• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

christian music

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    does anyone here listen to modern mainstream Christian music? back when i was a "church-goer" that's all i was allowed to listen to, but since i stopped going i've been listening to everything but.

if Christian music is something you listen to, have you seen any sort of evolution in it over the years? do you think the Christian music of today will be the new "classic hymns" of the future? what do you think of the lyrics- i've never heard a song from a Christian artist/group with lyrics more complex than mundane expressions of love and gratitude, similar enough to your average romance tune to where all you'd have to do is replace terms of endearment with "God" or "Jesus."

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • The only Christian band I've ever been interested in was um.. I think the name was Skillet, lol. The name is really weird, I might name my future band "Frying Pan" hahaha. I'm actually not sure if it's a Christian band or a Catholic band, because I always viewed Christians as the more HARDCORE CHURCH GOER type out of the two. Skillet is the kind of band that doesn't necessarily come off as a Christian/Catholic/whatever band, but if you actually listen to the lyrics everything relates to religion in one way or another. There's definitely nothing profane about them though. Definitely not something that's going to be referred to as "classic hymns" in the future though, like I said they don't come off as Christian, I didn't even realize they were until I went on a church trip with one of my good friends, and one of the kids mentioned Skillet and how they were actually gonna be at the church. Evolution wise the band has had members come and go so naturally over the course of time their "style" began to change, or evolve.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I like Christian music. I listen to it a lot because most of it is pretty nice, and I don't think you're giving it enough credit. The lyrics of the better artists (the amount of which outnumbers the average artists) are often quite deep, and it often takes 5 or more listens to absorb the meaning of the song.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I enjoy listening to Christian music.... well not some of the newer, edgier stuff. I might not be overly religious, but I like the positive messages contained in the lyrics.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    My dad always plays it in the car and alot of the lyrics you wouldnt even no it was a christian song if they took the word 'God' or 'Jesus' out itd be normal music but i quite like some of it and i think its evolved hugely from classical choir singing to what we have now :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I recently went through a Christian Music phase even though I haven't labeled myself as Christian for the last two years. XD

Regardless of what you think of God or the religion, Christian music does have really motivational lyrics and some bands even have an epic sound to them. :D

My personal favorite is "The Voice of Truth" as performed by Casting Crowns. :P

Years
  • My personal favorite is "The Voice of Truth" as performed by Casting Crowns. :P
    I quite like that one a lot, too. The randomest thing. I heard it playing in the background of a Chinese restaurant when I was in America, and I had to find it. I actually didn't realize it was Christian song until I started paying attention to the lyrics. There's another song they have called "Who Am I," which I think is pretty good.

At one period of my life, Relient K's "Getting Into You" was especially meaningful to me. The lyrics are simple, and they can mean everything to you or nothing at all. Some of their other songs are decent too.

Another band would be Kutless. I can't say their lyrics are great, because I've never noticed, but I liked the sound some of their songs have.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Never listened to a because they were Christian but do like a band called The Devil Wears Prada. They're Christian, before they performed they gave a little speech about the good word of Jesus.

Haunted House of Onyx

Ghastly Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • Actually, believe this or not, ICP (Insane Clown Posse) follow God, and prove it in thier songs, in a bizarre sort of way. Listen to one song called "Echo Side", it mentions a man with a long black tongue speaking backwards and my friend and I deciphered it... It's saying that you should follow god, F the devil and all of this.

So I have reason to believe that ICP MAY BE a Christian-sort of band. They play rap though

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    icp isn't under a christian label but, if the band members are christian and draw attention to it in their music, sure they're christian. but i'm not sure all their music is the influence most christians are looking for xD

and there are a lot of *officially* christian rappers, if by that last statement you're implying there are none.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I like some Christian music. It really depends, though. A lot of it just feels like church hymns, but there are a few groups who are more personal and real with their stuff. Plumb springs immediately to mind: she has a pretty well-rounded portfolio.

Haunted House of Onyx

Ghastly Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • icp isn't under a christian label but, if the band members are christian and draw attention to it in their music, sure they're christian. but i'm not sure all their music is the influence most christians are looking for xD

and there are a lot of *officially* christian rappers, if by that last statement you're implying there are none.

You're right, not ALL thier music is Christian friendly... They did one song called "Cartoon Nightmares" then they did another one called 3 Rings. And they don't CLAIM to be christians, but they do say they believe in God, they proved it through an album called The Wraith: Shangra-La.

They even say that you should follow God no matter what

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Heard of Hillsong United? They are Australian Christian group who makes good music. Their music is under alternative rock which I really enjoy. I also listen to Casting Crowns, their music is also enjoyable. Christian music is evolving and its' scope is continually growing covering not only the old fashion ones but also the younger generation. I guess that's a good sign.

Last edited:

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • I personally just like Skillet the most. Other than that, Hillsong goes second.

nm legend

Years
  • SKILLET is a cristian band??!....wow my lil bother listens to them and im pretty sure he doesnt know that.....hmmm and for myself i dont listen to none of that....aww man but now that i think of it i used to like (i forgot there name) it had the dude with dreads and they had one song that got real popular everywhere.....oh P.O.D. thats it

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I like alternative Christian rock.
    My favorites are Pillar, and Thousand Foot Krutch.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I like the songs they sing at church. and Cartman's Faith +1 Some of the songs at church are actually really catchy and I admittedly find myself humming or singing them to myself during my day.

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • I don't like any music that is related to God, because I don't believe in God, I just view it as "I listen to people preach to me about God 24/7. When I turn on my iPod to relax, I don't want to be preached to." No offense meant to anyone, please don't reply with anything like "OMGZORZ NO GODZ?!?!"

I do make a few exceptions though. Lady Gaga has a song coming out that say, "God makes no mistakes we are born this way." Usually that would turn a song off for me, but I am willing to make an exception. I also like Flyleaf, a Christian Rock group. Oh, and I like the song "One of Us".

That's about it. :)

Back