• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose your own Adventure- Waze(New region)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
  • Okay, so I'm sure you're all familiar with CYOA threads. If you're not, here's how to play:
    I write a short segment, then provide multiple options. The first option to get three votes wins and the story will continue.

Enjoy!!

"Richard! Please get up!" you hear, groaning as you stir in your bed. It's the next statement that gets you to your feet: "It's time to get your pokemon today!" Suddenly, you're full of energy and run straight downstairs. Your mother is there, and a plate full of steaming pancakes dripping with syrup awaits you. You eat as fast as you can, eager to get your pokemon. Your mother is about to say something to you, but you brush her off and run straight out of your house and towards the lab of Professor Petron. He grins at you the moment you enter, panting.
    "I see. Eager to get our first pokemon and go on the journey, aren't we?" he says playfully. You nod, then rush forward, catching a few assistants off-guard and some to stare.
    "Alright! So, what do I get?" you say, your foot tapping. This is new for you. Petron pulls out a cardboard box. Inside are three pokeballs.

"You can choose Totodile, Chimchar, or Bulbasaur. Pick wisely." he says. But, before you can choose, another person bursts into the room. A girl. She's also here to start her journey. She takes one look at the pokeballs, panting then looks at Petron.
    "What are they?" she asks, Petron promptly responding. The girl then looks at the balls with a look of confusement on her face. Then she says: "Can i have them all?" and before Petron can respond, she grabs the box and darts away. Petron tries to stop her, but she's gone already. Will you...
    (a) Go after the strange girl
    (b) Ask Petron what other pokemon he has for you to choose
    (c)vomit the pancakes on Petron's desk because you ate to fast, and see his reaction

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    C, I love doing the least likliest choice people would make. ^^

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    B. Could be a rare pokemon in it for us!

darkpokeball

Years
  • A-1
    B-2
    C-3

Oh, you have got to be kidding. Anyways...:

Richard starts to shift from foot to foot, his face growing a palish-green. Petron gives him a worried look.
    "Richard, are you okay?"

Richard opens his mouth to respond 'Yes' but instead is horrified as a stream of barf comes out and lands on the professor's shoes. Well, they should've. Petron has a disgusted and angered look on his face at first, but when he looks down, his face changes to amazement. The barf is floating above his shoes. Richard notices, and sees the Kecleon reveal itself. It must've come from the tall grass outside and gotten lost! THe Kecleon looks confused, pondering what's on it before turning invisible again. The barf still reveals it's position. Petron looks at Richard, before pulling an ultra-ball out of his pocket.

"Looks like you'll get your starter after all!" he says, then throws the ball. THe Kecleon is wild, so the ball takes it in. It jiggles once...twice...CLICK! The Kecleon was caught! Petron holds the ball out to Richard, and the boy takes it with wonder.

"Looks like it was a good thing you tried to volmit on me!" Petron says with a smile. So, now Richard has his starter. Petron gives him two pokeballs to catch wild pokemon. He lets Kecleon out of it's pokeball. It still has that confused look on it's face, wondering what just happened and why it's in a ball. Richard bends over and tells Kecleon it's going to be alright, and that he's a friend. Kecleon, unsure what to do, decides to go by Richard's word and follows the boy out of the lab. Traveling side-by-side Richard and Kecleon charge into the tall grass, Kecleon not so eager to.

"Well, I don't want any one of my pokemon to be weaker than the other! I've got to use these other two pokeballs!" Richard says to Kecleon. Suddenly, he see's movement in the grass. Following it, he grins as he is eager to see what his next pokemon will be. Finally he catches up and it is a:

A: Pachirisu
    B: Bidoof
    C: Ralts

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    C. Ralts

It's final evolution is the most power out of the three and Psychic are pretty powerful.

darkpokeball

Years
  • That was easy...

Richard encountered a Ralts! It started to give it's little battle cry, but before it could finish, Richard commanded Kecleon to attack. Kecleon gave it a hard tackle. Richard threw the pokeball right after and watched as Ralts was taken into it. Ralts struggled to get out, but was soon caught. Richard picked up his new friend. Then, as he turned to use his next pokeball, he saw the girl from the lab.

"HEY!" Richard calls out. The girl turns to look.
    "Return that box to Petron!" Richard said. The girl has a small smirk.

"I've bonded with this Totodile, the other two, not so much. But I bet I can bond with them after a while of travel. Until then, Toto's my favorite."

Richard glares. Then he see's the girl feeding Toto a rare candy. Toto hops up before landing again, happily. More rare candies poke out of her bag. Richard realizes she must have tons! But, he doesn't know how much she's used. She turns to speak again:

"Tell you what! Beat me in battle, and I'll give the other two back taking Toto as my starter. If you lose, give me all your pokemon!" the girl says. Richard realizes this is a wild card. He doesn't know what level her pokemon are, due to the candies. Does Richard...

(A)Accept her challenge
    (B)Decline her challenge
    (C)Ask what level her pokemon are

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    C, since every C option seems the best one so far. XD

darkpokeball

Years
  • A-0
    B-0
    C-2

The girl's getting impatient...one more vote for C and it's chosen though!
    -
    EDIT: I wonder how CYOA characters feel when they have to wait for others to make their choices for them. Richard might be just awkwardly staring at the girl, who's waiting for a response.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'm gonna go for C. Fighting blind with a Trainer who abuses the Infinite Rare Candies cheat is never a good idea...

darkpokeball

Years
  • C it is then!
    -
    Richard hesitates, before asking:
    "What level are your pokemon?"
    The girl gives him a strange glance and sighs before laughing.
    "You're smarter than you look...you must've seen me rob the PokeMart and grab all these rare candies! You must've also seen me meet with the Rocket Grunts, and our conversation about leveling up our pokemon so much that no snot-nosed trainer can ever beat us so we could rule the region of Waze! Guess what! I'm going to battle you anyways!" she says. Richard goes red. He knows he can't decline a trainer challenge, but then he realizes she isn't a trainer. She's a Rocket Grunt. So, instead, he decides to bluff. Sending out Kecleon, he watches as the girl sends out Totodile.

Then, Richard charges. Catching the girl off-guard, Richard rams her chest with his left shoulder. She grunts and falls down, smushing the rare candies in her backpack. She drops the box, containing Chimchar and Bulbasaur. Both are in their pokeballs. Totodile turns around and charges after Richard, after realizing what just happened. The girl begins to get back up. Richard knows the only way to beat this crazy-leveled Toto is to use one of the other crazy-leveled pokemon in the box. Richard then thinks that this is his true starter-choosing...despite the fact there's no water starter. He intends to keep the pokemon he chose if he wins...that way, after he uses his third pokeball from Petron, he'll have four of six. Will Richard choose...

(A)Chimchar
    (B)Bulbasaur
    (C)Use his Kecleon
    (D)Use his Ralts
    (E)Use himself

Back