• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure [Sinnoh]

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    -GrifSpark-

Hey, there's a Johto and Hoenn version. Why should Sinnoh be shunned?

The rules are much the same as all three of the previous. You will be given a choice of options, and the first to recieve 3 votes is what will happen, got it?

Story: You have lived your life in Sandgem town, Sinnoh, and you are finally old enough to collect your first Pokemon. It has been a good decade since the event of Team Galactic, and their precense has diminished to only a few petty crimes. A few of the Gyms have changed around a bit, although they keep mostly the same typing.

---

Congratulations, it's your twelth birthday, and you can officially own your very first Pokemon. You throw yourself out of your bed, and get dressed. You near enough fall down the stairs in excitement, and expect to see your mom. Instead, she has gone.

In her place, is your next door neighbour, Roland, helping himself to breakfast.

Factfile
    Roland, your nextdoor neighbour. He is a year older than you, and started his journey a couple of months ago, although has returned to Sandgem to refresh before heading back out.
    He's a little arrogant, and refuses to lose no matter what.

"Hey kid, want some breakfast?" he asks, before shoving a spoon of cornflakes into his mouth.

What do you do?

> Ask him why he's here.

> "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!?" and at the response, charge and attack him.

> Ignore him, and then leave the house to get your first Pokemon.

> Simply get something to eat.

Minor Edit: Changed the font/sizes/etc. And then added a fourth option, just to add a little variety.

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Years
    Ask him why he's here - 2
    "WHAT THE HELL!?, etc, etc..." - 1

And yes, it is only five minutes before an Isshu one appears. The English names haven't been released yet, so it'll probably be more like 10 minutes...

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Ask him why he's here.

I like being polite, even though Roland is being the rude one in this situation.

GrifSpark

Years
    Part 2
    Ask him why he's here

Roland chuckles to himself. "Your mom wanted me to take you to get your first Pokemon while she's shopping. I think she's shopping, I don't really remember."

After a quick bowl of cereal, you head outside of the house, into the streets of Sandgem. It remains much the same as it had ten years ago, although the beach has receded slightly, causing development to move up towards Route 202. Standing outside of Sandgem laboratory, Roland slamed his fist hard against the door three times, waiting for a response.

"Hey, open up!" Roland yells, but to no answer.

A note pinned to the side of the door says. 'If your meeting with Professor Rowan is urgent, you may find him at Lake Verity'.

Roland, noticing the note, already heads off in that direction, without even waiting for you to catch up, and it is only a matter of time before you reach 201. You instantly feel uneasy. Aren't you meant to stay away from tall grass if you don't have a Pokemon?

What do you do?

> Mention that you should have a Pokemon when crossing routes.

> Annoy a local Pokemon, show Roland who's boss.

> Ignore it, and plough forward. You'll be safe, right?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I thought you could jump off ledges to avoid grass areas in Route 201.

I choose Mention that you should have a Pokemon when crossing routes.

Annoying a local pokemon may osund funny, but wouldn't be wise. It would probably end up like Prof. Birch and The Poochyena/Zigzagoon in R/S/E and the Starly attack at verity. Only this time, we have no briefcase with starter Pokemon laying around since Rowan is at Lake Verity.

Plowing through will be the same exact thing.

If we mention that we should have a Pokemo nwhen crossing, Roland may give us a Pokemon or even find the ledges to qavoid the grass.

This may even result in a better Pokemon thatn the starters.

GrifSpark

Years
    Who's to say there's no briefcase? :D

I'm not giving away any information about what will happen, but each one leads to a different oportunity. Well, probably. I only have an idea for what happens for two of the options, but I can come up with something interesting for the third.

Oh, and you can jump the ledges on Route 201, but what fun is that?

Years
    @Grifspark, I planned out mine before I started it up, I suggest you do the same, I mean I improv the Pokemon that appear and sometimes the battles are almost live since I'm usually on at periods at high activity but you can't go back and change this stuff so why not plan it now?
    Also, what did I say, and Isshu one popped up :]

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ^there are no abras on route 201. I say Mention that you should have a Pokemon when crossing routes though I assume he will insult our bravery.

GrifSpark

Years
    @Grifspark, I planned out mine before I started it up, I suggest you do the same, I mean I improv the Pokemon that appear and sometimes the battles are almost live since I'm usually on at periods at high activity but you can't go back and change this stuff so why not plan it now?
    Also, what did I say, and Isshu one popped up :]

Admittedly, I have spent most of my day planning stuff, and I now know an acceptable solution to each answer. And indeed, an Isshu version appeared, and so did a Kanto one. They burn!

Mention that we need a Pokemon - 2
    Annoy a local Pokemon - 1
    Ignore it - 0

GrifSpark

Years
    Part 3
    Mention we need a Pokemon

After a few moments of silence, you mention just how dangerous it can be if you're without a Pokemon through almost any route. Roland simply stares at you with an 'are you serious?' look.

"You're kidding, right?" he asks, as he throws a tiny sphere into the air, and catches it effortlessly. "I've been doing this for just under a year now. I know what I'm doing."

After feeling as if you've just made a fool of yourself, the two of you plough on, and after your insesant nagging, try to avoid any kind of grass what-so-ever. As you moved forward, the trees and grass seem to part, and the road splits into a fork directions. One way heads to LittleRoot, although that would just be prolonging the trip, so you head to the right path towards the lake.

-Trip-

You slam to the floor, slightly winded, and over all confused. You turn to see what you tripped over, but Roland beat you to it. What you tripped over was infact a leather suitcase. It looked rather expensive, and Roland already begins rumaging through it. "Hey, look at this!"

Inside, lays three Pokeballs, each with a name written underneath them. The writting is fairly scrapped, and looks rushed, but some of it is legible.

Roland grunts slightly at the sound of rustling in the background. "Sounds like a Pokemon. Just stick behind me-"

He cut off, as two men leap from out of the bushes. Both of them are wearing ridiculous jumpsuits, which makes Roland snicker a little. "You two, give us your Pokemon!" they yell, as they each hold a Pokeball forward. The comment made Roland act a little more serious, but still seems to find the whole situation far too comical.

"Kid, how do you feel about giving me some back up. Grab one of those Pokeballs. This should be fun."

What do you do?

> Choose the one with "Tu_w_g"

> Choose the one with "C_im_ar"

> Choose the one with "_ipl_p"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Going to balance this out with the first option, Tu_w_g.
    <3333

Back