• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [CLOSED] Map Making Competition - February 2015 [ENTRIES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
  • Constructive criticism is much appreciated. I'm new at this, so I'm always open to suggestions.

Try looking some map work all over the internet. And see how the tile placement make everything look so beautiful. Look at how each and every tiles look like when all of them are blend together. How I map basically. Repeated tiles are good for example if it was a tree but base on how you pattern it yourself. Pattern is really important sometimes, it's what makes your map looks very balanced style. If it was a cave, scattered rocks and things won't make it look good. It's actually still the pattern and placement of each and every tile. It matters on the map view but in game play sometimes it does if your mapping is very empty. Make sure your map is filled in, but make sure it's placement is at every good place of detail that suits in your eyes. If scattered tile placement suits your eyes, I'm afraid you have to know why the opinion of others matters. Even if it's a small map, there is still a way to make it look great. Have a good mapping! (:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Hello everybody!

The first Map making competition is now over. Thanks to everyone who submitted a map!

There will be a new thread opened later today where you can vote on the map!

Also, March's Map making competition entry thread will be opened later!

Thanks again for everyone who sent in a map!

- TheRealOCD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back