• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Claydol Moveset?

Source2007

Devoted Breeder
    Years
    I just recieved a claydol in a trade. Since I don't know its EV spread I'll just give you its stats:

HP 323, ATK 160, DEF 338, SP ATK 163, SP DEF 337, SPD 145

Claydol@LightClay/Leftovers
    Relaxed - Levitate
    -Cosmic Power
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Toxic

Thats its moveset right now. I was wondering if instead I should try something with power trick?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Judging by the stats, I'd assume it's level 100, or very close?

The Defenses are very good, as is the HP. But it seems like no EVs were put into Attack or Special Attack, like they should have been. In my opinion, you just can not beat a STABed Earthquake, even from a weaker attacker. With Claydol's great Defenses, you'll want Ice Beam and Earthquake/Earth Power to deal with stuff it can counter (namely Dragons and Steel Pokes like Metagross). It doesn't matter if his Special Attack is below average, Ice Beam is 4x effective on virtually every dragon, so it will do decent damage, and will be a 2-3KO, or cause a switch. And a Ground attack is 2x effective on Metagross, so if you switch Dol in on anything but a Meteor Mash, Claydol will be able to give Metagross a decent 1 on 1, or least get him down enough to be beaten by someone faster. Claydol can make a good Reflector/Light Screener also, so it's up to personal preference. But with your moveset, his only pseudo-offensive move is Toxic, so any Steel Pokemon (Metagross in particular) will be able to beat him with ease. Here's my recommended moveset, with holding Leftovers:

- Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin/Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest/Cosmic Power/Reflect/Light Screen

Some people prefer to use Earth Power instead of Earthquake, but I don't like that. Earth Power and Ice Beam will easily be walled by Blissey, while Earthquake will do decent damage, and make her think twice about switching into you. This especially holds true since both his attacking stats have the same base. Ice Beam is standard, for Dragons like Garchomp and Salamence, who Claydol walls unless they've packed a Swords Dance or Dragon Dance down, and Earthquake for STAB and great coverage.

Rapid Spin is also usually standard, but not every team needs a Rapid Spinner. It just helps, and Claydol has the Defenses to pull it off well. And Rest is simply to keep him alive, and works great with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell support. A few Cosmic Powers will make him very hard to take down, but will make him difficult to actually keep alive. So use it with caution if you go with it!

ShadowLucario

Shadow Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2008
    i would maybe go with something like this.
    Claydol@leftovers
    252 HP / 128 spdef / 128 def
    Cosmic Power
    Land Power
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam

thats somethign you could try

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i hate to tell you, but the stats on your claydol is hacked.

MAX HP=324... your claydol has 323. that would mean it has at least 248 EVs in hp

MAX DEF(beneficial nature)=339...your claydol has 338. that would mean, again, it has at least 248 EVs in defense

MAX SP DEF(nuetral nature)=339...your claydol has 337. that would mean it has at least 244 EVs in sp defense.

so, 248 + 248 + 244 = 740 EVs. the limit is 510.

whoever traded you this claydol hacked for it and probably thought that if they made the stats one or two points below the max, no one would notice. not very smart.

Back