• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Christmas Capers in Septo

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
  • INTRODUCTION
    The Septo Region returns in an exciting new adventure by Magneto20 and AndyP159!

STORY
    One year after the events of Septo Conquest, a new area of Septo has been uncovered in the north-east near Rikku Village! Exploring the new, mountainous region, you fall asleep and wake up to discover someone has stolen all your Pokemon!
    Fortunately, Lance has a house nearby, and you go to him for help. He gives you a replacement Pokemon from a selection of three winter-based starters, and you begin on your quest!

NOTABLE FEATURES
    - A return to everybody's favourite region, the Septo region!
    - Some new scripts.
    - A snowy landscape (with thanks to Neti and Whack A Hack!)
    - 3 winter based starters: Jynx, Spheal and Snorunt.
    - Returning characters from Septo Conquest include: The player, Lance, Cookman, Hurel, and more!
    - New characters, including characters from our sophomore rom-hack, Lance Adventures.
    - Two special guest characters from Nintendo!
    - Unresolved plots from Septo Conquest resolved magnificently and with style!
    - And of course, lots and lots of humour!

SCREENSHOTS

The player exploring Mt. Cassius.
    Christmas Capers in Septo

A handy guide to the controls.

An old man is a bit miffed when you walk into his house unexpectedly:

The three starters:

Lance and the player preparing to go to Lance's house to get a pokemon:

Exploring Mt. Cassius, pt.2!

The player is unimpressed by his generic rival:

More to come soon!
    NOTE: This will be what we call a mini-hack, containing some new maps, some remodified maps, approx. 3 gyms, the Elite 4, and one devilishly difficult sidequest.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I advise you to use Neti's snow ROM base, because this is not completely a snow one. It's our choice. Good luck on this.

Years
  • I advise you to use Neti's snow ROM base, because this is not completely a snow one. It's our choice. Good luck on this.

Neti's snow rom base is not completely done, It is a great rombase, but unless you change a few things you can't use the gym or the lab.

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • I advise you to use Neti's snow ROM base, because this is not completely a snow one. It's our choice. Good luck on this.

This snow base is quite snowy, so it's good enough, really. We're not fussy.

In which way does Spheal looks like Dr. Eggman? 0_0

It's later evolutions, Walrien and.... something which I can't quite remember off the top of my head right now, do look like Dr. Eggman. So that's where that line comes from.

Anyways, update, people!
    This update will focus on the completion of each area so far:
    Lenna Retreat (the starting location): 100%
    Mt. Cassius (a massive mountain): 70% (Mt. Cassius is a gargantuan place and is probably the biggest place on the hack, so it's taking some time.)
    Rikku Village (a small village with lots of monsoon seasons): 40% (We need to script it, PET it and write the speech)
    Route 6A (a route connecting Necron City and Rikku Village): 33%

More news to come later! We're hoping to get this mini-hack done by Christmas. Or else we'd have to wait til Christmas '09 to release it ;)

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • A little news update for ya:

Necron City is 50% done. It's the biggest city in the game. As this is a direct sequel to Septo Conquest, I thought I'd show you the before and after of Necron City:

This is what it looked like in Septo Conquest:

And this is what it looks like one year on in Christmas Capers in Septo:

Tally ho for now.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • A little news update for ya:

Necron City is 50% done. It's the biggest city in the game. As this is a direct sequel to Septo Conquest, I thought I'd show you the before and after of Necron City:

This is what it looked like in Septo Conquest:

And this is what it looks like one year on in Christmas Capers in Septo:

Tally ho for now.
    Nice maps, but is there a way you could make those wooden bridge tiles snowy?

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Unfortunately, we have some bad news:

Progress on this hack has been slow, and (as it's Christmas now) we have decided to postpone the hack until Christmas 2009. Because of this, we are going to PM the moderators and move it to the Hack Graveyard, where it can be resurrected nearer the time. This will give us more time to develop the story, and hopefully produce a good hack. Also, this would make more sense LOGICALLY. We hope you all understand this, and realise that we will be putting our time and effort back into Lance Adventures in the new year.

THANKS A LOT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back