• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chronicles of the Pokemorphs (Alpha) (PG-15) (Take 2) OOC Thread

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
  • Its alright. Thanks! >w<
    Now uhh, could someone fill me in on what's exactly going on so far and where exactly is everyone at?
    *is too lazy to read thread* >_>;;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Well, this sure looks like an interesting RP! I've sprited some PokeMorphs before, and I would think roleplaying one would be pretty interesting. And, from the looks of what I've seen in the roleplay so far, it'll be pretty fun! Although, I'm currently in the RP "This is War", so I'll need a bit of time to think. Would I be able to reserve a spot in the "Rebellion" side? Thank you! ^^

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • No, not at all. I just didn't feel like talking today. Not in a bad mood, I just don't feel like talking. That, and I don't feel like summarizing it, but I guess I must.

The rebels took over Goldenrod City, and the sympathisers, sans Ashley, who decided to stay behind and help out the humans, and investigate a crash, are in the Goldenrod Underground. (I'm waiting for the others to respond, because I'd like to know where I'm going). While David gets flown back, having declared a war against many nations. Meanwhile, two people in Tin Tower, codenamed W and D, have been toying with the weather, which will have an effect really soon, and D came down and killed Sirius to offer him a deal.

So yeah, this part really needs to have the sympathizers post, so I know what to post, so I can't post just yet, since I basically promised no W and D posts, and a David post would be pointless, since he's still flying home. Basically, I have to wait another arc before I can post as him again, because despite currently being the 'main villain' for the sympathizers for now, he isn't important right now.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I probably could have done a better job with the Personality and RP Sample, but I wanted to get it done tonight.

Name: Garrett Anders (Terror)

Sex: Male

Species: Scyther

Powers: Garrett's abilities aren't those one would expect in a Pokemorph. Rather than using the established abilities of Pokemon, as most Pokemorphs are inclined towards, Garrett follows his instincts and doesn't label them with anything. Though the abilities most often used by Garrett have much in common with the "Fury Cutter" and "Slash" abilities.

He can also move faster than the majority humans with no Pokemon features, though not by a significant amount.

Appearance: With but a cursory glance one would assume that Garrett was but an average human. He is slightly taller than average, and from his sunken cheeks gives the appearance of emaciation, though he hides under a tattered cloak made from a blanket he used as a child. Garrett has black hair which he keeps relatively short and green eyes which are quite deeply set into his face, making it difficult to see their color.

Garrett has discovered many techniques to hide his Pokemon features over the years, and uses them quite readily to blend in better with the general populace. One of these techniques is to cut his hair in such a way as to hide the three bony ridges which extend from his skull. Another is wearing his cloak whenever he can. This hides his odd body shape from view; while his chest and upper arms are fairly thick and muscular, his joints and waist all taper off to thin structures. This cloak also serves to hide his stunted wings - which jut out half a meter from his shoulder blades - that fold up against his back.

The feature that most associate with Scyther most often are apparently missing from Garrett's physiology. Though this is because his forearms have a unique structure. The radius and the ulna (arm bones) have fused and form an odd exoskeleton beneath the skin, which only are built in an almost semi-circular shape. This leaves the anterior (bottom) side of the arm free to house the bone-like blades, which are controlled by a strange muscular mechanism which allow Garret to force the blades out of the arm, and upwards, forcing them just past his hands, giving him greater control of them.

In order to facilitate this mechanism, Garrett has cauterized the wound resulting from the blade pushing out of the skin open. This allows the blades to escape much more easily, and reduces injury to himself. To protect the interior of his forearms Garrett wears gloves which he's modified to include a slit which allows the blade to escape, and helps to hold the wound together, so it doesn't open.

Garrett's normal attire consists of an old black jacket with no shirt, and horribly torn jeans. He also goes about shoeless for the most part.

Personality: Frankly... Garret is what many would term a psychopath.

Believing strongly in the Pokemorph cause, Garrett will do whatever is needed to achieve his goals. Whether this involves stealing documents, or killing government officials, nothing is out of bounds for him.

Despite living around humans his entire life, Garrett has come to loathe the cruelty they are so very capable of, believing Pokemorphs to be superior. Of humans, however, he hates trainers most of all. Garrett feels a certain kinship with Pokemon, and seeing them subjugated by humans enrages him to no end.

Garrett exhibits much more 'normal' behavior when in the company of fellow Pokemorphs in the Rebellion, however. During these times Garrett appears to be a polite young man who regularly voices his opinions on matters in a thoughtful manner. Very few in the Rebellion know of Garret's other side, however.

History: Garrett was born in Mahogany Town to Scizor Pokemorph researchers working for an initiative attempting to discover the source and physiology of Pokemorphs. Spending his early years living in the community for Pokemorph workers outside of Mahogany provided by the laboratory, Garrett would be considered by most to be a rather ordinary child, by both Pokemorph and human standards. This all changed when Garrett was seven, however.

While on a trip to Mahogany Town proper with his parents, Garrett's parents were shot and killed by police officers who, upon seeing the scene believed that Garrett was a human child being kidnapped by Pokemorphs - a prejudice held by many in the area. At this young age Garrett appeared even more human than he does now, which is what caused the confusion.

When the officers attempted to take Garrett away, he exploded in anger, and used his blades for the first time against them before fleeing the scene. Afterwards, Garrett was adopted by members of an extremist precursor to the current Rebellion, and was taught by them to hate humans, and everything they had put Pokemorphs through.

After the other members of this extremist faction were captured by law enforcement, Garrett was left on his own, and found his way into the current Rebellion, where he serves as their main Mahogany agent, under the code name "Terror".

RP Sample: Garrett's legs were wet.

It was a strange thing to notice at a time like this, yet Garrett could focus on little else. They were wet, and warm. That, perhaps, was what made him focus on such a small detail in such a way. He, as many children were, was quite familiar with the feeling of water or mud against his skin, yet this... this horrible warmth was so alien, and unwelcome, that he couldn't help but take notice.

He also knew that his parents were gone forever. He didn't need to see their bodies to know that they now lay motionless on the ground. Some animal instinct had been triggered moments after the dual gunshots had rung out, and there was no way he could make himself believe different now.

"You're safe now, son," a voice rasped from behind Garrett, shocking him to alertness. "We won't let those monsters get you again."

"Good thing we happened to be here, eh Clark?" a second voice from off to Garrett's left added. "If we had come by a minute later, them 'morphs would've gotten away with this little guy."

"...'morphs..." muttered Garrett, unfamiliar with the term...

"You alright, kid?" said the man who had been identified as Clark, as footsteps echoed from the man's direction.

"...'morphs..."

"I think this kid's a little addled, Ken... we might want to bring him to a doctor or somethin'..." Clark said, as he placed a hand on Garrett's shoulder. As the man's hand made contact with his shoulder Garrett tensed up suddenly in fear.

As a wind unexpectedly blasted down the street the police officer stepped back in surprise, pulling Garrett back with him by unintentionally.

"'morphs!" Garrett shouted, almost as if it were a war cry, and turned around in a flash and cried out as his forearms exploded outward as the blades burst forth. In such a rage that the pain went by unnoticed, Garrett lunged forth instinctively and slashed out with his arms, grazing both men's chests', and knocking them to the ground. Not able to control his trajectory, Garrett crashed to the ground, and his ears rang as he stood.

Gazing at what he had wrought with horror, the young boy turned from the scene and ran through the streets of Mahogany for an indeterminate amount of time. Eventually, however, he collapsed against the wall of a small building that was most likely a small store of some kind. Still bleeding from his arms quite heavily, he fell into unconsciousness fairly quickly...

Before falling under completely, however, Garret heard from nearby, "...my, my... what do we have here?"

Side: Rebellion

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Yuoaman: Nice. He sounds like an upcoming character of mine, but it's still pretty cool. Technically, they're not so much a rebellion, as much as an empire, but it's still a valid term, I guess. I like this guy, but instead of my Scyther morph, who is incredibly sexist, this one is psychotic.

Eh, I'll change Leon's species anyway, you're in as a Rebel.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • (Sign-ups are still open, right? I was interested in this, so... I hope I make it in. Oh, and I'm Australian so sometimes I spell words a little differently. "Color" gets on my nerves the same way "colour" does to you.)

Name: Natasha "Tash" Detan but calls herself Ghost sometimes.
    Sex: Female
    Species: Misdreavus
    Powers: Although she prefers to at least appear as though she's walking, Tash is able to float off the ground, both faster and less energy-wasting than going on foot. If she concentrates hard enough, she can also go through walls or avoid physical attacks. She has excellent night vision and her red necklace and bracelets can absorb a small amount of fear and convert it into energy. She can use Pain Split, Psywave, Shadow Ball, Astonish and Perish Song which forces all those who heard it including herself to temporarily fall into a comatose state.

Appearance:
    Tash is just a tad shorter than the average person and also rather skinny as well as being dismally flat in the breast area. She has locks of naturally blue-green hair with pink tips that reached just past her shoulders and seemed to move of their own accord. The irises of her eyes are red while the eye-whites have a faint yellow tinge. Her nose is small and rounded, her lips extremely thin and her face rather angular, overall creating a rather freaky effect. She also had a faintly glowing, red-beaded necklace and bracelets that were, in fact, a part of her biological makeup.

She wore a sea-green tank top that stopped short of her stomach and dark gray trousers made of thin cotton as it was easier for her to go through walls when wearing light clothing. Tash also sometimes wore a black cap to cover her hair and hide her eyes so that others would not realise that she was a Pokemorph. If she was too cold, a thin, mottled-gray jacket was donned and for footwear, she wore black sneakers. She always had a black, fingerless glove on her right hand, decorated with a deep purple ring on the back. She believed this helped her to form Shadow Balls although there was nothing remotely special about it. The only jewelery she wore apart from the necklace and bracelets was a black and dark-green stone ring she wire on the middle finger of her left hand. She also carried a small, black knapsack to keep her belongings in when they weren't needed.

Personality: Tash yearned to be apathetic to the world, to not care. Although she managed to act as though nothing that happened mattered, she still couldn't completely numb her emotions. In truth, she was cynical, weary, bitter and easily-irritated, a simmering resentment and disgust permeating her whole being. She held grudges close to her heart, feeding off them and using them as fuel to fight. It should also be noted that she could be very patient, allowing others to push her around and stoke her anger so that it burned brighter and hotter until she finally snapped.

Fighting was the only way she knew that could let out her emotions. There was so much pressure inside her that if you fed her coal, it would turn into diamonds as hard and sharp and clear as everything else. She knew, though, that if she kept going like this, burning so bright and so fast that she was scorching herself, she would eventually burn out. To hate used so much energy, was so tiring that she could only hope not to feel anything at all.

History: She had been born into an absolutely ordinary household. If she'd been fortunate enough to be a fully human child, she would have been brought up by two ordinary parents, had an older brother and younger sister to be annoyed with and would have presently been going through nothing but normal teenage angst. Unfortunately, she was a far cry from normal.

She's been born with pink hair. Her parents managed to ignore that and bring her home as every other parent had. It was when she opened her eyes that her life started spiraling down the drain. Her parents had stared in horror when they caught sight of her crimson eyes. Yet they persevered, wondering if, perhaps, she was a mutation of an albino. Her older brother, five back then, thought that she was awesome and would show all his friends who were only slightly creeped out. When the beads formed around her neck and wrists, their parents told themselves that she'd probably had her brother pick them up for her.

Her hair mostly darkened by the day, turning purple before finally becoming blue, leaving only the ends their original colour. Then, one afternoon, she learnt to float before she'd even managed to walk. Her brother was pleased, but the parents were scared out of their minds. They'd tried to catch her, but she thought it was a game and evaded them with ease. Then they started screaming at her and locked her in the house so that nobody else could see what a freak she was. They reluctantly home-schooled her although her brother would sneak some of his friends in sometimes to play with her before their parents caught him and yelled at him. The visits slowed and gradually stopped altogether.

Fueled by her loneliness, she discovered her ability to walk through walls when she was seven. She went to see her brother while he was in his bedroom. He yelled in fright, calling their parents to the room. Terrified at what they found, they coaxed their daughter to drink a cup of juice, sleeping pills and all, before carrying her unconscious form far away and dumping her in an unfamiliar town.

An orphanage picked her up and hesitatingly took care of her. Because of her strange eyes and hair, she was not fostered very often and those that did pick her out of pity soon sent her back, hysterical. She scared the other children and the social workers, causing her beads to glow and scare them even more. Fear turned to violence and cruelty until she ran away at eleven.

She fed herself by walking through walls and stealing food, money, clothing and anything else that caught her eye. It wasn't exactly hard when you could walk through walls.

RP Sample: From Pokemon Heroes: The Wrath of Jealousy

Spoiler:

Side: Rebellion

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Sweet_Dreams: I'm sorry, SUs are closed... however, I'll make an exception, as there are a couple of people who haven't posted in a good while.

(Also, I don't care about how the word is spelled. Color, or colour. Either way, as long as I can understand it, we're all cool. It doesn't make me mad. Just a note, before you assume something else about me.)

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Huh? Oh, that was a joke. Sorry if that offended you. Thank you so much for letting me join! Now I just have to figure out how the heck I'm going to enter the rp.

Oh, btw, I just realised I'd been in one of your rps before. It was a Mystery Dungeon one, I think. It's nice to see you again.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • It's okay, I didn't know whether you were serious or not, and I thought I'd state my position. There have been cases like that before where one side basically flames the other for not spelling it their way.

For everyone reading this, currently, SUs are closed until farther notice.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • That's kinda what I was trying to prevent. I know someone who was completely flamed by an American because she didn't spell colour their way. And she was kicked out of the rp for the incorrect spelling.

Anyhoo, I guess I just barely made it in out of the kindness of your heart so... I'm very eager to get in on this. It just sounds so cool.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I only have one problem with your post, but it's minor, really. Blackthorn City, at this point, is the capital of an Empire, the streets wouldn't be deserted, because it has a population of, maybe... a million or so, maybe 1.5 million at max. But really, it doesn't matter.

(Really? That's pretty stupid. You don't have to worry about that here, at least.)

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • I wrote it was empty because Kon~ wrote it was and I just went with her. Oh wait, just double-checked and she wrote the entrance was deserted (although I find that kinda weird myself). I'll edit my post, then. :)

Back