• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clashing Ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
"Extra! Extra! This just in! Vermillion Villa gets its first Pokemon Center! Read all about it!"

"Stupid newspaper," Scott snorted while taking a sip from the beer bottle in his hand. "Why should I give a damn if Vermillion Villa gets a Pokemon center? I couldn't care less. Oh no! We have democracies, but we can't think of anything more important than a stupid little ship-port town getting it's first Pokemon center. Ha," he said while crumpling the paper and taking the last precious sips of his beer bottle.

"Grow, Growlithe!" his perky Growlithe said from the ground. It must've known when Scott was drunk, and thought it might be able to help him. Obviously, it's naivete is showing here.

"Shut your mouth, stupid dog," Scott snarled before returning the Growlithe to it's new apricorn pokeball. The Growlithe immediately made it's way out.

"Damn that Kurtis, selling me a faulty pokeball. Last time I get from him," he said.

"Hey," said a voice from behind him.

Scott reluctantly cocked his head sideways to see a boy, who couldn't be much older than 15, standing behind him with a beginners belt around his waist.

"What," Scott retorted. "I'm busy, what do you want?"

"I can see that," he muttered slyly under his breathe. "Your Aunt Cherie told me you might be here."

"She don't know nothing," Scott said. "And if she told you to come here to 'battle' me, then you got something else coming for ya'."

"I didn't come here to battle you, I just came here to give you this," he said while handing him a small envelope.

Scott went to open the envelope without another question, only to find it was already opened.

"Sh-she, already opened it?" he questioned.

"I suppose so, it was opened when I found it. Listen, I gotta jet, and uh, sorry," he said disdainfully.

"For what?"

"You'll see."

Scott quickly took the letter out of the envelope, hopefully this was what he was hoping for. His acceptance letter into the college of his dreams, where he could travel to Athens. He opened the letter to see the deadly sentence.

"We apologize, but we cannot accept you into our school."

Scott tore the letter up, and went to go spend his last bits of money on alcohol. That is, until his eyes met a strange artifact.

'What could that be?' he thought. He ran over to the rock, only to find a surprise.

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
{...Eh... I guess sign-ups are closed...? Such a shame, this looks amazing. I wish you luck!}

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
No, no, there's always room for some more. Especially for someone who loves Zubat *v*. Just post your sign up in the OoC if you want to join. :> *Post to come forthwith*

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
If there was one thing Rusty disliked, it was spending time with her Mother.
They sat at the shiny new kitchen table, steaming mugs of tea in hand, both heads bowed towards the table. This was where their similarities ended, for Rusty – blonde-headed and cherubic – was gazing sourly at the pokeballs resting on the table, while her mother – with her mean, hawkish nose and greedy little eyes – was scouring a magazine intently. She turned the pages so aggressively the room seem to ring with the sound.

Rusty had paid for all this, of course – the new fridge-freezer, the plasma screen, even the new leather settee. Her modelling money that had bought all this – even the cutlery had been paid for by her advertisements in 'Teen Today', or 'Home and Garden'. Perhaps that was what annoyed her so much; this house had been furnished by Rachel Woods, the model – not Rusty, the trainer.

Her mother glanced to her daughter.
"Something wrong?" she asked haughtily.

"No, Mum," was the dutiful reply.

"Yes there is," the woman replied, holding up the magazine so Rusty came face to face with a photo of herself, pouting in a yellow bikini, "LOOK at this photo. It's awful, Rusty. Look at your STOMACH." Rusty looked. She personally felt she looked fine. Well, she actually looked slammin', but Rusty always liked to preserve a bit of modesty. "If we're going to get new work for you, we're going to have to go back to Goldenrod and get you on more shoots. We'll go next week, your agent's been nagging me for ages, and as you're finally back from your pokemon jaunts-"

"MUM," Rusty snapped suddenly, "I've been WORKING. I've earnt a fortune from battling, you know, you can live on some of that! Battling's my job now-"

"But modelling is what you're good at, RACHEL. And next week I've booked a shoot, and we're going-"

While her mother rambled on about tan lines and hair extensions, Rusty felt herself sad. This was why she hated coming home. She snatched her balls from the table.

"I'm going out, Mum," she said quietly. "I'll be back by tea."

Her mother rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. But can you take some of your pokemon junk and sell it? Please? It's taking up valuable space." Her mother got up, and picked up a box from the floor. It was full of spare potions and antidotes. What caught Rusty's eye, however, was a package wrapped in brown paper on the top. She picked it up tentatively. Twist had been holding this, all those years ago.... she recognised it instantly. Had she never opened it?

Rusty walked out the door and slumped against the wall in the foyer. Oh, she was so tired of her mother. Tired of fighting with her, all the time. It was her advocation versus her vocation, all the damn time! She considered the package, opening it with care.
Inside was a tiny stone togepi, cut from some sort of jade. It was beautiful. Exquisite. And probably worth a bomb! Maybe she could sell it, get some instant cash, and get her mother off her back....? She picked it up between her thumb and forefinger, and held it up to examine it. Light shone through it, and for a moment Rusty was blinded. She squeezed her eyes shut – and opened them, to find herself in somewhere quite different. A forest. A silent, sprawling, untouched forest.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
"Uwah! Don't do that!"

Watching her neighbour's five-year-old daughter swinging a giant cicada (ie. Shedinja) net over her Pokemon, Fuuka couldn't help but shout out in surprise, especially since the Bidoof had been hard at work helping her clean up the garden. Apparently, her neighbour couldn't distinguish the difference between a two centimeter long bug and a 44 pound beaver who was scurrying around sweeping up leaves with his tail. The most distressing part about it was that she had named her Pokemon partner after her neighbours, so the fact that the girl could forget so easily irked her.

"Y-Yotsuba, don't hurt Koiwai please..." she pleaded, two seconds too late as her green-haired neighbour finally caught the poor beaver before looking up in surprise at the girl's statement.

"This isn't daddy," she started innocently, looking back and forth between her and the Pokemon.

"U-Uh...that's right, it's not," Fuuka continued warily, unsure about how to handle the situation, considering she had never met anyone who could mistake a Pokemon for their own father, "but his name is Koiwai too, remember?"

The quadruple pigtailed girl continued to stare down the caught Bidoof for a few moments before finally lifting the net. Breathing a sigh of relief, Fuuka gave her neighbour an approving smile before ushering her Pokemon partner to be on his way before the girl changed her mind.

"I'll let daddy go," Yotsuba piped with a wide grin.

"G-Good..." the older teen replied, still off put by the girl's oblivious nature, "it's almost lunch time Yotsuba, how about we go back and have something to eat?"

"Yup! I'm hungry, let's go!" the five-year-old cheered before marching off almost robotically towards the house.

Drawing in a slow breath, Fuuka closed her eyes to take in the sudden serenity and peace that was now settling around her. Feeling the cool breeze wash over her as she stood in the shade of an uprising tree, the reality of the situation soon sunk in. In this time and place, and despite any trouble her neighbours, family or friends might cause, she was just happy. Living here peacefully was where she wanted to be and where she wanted to stay but unfortunately, such times were quickly coming to an end...but in all actuality, they already had.

It was faint but she was certain she had just heard a noise within the depths of the forest behind the house. Like many farms around these parts, much of the land encompassing the house belonged to a single family, and in this case, the grounds to which she was now standing upon belonged to her own; the Ayase family. And as such, beyond the casually marked boundaries of her family's homestead and garden, there thrived a dense and thriving forest, home to many wild Pokemon. It was somewhere in there that she had heard the distinct sounds of an approaching intruder.

Heaving another sigh, Fuuka readied herself with her beaver partner to ward off any straggling Pokemon that might disturb her home. It was routine that some wild Pokemon would find their way onto Ayase Farm for a free meal but it was also her job to stop them.

"Come on Koiwai," she ushered, swiftly making her way into the heavy shrub of the forest without much hesitation, "it's probably just some wild Poochyena, nothing you can't handle right?"

Her Bidoof partner grunted in reply, acknowledging his trainer's words with steady determination. Fortunately, the beaver wasn't all just bark and no bite, he was more than capable of handling a few wild invalids any day. But what they were about to discover was something neither of them could have anticipated, something almost out-of-this-world, or time for a better word.

Breaking into the clearing, it became quite clear what the source of the noise was and to Fuuka and Koiwai's surprise, it wasn't a Pokemon.

"W-Who's that?!" the teen stammered in disbelief, falling back as she eyed a quite heavily dressed man standing before her.

With a leather vest, shoulder plates, big black boots and a whirling green scarf, the teen looked extremely out of place, especially in the middle of a dense creeping forest at the back of Ayase Farm. But before she could even move or comprehend who the young man was, another person suddenly appeared as if she had fallen right out of the sky, and like the first was quite different, specifically in appearance. White trousers, a yellow and white striped tank-top and a pair of flip-flops covered her curved frame, such an attire Fuuka could actually relate to, albeit being a little ahead of her time. And then, as if on cue, a third person arrived, appearing just like the second one had done, conjured out of nothingness. This one, appearing in a more stylised and compact assortment of clothes, including a black pink-hearted hat, an orange undershirt and overall button-down tee, a pair of jeans and shoes she couldn't even comprehend the design of, stood the closest to where she had now fallen to the ground.

Eyes wide and jaw dropped, Fuuka could only stutter as she watched the three intruders stand before her, somewhat entranced by their surroundings. Unable to comprehend the magnitude of the situation let alone if she was dreaming or not, the teen remained rooted on the ground, Koiwai standing idly next to her, an expression of similar surprise gracing his beaver features.

"W-Who are you people...?"

OOC: Didn't know if Scott had warped yet so I just left him out. xP Also, Fuuka's appearance is way off in accordance to her time, as Jim pointed out before and which I've yet to edit, so just assume what you believe to be a suitable distant-past attire. Alternatively, just refer to her as Bidoof-girl until I can edit it. Gomen in advance. ><

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
Rusty blinked. No, the forest wasn't empty... to her left, was a boy dressed in odd, medieval attire, with shoulder plates and a vest and a dashing scarf. Then there was someone else, in a black hat with a pink hat. Oh, and a girl, a strange girl, rushing towards them all dressed just as oddly as the others, and with a bidoof by her feet. Who on earth trained a bidoof?

For a moment, Rusty just stared. But, she'd been asked her name. Rusty's manners had been drilled into her years ago, and even now she couldn't help uttering, "I'm Rachel Woods. Rusty, if you please."

She stepped backwards, but twigs crunched under her feet. She jumped in shock; Rusty wasn't used to greenery, not like this. She scrabbled for her pokeballs, releasing the catch on one.
A togetic appeared in a flash of light. She glanced from Rusty, to the others, to Rusty again, and immediately fluttered to hide behind her trainer's head.
"Priiiiiiii?" she squeaked, which roughly translated to, "what on earth...?"

Inwardly Rusty cursed herself. She'd meant to send out Lennon; the Alakazam always made a menacing first impression, shaking his massive fists. Twist the togetic, on the other hand, merely looked adorable.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
OoC: Aw, Phanums you were right, Scott didn't warp yet. I'll make this entry short-ish to get "up to par".

IC:

He ran up to the artifact object and gawked at it. It was a huge boulder-like object, and it amazed him. He saw some writing on the side of it, but it was covered in dust.

"Hm, what's this?" he said out loud.

He reached over to dust the dust off, and a flash of light appeared before him. It felt like he was spiraling through space for hours, even though he wasn't in space, and it only lasted a few seconds.

"Wh-what's going on?!" he exclaimed as loud as he could.

Then everything went clear. The dizziness went away, and the sensation of spiraling completely dissolved. He was surrounded by a lot of shrubbery, and in the distance he heard a voice.

"W-Who are you people...?" the mysterious voice said.

Scott ran as fast as he could, it seemed as if the voyage had gotten rid of the intoxication. He ran up and saw four figures there, all dressed stylishly.

He ran up and saw four people standing there; two girls and two guys. The first guy looked much like a solider, with an outfit of blue and very broad shoulders, protected by what looked like a metal plate.

The second guy looked futuristic, like nothing he'd ever seen before. He was wearing an odd color of jeans, and they looked like the color of night. He had a long-sleeve shirt that was white, but he had a dark-orange shirt under it.

'How out of style,' he thought to himself.

The first girl he noticed was the one who talked before. She was a very beautiful girl, and her stomach was showing, and she had a beautiful skirt on.

The other girl looked similar to the first girl, wearing a tee-shirt and white trousers, with flip-flops.

"W-whats going on here,?" he questioned the four.

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
Years
((OOC: a note; this was part of my rpg sample- and I made it that way! XP))

With the sun setting behind the trees in the clearing, and the wind blowing ever so gently, the scenery was amazing in the small clearing. In the middle of the clearing was what seemed to be a small shrine, and it was about to be disturbed. A green-white flash lit up the area, making the pokemon in or near the clearing scatter. Little did a girl, walking lost through the trees, know about what was to happen when she stepped into the clearing, when the flash blinded her. She blinked a few times, then shook her head, trying to clear her vision with no success. With nothing to do but wait, she pulled a pokeball from her belt, and released it's contents onto the grass. She couldn't see, but she knew that just in front of her was her pokemon Blitz, a fire type -- a Ninetales to be exact-- and he would protect her while she was disabled. All she could do was wait, but after what seemed like hours, and no change in her status, she decided that sleep might help, so she felt around for Blitz, and when she found him, curled up beside him, to which Blitz placed his tails over her to keep her warm.
--
When she woke up, she looked around, and realised that she could see, so she jumped up, and yelled with great enthusiasm, which startled everything in the clearing, yet again! She smiled sheepishly, then took a real look at her surroundings. The small area where she had slept was located to the southern side of what looked to be an overly-large birdhouse. With extreme caution, Liz aproached it, and silently sidled up behind it. She peered around, just to be sure that no one was near, or that nothing would attack her, she started, slowly again, towards the front of the wooden structure. When she stood in front of it, she examined the double doors that were housed tightly to the front by some rusty hinges that looked too old to have been made recently. With great care, she placed her hand on a small knob that was located in the center of the inside, vertical slat of wood, and pulled. Suprisingly, the doors opened without any sound, and what she saw next surprised her. There was an old object that looked like it would break if she touched it, but she did anyways, and when she did, a sensation hit like a thunderbolt. What felt like water at first turned to what felt like she was being stuck on a stone, and a larger, heavier stone was being slid across the top of her, like her body was trying to be in two places at once...

((OOC: this is the part where she appears in the forest with the others))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back