• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas. Love it or hate it?

Love it or Hate it

• I love Christmas.

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • I hate Christmas.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm okay with Christmas.

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
  • I love Christmas, and I can honestly say it's not because of the presents (I don't even get too much, I don't have like any family living nearby), I just like the overall feeling of it. Everything just feels warm, cozy, and jolly. It's just that time to watch cheesy holiday movies under a blanket on the couch, sipping hot chocolate with family and friends. Know what I mean?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't care at all that Christmas has become materialistic. That's probably partially because I love presents (not that I know what to even ask for these last few years), but I honestly don't notice the commercialization that much. I guess it's 'cause I only go to the mall for things I need (so I don't get side-tracked), I don't watch TV (no commercials), etc.

My family celebrates Christmas the way we always have and it's that that I look forward to, though if I'd told my 10 year old self that I probably would have thought I was crazy. ("You don't want any presents? Just to spend time with your family? wtf!?" haha.) I guess living away from home most of the year has made me appreciate the time when my whole family is together. :)

And tbh, I'm pretty sure Christmas has always been this commercialized (for those of us posting here, we're not that old). We just never noticed as kids.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I adore Christmas. I love the lights and the cold weather and bundling up and cocoa. I love the irony of seeing my Christmas tree on the porch with the pool right behind it. I love Christmas dinner and all the aromas that come with it. I love the day after, when my dad's side of the family gets together and it's just seventeen people laughing and enjoying each others company and eating and opening gifts (with eight kids, gift-opening is never boring).

It's wonderful - I don't consider myself a sap in the least, but Christmas just gives me those warm and fuzzy feelings. ^^

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
  • LOLing at all the people saying "COMMERCIAL HOLIDAY, I HATE IT". Of course it's a commercial holiday, anything that will give stores profit will be considered as one. ;o
    Anyways, I enjoy Christmas for the presents and food. X)

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    How can anyone hate Xmas? You get to see your family and you get presents!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I voted I'm okay with it, but I'm more on the liking side. I like presents. Yes, that's bad, but I'll admit it. =P

I haven't been able to find a job, so Christmas is pretty much the one time of the year I get anything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's all right. I really don't get into the "spirit" like I used to and the weather is horrendous, but the lights are pretty and I usually make a profit that day, so I really can't complain.

Back