• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas Bash and New Year's Party Planning and Discussion

Years
  • The theme contests are always fun, so I think that should be a definite. : )
    As said in the 2003 thread, related voting polls are good to have too. ^_^
    Well, I mean, that's my opinion. XD
    And the rp and fanfic seemed like an interesting idea.

Years
  • Oh! I came with an idea that I don't think has been done before, although it may sound stupid. Just an idea. Somehow it came to my head to make, like...a decorate a stocking contest. Someone could draw out the shape of a stocking and contestants could use paint, draw, and such to decorate it with..

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • What if there was some type of "community tree" with gifts? The idea is a bit unusual and would require some work. But it might be a little enjoyable.

A thread for the Tree could be created, and people could donate images or sprites of individually-made gift boxes. Different users can then claim a box and place it in their signature. On Christmas, an image of the gift inside the box would replace the box image (similar to the idea of adopting eggs).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well Mazilwolf and I are holding the Pixel art contest throughout the month of December, and it runs on kinda the same idea as Kogenta's.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I like Kogenta's idea. Pretty clever and cute. I'll be interested in seeng the December contest guidelines. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    We'll see.

Just lemme talk to Mazil first.

But chances are you will, since we do want it to be a success, since the contests have been kinda slow lately.

I'll also let you know Sotomura, since you are organising this Christmas bash.

Woot!! Party!

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Hmm... Is it Mr. Satoshi-kun? Why it has been so long since their last encounter, perhaps half a year or so... Suppose during this quietest of all times that he has received a change in name? Pray that she is nevertheless addressing to the right person in mind. If not, then please pardon Naminé and her rashness to incorrectly identity sir as another~

Regardless, if sir is to be interested in starting a chain story, then should not the announcement/advertisement for such a proposal be made in the two writing subforums? Afterall, Naminé thinks that fellow writers may never venture into this part of the forum, and it maybe the most sufficient if they are to be notified of such events~

Anyway... Sorry for all the inconvenience that she causes, but Naminé wonders about how an online party even take place? If it is a gathering of all community members to talk with one another, then is it not all too similar to the standard day to day Daily Chit Chat? May someone kindly explain to Naminé the difference~?

Mmm..Haven't visited Other Chat for so long...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well Naminé, you're right. It would definitely make sense to notify the writer's of the forum that there is a chain story going on.

But maybe it'd be better if the chain story is actually posted in the Other Writing section?

As for online party .. I dunno how that would work. There's IRC and DCC, but it'd be like ... usual I guess.

Lucid

Actualy, it would just be the christmasy version of an old game; anyone here every played the Sniper game at any other forum? I've played it a couple of times on Gaia, it's pretty fun and fairly simple. Just instead of "Sniper", it could be "Secret Santa". The basics of the game are:

How this works is that there's a "Santa", randomly chosen by whoever is running the game. Every day, the "Santa" must message whoever is running the game saying who they wish to kill or "give a gift too", because murder on Christmas isn't cool. Similarly, every day, the other participants of the game must post in a thread and vote for who they think the sniper is. The person with the most votes at the end of each round goes to "The North Pole". If the person voted out is the "Santa", then the game ends - otherwise the "Santa's" target gets killed. In the event of a tiebreaker, nobody gets sent to "The North Pole", but the "Santa's" target still dies... Or uh… "Gets a gift"? I donno, it needs to be tweaked for the festivities.

Daily votes, snipes, and protects must be sent in by a set time or they won't be counted.

There are a number of roles in this game:
    Members/Party Guest
    Everybody starts with this role, and everybody in the game wants to convince others that they're in this role, even if they aren't. Otherwise, you could be killed or get sent to "The Pole"! That's the entire foundation of this game.

"Santa Clause"
    This is the main character of the game. As said above, they need to contact me daily and tell me who they'd like to "Give the Gift That Keeps on Giving". If, at the end of the day, the members don't figure out who the "Santa" is, their target dies or something. It's very important for the Santa to conceal their identity!

Frosty the Snowman
    At random points in the game, the person running the game may appoint a "capturer". Their job is to identify and kill the Santa entirely on their own accord. If they choose the Santa, they will become the Santa. Otherwise, they get sent to "The Pole" (murder, y'know).

Mrs. Clause
    Really simple. They're like the exact opposite of the "Santa"; each day, they must tell me who they wish to "protect". If they choose the Santa's target, then they'll be saved. They're also immune to being shot.

"Santa's Little Helper"
    The name says it all, they watch over the North Pole and make sure nobody gets out. If the sniper kills the Helper, the North Pole people will escape.

Yeah, I edited that game poorly… XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I wouldn't say it sucks ... but I think it needs a little more fine tuning and clarification, cause I'mm not yet quite sure I understand how it works.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Hmm..... if no-one would object to this, may I please hold the christmas theme contest?
    An extremely intelligent individual on MSN has just suggested that it be held in the "graphics and photography" forum, in contrast to the Halloween one, which was held in other chat; we believe the number of participants and voters was proportional to this aspect, so I think it would be best to hold it in the G & P forum.
    EDIT: Okay, Jake's given me permisssion~~

Last edited:

Lucid

That little game of yours sucks, Paige. No offense...

Hey... I tried... :(

[ray.z said:
    ]I wouldn't say it sucks ... but I think it needs a little more fine tuning and clarification, cause I'mm not yet quite sure I understand how it works.
    I know how badly I typed it up, but it's kinda like that crappy show "The Mole", where a team of people have to vote off that one person within their group. But yeah, whatever though. ;/

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Okay....... so is everybody cool with the theme contest being in G & P? Ima make the entry thread now......

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • For anyone who is interested in discussion for a holiday-themed RP, and would like to discuss ideas, I created a thread here for that purpose!

Now, I had a little idea of my own. How about a Secret Santa of sorts? Members who'd like to participate sign up, and create some sort of media (be it graphics, or maybe even a video) for a person. Of course, they wouldn't have any idea who they are sending it to, as all of the entries would be sent to the person organizing it. He or she would then redistribute them on Christmas day to those who joined up, and everyone would be all happy, and there'd be hugs, and everything. =D *shot*
    If this idea goes through, I'd kinda like to organize it. Christmas is fun~

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Is there anyway I could help you with the RP? D= I have good ideas and not only that but if they got posted there, they would get drowned out by other ideas posted too. x_x

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
  • For anyone who is interested in discussion for a holiday-themed RP, and would like to discuss ideas, I created a thread here for that purpose!

Now, I had a little idea of my own. How about a Secret Santa of sorts? Members who'd like to participate sign up, and create some sort of media (be it graphics, or maybe even a video) for a person. Of course, they wouldn't have any idea who they are sending it to, as all of the entries would be sent to the person organizing it. He or she would then redistribute them on Christmas day to those who joined up, and everyone would be all happy, and there'd be hugs, and everything. =D *shot*
    If this idea goes through, I'd kinda like to organize it. Christmas is fun~

The Secret Santa idea sounds good. I'd be glad to make just a little avatar or sumfin'~

I was going to start an RP already, but I was waiting til it got closer to Christmas... But I won't make one if there'll be a lot of other ones. Mine will die before it's even posted. I'd like to participate in a Christmas RP though, so if someone else made one, I wouldn't hesitate to join.

Back