, but if we check out the silloute, and it's a legendary, we may be destined to cross paths with it later on.

Vote is in bold.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Check out the Silhouette
    You race into the bushes to check out the mysterious sillhouette. What could it be? A treasure chest? An uber rare Pokemon?

You jump into the bush, ready to pounce onto the Pokemon and tumble headfirst into a man. You fall to the ground and look up. The man is staring down at you with ice-cold eyes.
    Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

"Hey kid: if you don't wanna enter a world of pain, I suggest you scram. Now."
    You look at the ground beside him: it's the Poochyena you defeated before.
    "Hmm? Yes, you beat this pathetic loser already - I have no more need for him" The man kicked the Poochyena, and it scampered off into the bushes, whimpering.
    "I am a member of Team Aqua, kid. And unless you wanna be as beaten up as that Poochyena, I suggest you scurry on home." And with that, the man released a Pokemon.

Your Options
    -Fight with Mudkip
    -Try to keep talking to the man
    -Rush back to the Pokemon Centre

Sidenote: This wasn't explained earlier in the thread, but I'd just like to introduce Game Overs. If you get a bad enough choice that you die or something really bad happens, it's a Game Over. What that means is, you return back to the last set of options and pick again. Don't worry, that won't be for a while; there aren't any Game Overs this early in the game.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm going to be difficult and say that we should try talking to the man.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Wow, even spread so far:

Fight the Tentacruel - 1
    Flee back to Pkmn Centre - 1
    Try talking to the man - 1

Duragi

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Try talking, or begging. It may work, diffuse the anger.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Alright, so that makes it:

Fight the Tentacruel - 1
    Flee back to Pkmn Centre - 1
    Try talking to man - 2

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Talk to the Man
    You decide that there is a chance he may come after you if you simply fled, so you attempt to stall him instead.
    "What would Team Aqua want around here anyway?" you ask.
    "None of you business; that's between us and Arc..." he stopped, realising that he was about to blab.
    "Arc...?" you wonder, "What were you about to say?"
    "Arc... er... um... arc... Arctic circle is really chilly! That's what I was about to say! Anyway, get lost! Tentacruel, Sludge Bomb!" Tentacruel shoots the attack at you. You jump backwards, so the attack misses and shatters a large rock. Uh oh. You turn tail and run, back to the Verdanturf Pokemon Centre. You probably shouldn't have stuck around to talk to the man - looks like you goofed. :(
    As you enter the Pokemon Centre, you see May and a brown-haired man, who you assume to be Prof. Birch, sitting at a table. You join them.
    "Oh, you must be the new trainer! I'm Professor Birch, the renowned Pokemon professor of Hoenn!" You tell them that you want to begin your journey.
    "He's already a decent trainer; he took down an aggresive Poochyena earlier right after getting his first Pokemon" said May.
    "Is that so?", said Birch, "Well I'll let you keep the Mudkip you used then. You should also take this Pokedex - it records data on any Pokemon you capture. And use these for capturing." he said, handing over 5 Poke Balls.
    "Oh, and take these too", said May, handing you a couple of bottles, "These are Potions, which can heal your Pokemon."
    "Now, you wanna take the Pokemon Gym challenge, yes?" said Birch, "Then you should head to either Rustboro or Mauville from here, for your first Gym battle. It's up to you."
    You thank the Professor and May, fully heal Mudkip, and prepare to head out on your journey. But where will you go?

Your Options
    -Head out to Rustboro via the Rusturf Tunnel
    -Head out to Mauville via Route 117
    -Visit your house

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    One Question: How did we end up in Verdanturf if the Lab is all the way near Littleroot? Juust Curious.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Anyway, so far:

Head out to Rustboro via Rusturf Tunnel - 0
    Head out to Mauville via Route 117 - 0
    Visit your house - 1

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Visit the house. I'm just going to say that we fell asleep somewhere beforehand and magically ended up at Verdanturf.

Last edited:
    Back