• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clemont?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Okay, time for a bit of a history lesson. When Brock joined Ash, he preferred Pokemon breeding, and wanted to become a the top Pokemon Breeder. When Tracey was with him, he wanted to become the top Pokemon Watcher. Cilan was a Pokemon Connoisseur. Now, this has always bothered me... just what exactly is Clemont? I he just a Pokemon Inventor, or is he just a Gym Leader on break? All the other one of Ash's travel companions have a goal of some kind, but Clemont doesn't seem to have one. While we're at it: What do you think of Clemont?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I only just realised that Clemont never mentioned what his goal is unlike Ash's other companions. Near the end of Ash's Kalos journey, I bet Clemont will decide on what he wants to do like when Brock decided he wanted to be a Pokemon doctor at the end of Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I believe Clemont's reason to join Ash was to become better Gym Leader and trainer by exploring Ash's battle style. I know it wasn't ever explained clearly, but for me, it was made quite obvious when he left the others to train for the upcoming Gym Battle with Ash. I think that is his goal now, but I may be wrong.
    And what I think of Clemont? I think he is the best male Gym Leader character in the Anime yet. Be honest, for most of their stay in the Anime, Brock and Cilan were just there. The same, fortunately, is not true for Clemont. Also, his chemistry with Ash is the best from those three, mostly thanks to there being some sort of small rivalry there.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I thought Clemont's goal was already explained at the Clembot episode? He left his gym because he wanted to learn more about Electric-types.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The future is now thanks to science!

I call it the "Answerbot 5000". Simply input the question, and you'll get an answer! So let's see... "What goal does Clemont have?".

Uh, oh, WHOA *boom*.

Guess we'll never know.

kartöflur

actual potato
    Years
  • Clemont admires Ash's selfless, dedicated personality. By joining Ash's journey around Kalos, he hopes that he too will learn to become more like Ash. ("I'll grow with you!") In addition to that, he does want to be a better trainer and inventor. There's also that Clemont and Bonnie don't have as many friends (thus being closer than usual siblings, Meyer a little surprised that they made friends), and since Ash and Serena became their friends, they wanted to go along with them.

Back