• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Cloche's Star Garden

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
So I have been into art for quite some time. It all started when I watched Sailor Moon as a child and my artistic experience has only grown from there

Pixel Art

** All Pixel art is done in MSPaint, except for making them transparent **

pKe9RFl.png

Natsume from Pokémon FR/LG R/G/B Edited from a Sailor Moon: Another Story Sprite that was modded into a base by my good friend, Chronomorphisis of Azha, a now defunct site. Had these bases on my hard drive since 2005 lol.

Something I did for a Sailor Moon forum event. A cherry blossom and it's petals. Complete from scratch
wkhGsGc.png
8SszQ5f.png
0x25ZAa.png
Jcu1yMQ.png
wObfO3Q.png
PldYcZF.png

The Inner Senshi Crystal Change Rod toppers from Sailor Moon SuperS Done entirely from scratch
rads2YN.png

Sailor Moon and Inner Senshi Bows, done from scratch
6qxln5G.png

My friend's Final Fantasy Caracther, Cae.
mLJL2mp.png

First two sprites are Edited from the game Sailor Moon: Another Story, and the last 2 are from the same game but made into bases with a more user friendly skin pallete by my longtime good friend Mirelei

Digital Media

Spoiler:

My Sailor Breksta done in MSpaint, originally a sketch that can be found looking rough here

Traditonal Media
My original Sailor Moon Carachter, Sailor Fire Crystal, done in Ohuhu Markers
Spoiler:

SHINee's Minho from 1 of 1. This is literally the 2nd male I've ever really done.
Ohuhu Marker // Sakura Micron
Spoiler:

A mermaid I sketched out and have named "Water Lilly"
Done in Sakura Micron

Spoiler:

Gardevoir preforming Magical Leaf Sketch Done in Sakura Micron
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Very interesting! I'm glad to see more digital art making its way into the Art Studio!

Your pixel art is pretty cute, but I believe overall working on your artistry in general will improve both your traditional/digital art and most other artistic ventures. My biggest question is whether or not you're using references, because looking at the faces of all your characters I feel comfortable in saying that you don't (at least not for anatomy). Which is totally fine! You're in that interesting period in your artistic skill where you're clearly talented and sometimes breaking away from references can be a good way to strengthen your individual style. I'm going to remind you that all artists, no matter the style or skill, use references! :)

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Very interesting! I'm glad to see more digital art making its way into the Art Studio!

Your pixel art is pretty cute, but I believe overall working on your artistry in general will improve both your traditional/digital art and most other artistic ventures. My biggest question is whether or not you're using references, because looking at the faces of all your characters I feel comfortable in saying that you don't (at least not for anatomy). Which is totally fine! You're in that interesting period in your artistic skill where you're clearly talented and sometimes breaking away from references can be a good way to strengthen your individual style. I'm going to remind you that all artists, no matter the style or skill, use references! :)

Thank you for your critique! I have abandoned a lot of my traditional artistry for objectified pixel art and digital art.

I sometimes do look at references of real life, but am currently trying to find my 'style' if you will. After having children I didn't do anything artistic for almost 2 years, so I had to re-learn a ton of things. I'm still trying to find myself and what I am in an artists sense, since Sailor Moon was one of my biggest influencers, I feel rather 'stuck' so to speak. I want to break free. I keep on finding myself going back to the extreme 'shojou' style of Sailor Moon. I think what I can do for now, is keep practicing using real life models instead of from an anime standpoint. I am completely self taught. I have had no classes, let alone looked at an anatomy book. I have thought about just taking a local class in figure drawing. Since I know in the artist field, that's what I lack the most in.

I really do appreciate every single point you have made, as these things can only help one grow. <3

Back