• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas. Love it or hate it?

Love it or Hate it

• I love Christmas.

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • I hate Christmas.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm okay with Christmas.

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
  • Simple question. When it comes to Christmas, I am cool.

But there's so much that I just hate now. I hate that it's become such a commercial abomination in our hands, and that it's become a guilt trip in every family. I like that it's a time of peace and time of family and stuff.......but America has effectivly killed it almost.....

Years
  • I love Christmas. After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Yes, it's true that Christmas these days is a ridiculously commercialized holiday, but there's so many things I love about it! Communities across the country world get together to decorate their houses, parks, and buildings. Many people even tend to be more polite, helpful, and generous during the holidays. It's nice to see everyone being nicer to each other for a change. I love getting to finally spend time with my family, and to partake in the little traditions we've had for so long. I have so many great memories with this holiday.

Christmas really is a great time, you just need to look at it with the right attitude. ;)

Years
  • What could be the possible reason why someone would hate Christmas? Unless you're Scrooge.

I love Christmas! ^_^ The primary reason being that it is a time for the entire family to get together. :D

Years
  • I think it is hard for someone to hate Christmas, except if they have a real reason or they are just trying to be different.

I am ok with Christmas, don't love it, don't it. I enjoy the holiday for what it is. Family & friends getting together and enjoying themselves.
    I did use to love Christmas, but now I more watch what happens, then get involved.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm with the majority; I love Christmas because of the gifts that I get. It's hard to hate on it, as mentioned above.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I mainly love Christmas because of the fact that I get to be with my family members. This is usually the holiday I actually get to see my cousins who are in different states in the US.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Mostly I love Christmas really, I don't think I've met anyone who hates Christmas and if they do there is probably a reason or they just like to be different, I guess. But I personally love it but hate it in a sense. Christmas everyone's getting presents and such and I just find the presents, cards and other traditions boring but also, I think instead of focusing on Christmas I'm too busy focusing on what I'm doing for my birthday three days afterwards so I'd rather enjoy my birthday more than Christmas. But Christmas is a wonderful time to be in all the same, my favourite holiday actually, even with my birthday near by. Everyone seems so nice (Unless it's Christmas sale time at the shops then it's chaos...), jolly and having fun giving out their presents, cards and doing other things, and I think that's why I like it the most.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Love-hate relationship with that one.

I love the Christmas feeling, but I don't really enjoy Christmas day.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I love Christmas. No school, you hang out with your family, in the winter when it snows, and you get presents. It's nice to have fun with each other, and all that.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Christmas isn't about presents, it's about the birth of Christ, and the time you spend with your family. It's not about being out of school, or it snowing. It takes true spirit and wiseness to know what Christmas REALLY means.

But I do enjoy Christmas!

I'm Christian (or like to think I am) and agree with you. I am not always a fan of what it's become. Christmas is so broad now....it's almost meaningless. Awesome username BTW.

Years
  • Whether or not the meaning of Christmas is forgotten, I find it hard for anyone to hate Christmas. Some people that are of a different religion occasionally celebrate Christmas, but even if they don't, they shouldn't have any reason to hate it.

I personally love Christmas, because I get to spend time with my family, have some time off, and open a couple of presents.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    If it wasn't for the advertisement part of Christmas, I probably owuld treat like Valentine's Day or Easter, just any other normal day.

I know it's suppsoed to be about the birth of Christ, but I just love the gifts I get. ^^

Back