• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose Your Own Adventure - Kanto Edition (V2)

Years
  • Choose Your Own Adventure - Kanto Edition

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 17, 2010, a user called Izanagi created a thread called "Pokémon: Choose Your Own Adventure!" and it was quite a success. While it only laster around three months, it gathered over 900 posts.

Sadly, Izanagi bacame inactive, along with the thread, and it was closed by Drew on September 15, 2010. Izanagi hasn't been on the PokéCommunity Forums since March 14, 2011 and will probably not be back anytime soon.

But during 2010-2011, other users created their own versions of the thread, but incorporating different regions. While some succeeded, in the end, all of them became inactive and have ceased to exist in the Pokémon Trivia forum.

So, without any disrespect to Izanagi and his creation, I have decided to reboot the game, so that users can once again enjoy this game, calling it "Choose Your Own Adventure - Kanto Edition".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I rather not have to go back through all the posts on the other thread and start back where Izanagi left off, we will be starting from the beginning.

The rules are simple:
    - I, the Game Master, post a scenario with choices, usually between 2-5.
    - It is you job, the readers, to pick the choice you want to occur in the story.
    - You may only vote once per scenario.
    - I will choose the choice that gets three votes first (This may be subject to change).
    - If a decision isn't reached after 48 hours (2 Days), I will choose the option with the most votes.
    - If there's a tie, I will let the next poster decide which option to choose, even if they already voted.
    - Obviously, you must adhere the forum rules of PokéCommunity. Basically, don't be rude.

Alright, let's begin!

Hello there!
    Glad to meet you!

Welcome to the world of POKéMON!

My name is OAK.
    People affectionately refer to me as the POKéMON PROFESSOR.

This world...

...is inhabited far and wide by creatures called POKéMON.

For some people, POKéMON are pets. Others use them for battling. As for myself, I study POKéMON as a profession.

But first, tell me a little about yourself.

Now tell me:

A) Are you a boy? (5 Votes, Won)

B) Or are you a girl? (0 Votes, Lost)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow! 5 Votes in less than a day! This is great!

That's right! I remember now! You're Red from Pallet Town!

Red! You're very own POKéMON adventure is about to unfold!

A world of dreams and adventures with POKéMON awaits! Let's go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pallet Town "Shades of Your Journey Await!"

[You wake up in your bedroom. Today's the day you begin your POKéMON journey. You get up and greet your mother downstairs.]

...Right.

All boys leave home someday. It said so on TV.

Oh, yes. PROF. OAK, next door, was looking for you.

[Where do you plan to go first?]

You can go to:
    A) House Next Door (0 Votes, Lost)
    B) PROF. OAK's Lab (1 Vote, Lost)
    C) Route 1 (1 Vote, Lost)
    D) Back Upstairs (3 Votes, Won)

(Hint: Two place give you an added "bonus" later on, neither one the same.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    B. Seriously, going to Route 1 automatically is just gonna make you an attack doll for Pokémon. Wouldn't it be better to get your own Pokémon before getting in there?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    i hope this doesnt die off, wish this CYOA is good and interesting (this impt for any CYOA to continue).
    SO far this seem like a standard fare Kanto adventure (which might get boring since we all know what gonna happen), hopefully theres some new twists or stuff to keep going.

D, gotta get the potion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    B again. Like I said. Route 1's full of Pokemon. You need your own before stepping in.

Years
  • Rainy, I should of mentioned this earlier, but each user is only allowed to vote once in each story post. It wouldn't be fair, sorry.

Anyway, B and C have 1 vote, while D has 2 votes.

I will give you a hint, you guys have voted for both of the added "bonuses", while one does not. It's up to you to figure out the best one! Good luck!

Years
  • D it is! And what would you know, it does have a bonus!

[You head back upstairs to your room, just to make sure you didn't forget anything. But as you walk in, you discover a mysterious young man with a yellow POKéMON in your room, which has been completely torn apart!]

Hehehe... it's seems that we've been caught. Not that it matters. What I need isn't anywhere in this room. It must be in the house next door...

[The duo Teleport away in a bright pink light before you could stop them. Where now?]

You can go to:
    A) House Next Door (4 Votes, Won)
    B) PROF. OAK's Lab (1 Vote, Lost)
    C) Route 1 (0 Votes, Lost)

Last edited:
    Back