• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cloud Strife Joins Super Smash Bros. (Digitalism, WuMo, Cloud Strife Reveal Trailer) [Daily Bloggity Entry #256]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
[css-div="background-color:#330066 ; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
bYNRHzs.jpg
Date: 14 November 2015
Time: 10:55 AM ET
Mood: In my business class right now, so boring...

A new challenger approaches.

Final Fantasy fans rejoice! Announced on Nintendo's November 12th Direct, Cloud Strife of the hit video game series Final Fantasy will be joining the cast of Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS. Cloud will be joining an already expanding roster of Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Steet Fighter's Ryu as a playable character in the near future. The date of availability to purchase has yet been revealed.

Daily Music - "Pogo" by Digitalism
Spoiler:
Similar in moveability to the Fire Emblem characters like Ike, Cloud Strife will wield his trademark Buster Blade as he'll battle on his home stage of Midgar, the capital city and power base of the Shinra Electric Power Company in Final Fantasy VII. The announcement may seem like a surprise to some, although it seems this addition may be building off of the hype of the 2015 E3 reveal of a Final Fantasy VII remake which will be coming out in the foreseeable future. Nintendo has also had a history of adding characters outside of their realm of ownership, including Sonic, Solid Snake, and the most recent addition of Ryu.

Daily Comic - "Peter Pan" by Wulff and Morgenthaler of WuMo
Spoiler:
On April 2nd, Nintendo announced a 'Fighter Ballot' where the public could vote and nominate video game characters to be added into Super Smash Bros. The most highly requested characters included King K. Rool and Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country, Isaac from Golden Sun, Ridley from Metroid, and an Inklin from Splatoon. Shovel Knight and Shantae are also frequently mentioned, as well as Microsoft giving Nintendo it's blessing to use Banjo-Kazooie as a DLC character. Wolf and Snake, both popular characters within Super Smash Bros Brawl, are also absent from the current roster.

Daily Video - "Cloud Strife Reveal Trailer" by YouTuber Sharingroudon
Spoiler:
Nonetheless, gamers can rejoice at the sucess of Nintendo being able to create deals with other companies to allow foreign intellectual property use within their fighting game. If anything, it tells of the infinite possibilities that could happen of the characters being added. While gamers might not be so jubilous knowing they have to pay for these characters - Lucas, Roy, and Mewtwo are all listed as $3.99 for each system while Ryu is $5.99 - it still shows that Nintendo is moving in a good direction with the continuation of the game. What do you guys think of this reveal? Do you think that Cloud Strife was a good addition to the Super Smash Bros. roster? Who would you personally like to see in the game? Who is your favorite character to play as (mine is Toon Link!)? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:
[/css-div]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm grumpy and hate seeing final fantasy characters outside of their own world :z.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I just feel that since FF is so story driven, the characters being in these games (and KH, and Dissidia) breaks canon. FF characters don't all know each other and they certainly don't exist in the same world as mario ;-;.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Mana;bt104189 said:
I just feel that since FF is so story driven, the characters being in these games (and KH, and Dissidia) breaks canon. FF characters don't all know each other and they certainly don't exist in the same world as mario ;-;.
Final Fantasy is one of those series that I've always wanted to play but just haven't. Is there a good place to start from considering the the size of the series?

Back