• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
  • Swellow!
    You chose to send out your Flying-type to continue what Sableye began. Swellow bursts from the Poke Ball, taking flight.
    "Sweeellow!"
    "Shouldn't take too long..." smiles Tabitha. "Machamp, Thunderpunch!" Machamp leaps at Swellow, one fist glowing yellow with crackling electricity. Swellow recoils backwards sharply.
    "Fight back, Wing Attack!" Swellow swoops at Machamp, wings glowing. However as it gets close, Machamp swings with one of its four fists. Swellow swerves and tries to continue the attack, only to be batted away by the other fists.
    "Heh... The four-fisted fighting style of my Machamp means that is has virtually no weak points or blind spots. I've spent many hours extensively training it to ensure that no matter where you attack from, your attack will simply be repelled.
    "Quick Attack!" you call. Swellow divebombs Machamp, but Machamp slams it with a flash-quick Thunderpunch. Swellow goes spping backwards, slamming into a boulder by your side. It picks itself up, bedraggled. This... is not going well. Tabitha prepares to launch another attack, and a manical laugh echoes through the chamber. You look up to see a figure in red standing on a ledge overlooking the lava pool.

Maxie, the leader of Team Magma is holding a glowing blue object - the Blue Orb.
    "Hahaha! Seems the whelps trailed us to our very own base. But its too late. In a few short minutes, this Blue Orb will resurrect the ancient legendary Pokemon that sleeps deep within the volcano - Groudon!"
    "Groudon..." says Flannery, "I've heard of it... in ancient times, a humongous army from the sea was said to have invaded Hoenn... planning to completely flood it. The ancient Groudon awoke and absolutely destroyed the army... in a single night. It continued to rage, until a lone hero sealed it away, never to be released again."
    "Yes, Groudon... the ultimate Pokemon of the land, and Team Magma's ultimate objective. With this, we can expand the land, and crush Team Aqua and their pathetic Water-Pokemon once and for all. Our careful preperations are now complete." He holds up the Blue Orb. It shines a brilliant light, that fills the entire cavern. All of a sudden, a huge earth-shaking roar rumbles.
    "This is bad... We only have a few minutes left to stop Groudon from rising... If it does, we don't stand a chance against Team Magma!"
    "Admins! Grunts! This is your final mission! Stall them! We just need a few more minutes before our grand victory!" Courtney jumps down from al edge to confront May and Flannery, while Tabitha turns back to you.
    "Well there you have it folks. Team Magma is about to win this game, all I have to do it win this battle. Machamp!" Machamp prepares to launch another Thunderpunch.
    Not good... Swellow can't land a hit on this Machamp, and Tabitha still has Espeon. And Maxie is about to wake Groudon, which would make Team Magma practically invincible... What will you do???

Your Options
    -Send out ________.
    -Wing Attack!
    -Quick Attack!
    -Double Team!
    -Fly!
    -Hyper Potion!

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 6
    Game Overs: 2

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Hey everybody, I'm still here, just uber busy with real life crap...

Thanks a ton for your support and persistence with the CYOA and keeping it alive. I'll have an update up shortly, but I just have a fairly important message in the meantime...

As you all know, my updates are becoming increasingly sporadic... Though hopefully there won't be huge patches of inactivity (like the one... I was just on...), it's becoming increasingly difficult to deal with this by myself. Thus, would anyone be interested in helping me write updates?
    I'm not quitting or anything - I'll still be around to do a lot of the updates, but if I had a second writer, CYOA could be updated far more regularly. If I'm busy, I'd probably still have the time to write up a bit of the plot, which the writer can then turn into an update.
    Basically you just have to have a little bit of spare time (an update usually takes 15-30 minutes to write), and decent writing abillity (and by that I just mean abillity to write a reasonably coherent story, not too many mispelled words, correct grammar and punctuation etc.).

So if you're interested in helping out, VM or PM me - this would help me out a lot. :)

Now thank you for your incredible patience, regular programming will resume shortly... :)

Send out Swampert!
    You're getting desperate now, so you send out Swampert tofight. It emerges in a splash of water, and throws a punch at Machamp, butMachamp catches Swampert's hand without any trouble. Swellow zooms in frombehind with a Wing Attack, and Machamp plucks the bird out of the sky with itssecond arm. It throws Swellow toward you, tthen uses all four of its arms tothrow Swampert on top of the dishevelled Swellow.
    A hugeroar emnates from deep within the lava pool, and the ground starts shaking. Manyof the Magma Grunts flee as the ceiling begins to cave in. Tabitha, andCourtney, as well as Maxie hold their ground. Maxie is holding the Blue Orb upin the air, a manical expression on his face.
    "2 on 1huh? Well that's hardly fair." says Tabitha, regaining his composure after thequake, "Camerupt!"

"Incinerate them! Flamethrower!" A stream of fire zoomstowards your two Pokemon. Swampert stands up, and has just enough time to fireoff a Surf attack to neutralise the Flamethrower with a wall of water.
    "Dynamicpunch!"Machamp leaps at your Pokemon, one fist glowing. You have literally seconds toput a stop to Team Magma. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Surf!
    -Take Down!
    -Ice Beam!
    -Mud Shot!
    -Quick Attack!
    -Wing Attack!
    -Double Team!
    -Fly!

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Items:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 6
    Game Overs: 2

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Hey everybody, it's me...

It's with a great deal of genuine regret that I'm gonna have to quit CYOA.
    I just can't find the time these days to maintain this thing, and my life is becoming increasingly hectic now.

The six months that I have been writing here have been awesome (well... mostly), I hope you've all had as much fun participating in CYOA as I have in writing it. This was my first stint in actual writing, and I've learned quite a lot from it.

I'd like to thank you guys for your incredible dedication and patience with me, - CYOA would've died off long ago if wasn't for you guys. I was genuinely quite touched to see some of you trying to keep the thread alive during my inactivity, and I'm deeply sorry to anyone who was hoping I'd be able to continue. Also thank you to Dark Pulse for support, and Callandor for his generous offer to help write.

If anybody wants to take over this story from me, they're more than welcome - I'll be around for the next few days, so let me know via VM or PM if you need anything or want any help.

I'm going to be inactive for probably quite a long time now, so a huge thanks once again, and

Adios.

Back