• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chubby or Skinny Pikachu?

The Better Pikachu?

• Chubby

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Skinny

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    Which is better the Chubby Pikachu design, or the Skinny Pikachu design?

Chubby (1995-2001)

Skinny (2001+)

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't really have a preference for either, but I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with the skinnier Pikachu. It looks like it's able to go much faster now than before, which makes it more of a threat overall, I'd think.

And since this is a choice A vs. choice B style poll, I'll move this thread over to Pokemon Voting Polls for you.

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Design-wise, I prefer chubby Pikachu. It looks a lot cuter. If these two went head-to-head in a battle though, the skinnier one would most likely turn out to be the victor. Due to its size and shape, it would be able to strike faster and land harder hits. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Chubby all the way! Just love the old gen I and II sprites :3 I think in the anime, the skinnier one was a bit better though. So maybe not chubby all the way ;)

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Hm... I honestly don't really have a preference, but the chubby Pikachu is the one I'm more familiar with, so I'll say chubby. (What? My first game was Yellow, which Pikachu do you think I'd be familiar with?! XD)

DarkCloud1267

Master Trainer
    Years
    Hmmmm.....while i love the fatter version for nostalgic reasons i gotta go with skinny. The skinner version just seems so much more nimble and quick making it a more fearsom opponent. just look at how athletic and quick ash's pikachu is these days

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I'm in favor of more realistic designs, so skinny Pikachu gets my vote; Chubby Pikachu looks like it's painted out of an egg, while Skinny looks more like a mouse than an egg.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
    I love chunky pika's sprites. Too adorable. The slimmer one works I guess due to how quick it's supposed to be opposed to Raichu who is chubbier

Sirfetch’d

Chubby for nostalgia purposes :D I just think it's so cute and huggable :3 I want to give it one right now!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    I like chubby Pikachu, I don't know why. I sort of liked it the most during the GS period of the anime where it seemed a little slimmer than Gen I, but still very chubby.

Years
    Pikachu looks fast, and being chubby doesn't fit it.
    My vote goes to skinny Pikachu, it looks better anyway.

Inb4 chubby looks way cuter.

Back