• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning with AR = Hacking?

Is cloning with an Action Replay 'Hacking'?

• Yes,you shouldn't use a cheating device to do anything.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No,cloning is just a way to help players.It doesn't matter what you clone with.

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    AR cloning is a quicker way to clone yes, but it is still cheating and a way to help players win. I don't like it and a few people on here don't either I don't think.
    How does a Pokémon cloned with an Action Replay help a player win any more than one cloned through the GTS glitch?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    No I meant actual cheating not cloning cheating. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    Any change in the game data, even the slightest, done by a cheating device is considered hacking. I used to reject anything cloned with AR simply because I hated, hate and will always hate hacking. But then I decided to accept them for 2 reasons:
    -Classic Ribbon events can only be cloned with a cheating device.
    -Just as there's no way to tell apart the clone from the original, there's no way to tell apart the AR clone from the GTS clone.
    There's just no way to tell how many of my shinies were AR cloned so I decided to give up in my hate toward AR clones and simply accept them as long as they're legit.
    Of course I'll always use the traditional GTS cloning but AR clones are OK with me.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    I guess I'm going to be the extreme minority here. AR cloning or GTS cloning, either way it's obtaining a pokemon and/or item that was not obtained under legitamite, intended conditions. I'd rather work hard to obtain everything the way it was meant to be obtained. It becomes a challenge that way. It's possible to do. Even if it means finding a way to go to events or wait eagerly for that legendary pokemon to be released. It will mean more to me when I complete my pokedex once and for all.

I think the issue is that Americans are not the target audience for these games. It is an American ideal that we must take shortcuts to get the things we want. (Lord knows I take my share of shortcuts with things, so I include myself in that statement.) I don't think Japanese culture encourages that kind of thinking. I may be wrong about that assumption, but it's my thought on the issue.

Again, this is just my opinion. Everyone plays the game in their own way, and should continue to do so as long as it's fun for them.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    It is cheating, don't say it isn't, cuz it is.

However, as long as people are just cloning and not doing anything else, I couldn't care less. I use the cloning glitch on Emerald all the time, and I would use the GTS glitch if it would work with my WiFi. But I think it would be better to use the GTS glitch then AR. The GTS glitch is just exploitation of data that is already there. AR is actually changing data.

But whatever, people can do what they want... within limits.

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    I honestly don't think its any different. As long as your getting it done, I don't see how its a problem. And it helps, cause its much faster, and much less risky, as doing the wrong thing through gts could wipe you game if your not careful. I understand why people would be a bit upset by it though, especially cause of how much other things you can do with AR (stats, items, ext).
    The only real thing that makes a difference is classic ribbons. That is a bit more hack-like when it comes to using the action reply. But i really don't think too much of it, cause of how valuable they are.
    Another thing is is that you need wifi to gts clone. Its useful to be able to simply clone anywhere. For example, I've taken some of my friends pokemon, but they dont have wifi at their house (though they own the AR, not me).

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I don't consider it hacking. To me, it's the same thing as the GTS cloning, but faster and safer. And other reasons too, but everything is mostly already stated above me.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    I don't consider it hacking, its just an easier way of GTS cloning
    I don't believe that even pokesav is unfair, as long as you stay within the limits of the game

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Ok, let me have a chance to talk...

AR: Takes data on one spot in box, keeps it there, copies all data on the spot where it was, leaving a clone, perfectly legit

GTS, Pokemon data is sent onto GTS, and at one moment, there is pokemon data on the GTS and in your BOX/Party, the game is shut of, and both sets of data still exist

AR does not change data, It copies it

It is cheating, don't say it isn't, cuz it is.

However, as long as people are just cloning and not doing anything else, I couldn't care less. I use the cloning glitch on Emerald all the time, and I would use the GTS glitch if it would work with my WiFi. But I think it would be better to use the GTS glitch then AR. The GTS glitch is just exploitation of data that is already there. AR is actually changing data.

But whatever, people can do what they want... within limits.

Last edited:
    Back