• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Class is boring! What do you do?

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I often find myself dosing off, I struggle to keep myself awake in class sometimes. When this happens, I start to draw in my school books (and I've been caught before XD), though I manage to hang on in there until the next ring of the bell where I can wake up fully. :3

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    When I'm bored in class, I usually doodle or read story books. If I'm REALLY sleepy, which means I didn't get enough sleep, I usually fall prey to the sleep monster. I rarely get busted though, not because I'm in the back of the class, but I usually finish my work before I sleep. The teachers have nothing to complain about that. Sometimes, I also do it in exams. Haha.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Mathematics class occupies me enough to keep me from sleeping. Same with a few other subjects. But there are some periods, I feel really sleepy ..when the teacher is giving boring lectures. I know I should be listening and all, but I just can't help it. It's even worse if I've stayed up late the previous day. I do headbangs in slow motion. no. seriously. But I try to keep myself from sleeping by doodling on rough paper, or just jotting something down. Then I just put my head down on the desk after I hear the sacred bell of relief.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties this is what I did when I was in school and now college. XD

Elementary School : Game Boy
    Middle School: Game Boy Color/Advance
    High School: Game Boy Advance/DS
    College: Game Boy and DS/DSi

Handheld video games, the greatest milestone for mankind, and a great cure for boredom. XD

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    In elementary and middle school, I used to talk a lot in class and throw stuff at the teacher to get me to leave the class. In high school, I literally always slept; the teachers wouldn't bother me; I was smart, so yeah. Now, in college, I don't feel the need to sleep in the class, maybe only in history and philosophy courses. (:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I usually do my homework in class, if at all possible. I can usually figure out things faster and easier than my teachers can explain them. Either that, or I just sit and look like I'm paying attention, so I don't get called on. (because I hate being called on. :c)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There were times when I had to fight going to sleep in class. What I do is rub my temples or ask the teacher if I can use the bathroom to help wake me up.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    WELL. Elementary and middle school, I would draw, imagine things, or spontaneously burst into "My Heart Will Go On." High school, I would either play my DS, draw, write poems (lol), write a note to my significant other, or stare at the wall and imagine Mario running along the cracks in the wall. In college...I'd get on PC or...stare at the wall. Again. lol I'm probably one of the few people that didn't text in class. I never did that, because I didn't (and still don't!) have unlimited texting.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    Well I'm a senior in AP classes, where the teachers are super chill and laid back. My calc teacher, for example, doesn't care if I blatantly text during notes. So yeah, I usually end up doing lots of random stuff in class.

Of course, there are times where I'm deathly tired and I have to fight off my drowsiness, but I just try to keep myself busy if that's the case.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    In elementary and middle school, I used to talk a lot in class and throw stuff at the teacher to get me to leave the class. In high school, I literally always slept; the teachers wouldn't bother me; I was smart, so yeah. Now, in college, I don't feel the need to sleep in the class, maybe only in history and philosophy courses. (:

I'm the exact opposite, I love paying attention in my history/philosophy courses!

I've been the same way through elementary school to now (college), I draw ALL over my notes. it's okay though because then I have to re-write my notes so they're organized and by writing them again I memorize the material more. especially in math, oh man :( sometimes if the class is THAT bad, i'll bring a book. I did that in my business law class last semester and my math class this semester.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Well Australian school students get given free laptops, and I just watch movies on them or play COD or PvZ :P I'm such a rebel.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I don't sleep in class but what I do is just stream on my laptop since my school had given us laptop for the academy. I just check on forums that I need to check on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    In a few specific classes, I fight sleep. In most classes, I'm kept busy with noticing the madness going around the class, the jokes cracked, and all that. In most classes with long lectures, I start drawing random things on the sides of the pages.

Sometimes, when I'm bored of the idea of class, I skip it in total...
    Yeah, I'm doomed to be an underachiever for life for this, but it can't be helped. I hate studying so much, I can't help it.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Generally, I end up doodling anything and everything. Even if it's an object in the room, I'll doodle it whilst writing down necessary information for the class that I've either been told or think I will need to write down. Recently in Science my bestfriend and I have been passing messages but if he's not there it's doodle or gazing around the room boredly all the way!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    In my Elementary and middle school years, it was all about passing notes. The era of texting didn't come till on my freshman year of high school. I used to text sooo much in class, even the teachers didn't notice! That's basically what I do when class gets really boring. lol

Back