• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Classic Anime OST

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, after reading Zet's blog and replaying the song, See you Space Cowboy, over and over again because of the nostalgia feeling, it's got me wondering, what are some OST/Openings/Endings that bring back memories for you?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I guess the american Pokemon and Cardcaptors openings, still know all the lyrics. Also the whole Kiki's Delivery Service OST, I had watched that film so many times and it's still one of my favourites.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The Pokemon opening (original, that is) was so widespread that nearly anyone of my age would remember it with fond memories. Other anime like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh also aired at around the same time, but I can't remember anything about them; but, to this day, there are memes on Facebook about 'catching them all' and 'Ash turning around his hat' that would unite people of all persuasions. Indeed, if I mention the phrase "I want to be the very best", then that gets the nostalgia going in me.

On a more personal note, I love love love the music from Cowboy Bebop. Love! It! All jazz-funky and cool and whatnot.

Years
  • The music to Escaflowne brings me back to the days when I first started learning about this place called Japan and the amazing things that came out of it. I can't really call it nostalgic because I've never really stopped listening to it, but if I pull out the CDs then I get all nostalgic. Same thing for Cowboy Bebop. When I hold the CDs for that I can remember how fired up I was to get all of them at any cost.

I'm sure if I heard the English opening music to Sailor Moon that would also spark some memories, but they wouldn't be nearly as good.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I always loved the OST for the old Zoids New Century Zero anime, in particular, NO FUTURE by Nanase Aikawa. Loveeedddd it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The movie version of the first Pokemon theme still gives me chills when I hear it. It just sounds so epic, even 10+ years later!

Otherwise, a lot of the CCS openings and endings get me really nostalgic. Soundtrack-wise, I caught myself listening to the BGM of Yu-Gi-Oh a few months back and I remember being really impressed with how much I remembered of the songs and how much I still liked them. :x The OPs/EDs of that get to me too.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I guess the music that brings back most Nostalgia is Tobira no Mukou e, the second FMA ending. I remember being really touched seeing how the snow melts on Ed's good hand and how it stays on his automail.

Sign of Wish and Kaze no Fuku Basho, both endings to Beyblade G-Revolution bring back that feeling of pleasant nostalgia as well, but TnMe does that even more, just because FMA is the first anime that got me into Anime after Pokémon and Beyblade. If that makes any sense.
    Of course the first Pokémon Dub Opening is like the biggest nostalgia trip ever. Every time I hear it I just /have/ to sing along. : >

Back