• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closest Replica of vBulletin?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    In your opinion, which forum software do you find most similar to vBulletin? Not just on the looks but on the features too...

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    mybboard.com, is as closed you can get vb thats what some people say, but for me is better than vb.

Years
    MalafeX said:
    mybboard.com, is as closed you can get vb thats what some people say, but for me is better than vb.
    He's right.

I've used both vB and MyBB and the options in the adminCP look very similar.
    Feature wise, I also think it's closer to vB than SMF...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    MyBB is similar to vBulletin in looks, and has a lot of features too. The only gripe I have about it is that it's really buggy and has a lot of little things that need to be tweaked. I prefer SMF, myself. SMF 1.1 is looking really good, and has the best default theme of any forum, IMO. Only thing is, SMF has a really hard-to-use theming system. =/

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    they have fix a lot of the bugs, and version 1.2 going to be great, cause it will have new features, i see mybb in 2 years being better than vb.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    coolmaster said:
    In my opinion, wtcBB is most like vBulletin. :\
    yeah that, i forgot all about it i got a long without using it, and the admin cp is almost a replica of vb.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    myBB has a vB theme too. ;>

Anyways, K4BB.org is the most like vB. It really sucks though =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Well, actually it was custom built by someone. It's not for download right now =/

wtcBB rocks. I love it <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    My sister set up a wtcBB board. It kinda sucks I do'nt like it. myBB is THE best free forum software.

Invisionfree=Free IPB
    myBB=Free vB

Plain and simple.

And for those of you thinking that having vB is going to get you more members your completly wrong. It's a waste of money to pay 160 $(or more I think) for a plain forum system which can be very similar to a myBB forum if you mod myBB.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    AJAX support is greatly apperciated IMO when I use a vB. That's an edge over myBB. It also has a horizontal postbit, which is my favorite. So yeah.

myBB also has a horrible default theme, and I like the UCP from vB a lot better. vBulletin gets kudos from me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Koroku said:
    I prefer the UserCP in MyBB personally.
    vB's CPanel = Cleaner, easier to use.

I also _really_ like the subscribed threads in there. It makes it really easy for me to keep track of topics~

Back