• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chronic illness

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
  • I have generalized anxiety disorder. Been disgnosed by a psychiatrist when I was around ten. Then I got diagnosed with clinical depression at the age of 13 which is fun. I don't really have to worry about my depression but my GAD constantly kicks my butt.

Years
  • God where should I begin...

Physically I'm currently suffering from a chronic undiagnosed illness that effects my digestive system. I've had it for about ten months now and it's basically preventing me from leaving the house because I always feel like crap. At its worst my intestines basically stopped working completely. I also suffer from asthma and sinus issues but so does half the population.

Psychologically I've got autism, anxiety and depression (yay). They've created some struggles growing up for sure but I've been lucky to have a great parent and good friends who can help me deal with shit. I was briefly medicated for the latter two, but the drugs actually made everything worse as well as exacerbated my physical illness.

I guess I'll live though!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 15.

Growing up with it's been pretty shite honestly - my parents have never been that supportive and it made school unbearable a lot of the time. My siblings have always been there for me though, especially through my really low points, so I really do have a lot to be thankful for...it honestly upsets me that some people don't have any emotional support.

I eventually learned to live with it - I found that ambient, instrumental and just mellow music in general helps with my hallucinations and paranoia, and painting calms me down after a particularly bad episode.

Medication's a bit iffy for me since I've had acute dissociative episodes, so I have no idea how any antipsychotics I take will actually affect me. I also get ridiculously nauseous and drowsy when taking them, so sometimes I wonder if I'm just better off without them.

btw, to everyone who's posted - you're all amazing and I love you etc <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Without getting into detail on how bad it can be, I have eczema. Fortunately it's not as bad as it used to be, but I have to go to the hospital three times a week to get it treated which is a pain lol.

The Den

Dark Mystery
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    If mental health counts, I have chronic insomnia. It's more annoying than anything, and the medicines they give you make you all fuzzy when you wake up.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Talk to your family, and if you have access talk to a doctor about how you're feeling.

This is quite a late reply, but obviously you haven't seen my post on "How healthy is your relationship with your parents?"

Back