• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Circuit City is shutting down

Years
    Best Buy has even less competition now. As if it wasn't already bad enough there.

I'm going to Circuit City later today, so hopefully there'll be some deals on stuff (specifically DS games). The one by where I live closes in March, so I'll have to keep checking back to see how low the prices go. Hopefully by that time stuff goes on sale by even more than 30% off.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Well, there is GAME....and Gamestation...they're both pretty big chains. In fact, I live in the middle of freakin' nowhere (i.e. West Midlands) and I can get to three different GAME or gamestation shops in just fifteen minutes drive.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Woolworths have shut down in the UK, and that's just really sad :( 75 years it had been around, apparently. And Zavvi's in administration, I don't know if they're actually shutting down though.

Well, there is GAME....and Gamestation...they're both pretty big chains. In fact, I live in the middle of freakin' nowhere (i.e. West Midlands) and I can get to three different GAME or gamestation shops in just fifteen minutes drive.

Heh, the only GAME's or Gamestation's near me are in town so I have to go by bus. Which means I'll never know how long exactly it takes to get there XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Belive it or not, im very sad. I got my first PKMN game from there. FireRed. Circut City. you had great times. But all must end. Goodbye.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, it was going down in profit, the one here was already shutting down due to losing to Best Buy. Same as Walden Bookstore losing to Barnes 'n Nobles Bookstore. D: They also had good deals there, too, where I got some of my games, and school supplies. D;

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Rather this than a Congressional meeting about how Circuit City is vital to the American economy, BAILOUT!

But uh I guess it's always bad when stuff closes, since as somebody already mentioned, Best Buy sucks =/

But at least there's no bailout?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Woolworths have shut down in the UK, and that's just really sad :( 75 years it had been around, apparently. And Zavvi's in administration, I don't know if they're actually shutting down though.
    I have never been in a Zavvi... Never sen one, actually. They used to be a Virgin store, right? I never noticed them change...
    This can only mean bad things. I thought Circuit City was pretty big. I mean, no one really noticed Woolworths unless they were 7, and it was pocket money day. But this is getting progressively worse and worse. There is only one solution - We need to get a cheaper alternative fuel. At these rates, I suggest liquid gold! *badoom chh*

Years
    Rather this than a Congressional meeting about how Circuit City is vital to the American economy, BAILOUT!

But uh I guess it's always bad when stuff closes, since as somebody already mentioned, Best Buy sucks =/

But at least there's no bailout?

LOL, referring to TARP eh? and the Fed Car bailout?
    But I think no bailout... :<
    I loved window shopping in Circuit City. I'll miss it. :disappoin

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Never had one, but its sad to lose a game shop...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    And I cashed in on it too~
    Got myself a new discounted router! Best Buy has much better deals than Circuit City anyway. Can't handle the competition, this is what happens.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years

How come I couldn't do that when I lived in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't really nowhere, but it might as well have been. The only store close enough to me to ride my bike to was an ice-cream shop. Which was still good, but......

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    A lot of businesses have shut down near my house, including a Circuit City that was closed about a month ago. I don't recall I ever bought much there... I remember going there to buy some head phones for my iPod and then being surprised at how ridiculously over priced they were. (seriously, wtf?)

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    How come I couldn't do that when I lived in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't really nowhere, but it might as well have been. The only store close enough to me to ride my bike to was an ice-cream shop. Which was still good, but......

Like you have an ice cream shop my nearest neibough lives about a mile away

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I say good riddance. Every time my family and I shopped there were were treated unfairly and no one ever made an effort to help us so we left every time.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I don't think I ever saw a Circit City near where I live now. Just some place that is supposed to have all the stuff Circit City and Best Buy have, just at lower prices.

Back