• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christainity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I've been lurking about on religions for quite some time, but recently I saw a 'law' that states "Parents whom teach their child about God are mentally insane and unfit as parents." Thus, allowing anyone to take away children from Christian Parents.

I find this a bit insulting, and what's more, other peoples comments about the abandonment of Science.

For one, we all know that Science is what we can personally test. And get an answer that is 100% true. (I could go on about how Carbon Dating is a joke due to a personal experience, but that's not what I'm talking about.)

Now, I understand that there are MASSIVE amounts of stupid people calling themselves Christians, and just using God/Jesus as a way of not having to look into Science or try hard for anything, really. But from what I've been reading, is that this Religion is all about knowing the Truth.

This website that I have there, seems to be what most Christians should be:
    https://www.the-reality-check.com/Commentary.html

I've also personally met this person, and is far away from insane. Never have I had conversations that lumped God and Science together and made sense. Not until I met this person.

...I get off-track.

What I'm actually wondering is your thoughts on people taking away Christian Parents kids for the sole-reason that they're teaching them about God. (Not actually doing any background checks on them, just that One reason.)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Source, please?

If we have any respect left for religious tolerance, this law- or what have you- should be nullified ASAP and quicker. Seriously, whose idea was this?

Years
  • I have never heard nor seen anything about this before and find it hard to believe any developed nation would have such a law.

The premise of democracy is the right to think, say and believe in what you like, no matter how unrealistic it may be.

I would need to see the source of this, but I find it almost impossible to believe this would happen in a developed nation.

Also, my own personal view is that I tend to avoid normal religion, I have my own way to live my life, I don't talk to others about it, but it's my own private "religion" so to speak.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This is why atheist extremists are about as antithetical to democracy as Christian extremists, but with an added dash of condescending. XD

"Freedom of religion" means letting the masses choose what to believe, not forcing a neutral belief system on them. I may not be a fan of organized religion, but I'm sure I'd be a much different person today had I not been raised Catholic. It was a vital part of my parents passing down their values, and every parent should have the same rights. >_>

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Due to the fact that most threads of religious nature tend to get ugly really fast, we do not allow them to be posted anymore. I'm going to have to close this.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200948

Other Chat forum rules

Originally written by Ryotaro. Additions by Amachi, Chibi-chan and Aegis

Before posting or creating a thread, please take heed of the following rules. They are enforced in this area and have have been decided upon by the community staff. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in warnings and/or infractions being distributed.

Unless otherwise stated, the general [url-inline="showthread.php?t=54097"]PC rules[/url-inline] apply to this area.
    • This area is an off-topic area, it is only for threads that do not fit in other areas. Please post Pokémon-related threads in their respective areas.
    • Do not make a thread for the purpose of advertising a forum or website.
    • No "Funny Video" threads. These threads leave little room for discussion and are not to be posted unless a mature, intelligent discussion can come from it.
    • No leaving/returning topics.
    • No sexual discussion topics.
      [*]No religious discussion topics.
    • Stay on topic in all threads.
    • Do not post an "Ask a Question" thread. If you can find the answer by a search engine, there is no need to present it as a thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back