• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] CLOUD v2.0 [T] [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
  • Kai Song//Arathor
    Small Town
    It was a good hour of walking before Arathor finally laid eyes on SMALL TOWN. It was, as the name had hinted, a rather small place, and the tall Arathor could not help but feel out of place.

Now, it should be said that when it is said that the town was small, well... It would not be quite what was expected. It seemed that this town was populated not with Daemon, but a race of shorter, stockier humanoids. Arathor would almost go so far as to call them Dwarves, as their average height was around four feet; however, he found that none had the trademark beards or gruff expressions. Instead, it seemed these small humans were closer to elves in all but body size. All in all, it just made Arathor's brain hurt.

After he had finally gotten over the initial confusion of the situation, he found that the town was actually furnished like any other. There was a blacksmith. And there an inn, though he did not expect to be able to fit inside, much less rent a room. Hell, there was even a tavern, alive with shouting and music!

He'd stop by the blacksmith first: he'd see what he could get in the way of basic armor and weapons, then see if he could find a good grinding area nearby. He'd be sure to avoid other Daemon as much as possible, too. He wouldn't know who to trust, and who was out to get you, and woe to the individual that mistook him for an easy target!

<><><><><><><><><><>​

Arathor straightened as he exited the last stop in his round of equipment-gathering, and stretched. He was traveling much lighter than he would have liked, but for what he had spent, the short sword and light studded armor was more than sufficient. He'd get more powerful gear after he'd had a chance to level up his needed skills to unlock them.

Now, for the more pressing issue. To find an area rife with weak monsters that was out of the way enough to not be discovered all that easily by other players. A quick glance at his map showed a rather likely area, and not too far to the west of town. With a nod of affirmation and a small smirk, he set off.

He had finally hit a steady rhythm, and had almost began playing music in his head, when he ran into the individual. It was obvious that she was an NPC, though she was unlike the others within the town. Aside from that, though, what made her stand out was the large question mark above her head. A quest? This early? Man was he one lucky son-of-a-gun! Quests were notorious for big XP rewards and tons of loot. Barely able to contain his excitement, he activated conversation with the NPC, whose name showed up as Sari as she turned to face him.

CSS by DeathofShadows

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    rosalee_offline_thumb.png
    rosalee_online_thumb.png
    Rosalee Bennett // PumpkinXO
    >> Level 3, White Mage, Cloud Nine
    >> 25th May, 2025
    >> Floor 1: Plains & Manchester, England
    Rosie, carefully manoeuvring herself through the plains, trying her hardest not to be seen by enemies (she had been spotted a few times, but thankfully with a few blunt smacks with her staff, she had defeated them, gaining a bit of experience, only enough for a singular level up). She finally found herself in LITTLE TOWN, as stated by her HUD.

It indeed was small, in all aspects -- little houses, little shops, little notice boards, little people, though it did take up a fair bit of land. It had an archway saying "Little Town" and everything!

As the townsfolk came into view, so did a few of the CLOUD members that had also made their way there. Rosie was paranoid, but they didn't seem too interested in her anyway. It wasn't like she had made it obvious she had a coloured key, and she definitely wasn't going to start now.

A golden exclamation mark came into view -- something that indeed looked interesting. She shuffled a bit closer, noticing it floating about an NPC's head, the name Sari floating underneath the golden symbol. She approached her, seeming important, before she bumped into another player.

"Ooh!" She said, stepping back and shaking her head. "Sorry! I didn't mean it! Please don't hurt me!" Arathor was the name above this member's head, and he was covered in studded armour, something far more impressive than Rosie's ratty mage cloak. "Sorry!" She apologised again, hoping this member wasn't as awful as the rest of the members from the castle.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years
  • Kai Song//Arathor
    Small Town
    Arathor was about to activate this quest that he found when he was rudely interrupted, and by a player no less. However, something about the crimson haired demon like DAEMON wasn't as intimidating as he had expected. When combined with the fact that she was apologizing profusely, some may even say begging for her life, he realized she was no fighter.

"You have given me no reason to harm you," he responded, smiling slightly as he turned to face the player, "nor do I care what type of key you may have. Your identity is none of my business."

Now that he had the opportunity, he decided to get a closer look at this 'PumpkinXO', as the floating name prompt told him. She was about a head shorter than he, and seemed scared almost witless. Judging by the tattered clothing and lack of any good supplies, she had just wandered into town. Two horns poked their way through crimson hair, and small wings of bat-like origin sprouted from her shoulder blades. He was sure they were cosmetic; nothing like his own eight foot wingspan. Overall, he had to say that she looked quite unprepared for the huge battle that this game was about to become. At least, until some order could be formed, though that would take quite a while.

His online self was what spoke next. The one that went on daring missions deep into dungeons to save stranded players. The one that could fly over the entirety of CLOUDLAND and still have several minutes of fly time left. The one that he had begun melding with.

"Listen... Where you planning on taking this quest? If so, I would wish to accompany you. We could party up for a bit." He bowed slightly, then continued, "I am Arathor, previously the strongest solo player in the game."

CSS by DeathofShadows

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • CLICK HERE FOR BETTER LOOKING VERSION

Adrian Mason
    Mathieu Blanc
    Venice, Italy
    Paris, France
    Equinox
    Slay
    Level 2 Warrior
    Level 2 Fighter

Level 1: Plains

He didn't want to get up at all, somehow the grass was surprisingly soft. However he had to explore the area and try to understand the point of these colored keys. This wouldn't have happened if he paid any attention to the speech, now he's stuck with no possibility to logout at the moment. After getting up, Slay let a wild yawn out. Bringing out the map, he checked the different places. The town was the best option as of now, surely he could gather more information there. After some stretching, he started to run to his destination.

Meanwhile…

Equinox readied his Rusty Sword and adjusted in his Rent Leather Armor. He wondered what drunk artist made up these enemies and even more who would actually approve them. Nonetheless, they were a threat, and needed to be dealt with as such. He turned to Atlas and said "I'm gonna charge em'! Don't wait too long to join or I might have all the fun!" With that he sprinted forwards with his sword ready at his side.

The place was surprisingly empty. Where did all the players go? Not that he really minded since his health wasn't exactly at the very high. But still, it would be more reassuring if he knew there were other players stuck like him. Matt sighed, these sort of things always had to happen to him. Then he noticed some guys fighting cows? Who in their right mind would take a cow as Daemon? He yelled to them. "YO!"

Equinox brought down his sword on the enemy in front of him when he heard someone yell from behind him. His head twisted around to see where exactly the unfamiliar voice came from and whether or not it was hostile. He saw a small human with flamboyant pink hair approaching from the forests. He didn't look harmful, very thin looking from this distance. Equinox was about to speak when he heard thumping from his left. He turned and swung his sword, sending the NPC enemy flying and defeated. "Stop right there and don't move," He said now heading towards this new character with his sword ready, "Not even a twitch. I will kill you… Now who are you and what do you want."

Good god, these people weren't familiar at all. He met people in the arena that were friendlier than those. Seriously? Is that how they taught these guys to welcome people? Geez. "My name is Slay, Daemon-wise of course. I find you guys to be extremely rude, I just called out to you and you threaten to kill me. What's with this attitude?" He took a short pause. "Anyway, I don't want anything from you, except informations. I wanna know what's going on with those colored keys."

"Rude? Excuse me for being tense about a new person who could try and steal my entire life! I've got too much to lose and will hold onto it until my dying breath! And we don't know anything about these colored keys other than that we were fortunate enough to not get them, and be able to keep our lives! Equinox stopped and took a few breaths, clutching onto his rusty sword tightly, still unsure of the new Daemon in front of him's allegiance. "I want you to spell it out in black and white. Friend or foe."

Steal his entire life? What was this guy talking about? He could probably steal his equipment and such, but his entire life. "What are you even on about!? I can't steal your life, I don't even know you." Things were getting too much for him to understand. People attacked him because he had colored keys and now they were talking of life stealing. "I am neither. I just don't have a clue of what's going on."

"Did you not pay attention to our forced 'press conference' or something?! The keys we all have contain all of your digital info. Bank Accounts, Official documents, all that stuff. Unless you have a colored one. Then it's in the hands of a mad man in Japan. I'm not worried though, this'll be over in a few days when there's a police raid on his home or work, or maybe both! This breaks so many laws that Japan's government will be all over this company." Equinox stopped and thoroughly examined the Player in front of him. He didn't look like he wanted trouble, nor could Equinox find a weapon anywhere on his character. He loosened the grip on his sword and spoke calmly "I'm going to go against my instinct and say you're not looking to harm us. You can tag along if you like but don't try to pull anything funny or I'll end you. Now what's your name?"

Now he was surprised... What was he going to do? This was just way too much to take at once. He looked at his interlocutor. "To be quite honest, no. I paid no attention to what he said." He looked down at his pockets. "Then I guess a mad man has all my data now." Sighing, he dropped his shoulders in defeat. There was no use picking fights against other users. "My name is Mathieu but you can call me Matt. What's yours?"

"I'm Adrian, also known as Equinox. Don't worry, Japan will crack down on that guy I'm sure, if not the States most certainly will. Next month, I'd bet this will all just be a bad memory, we might have to find a new game to play though," He chuckled a little bit "So what city are you hailing from?"

He put his hands on his sides. "That's kinda troublesome though." Matt certainly didn't like the fact that someone he didn't know had all his identity. No, he didn't like that at all. "Paris in France. You?"

"Venice, Italia. Were pretty close I guess, at least relativity, but a drive away." He took a look around his surroundings. The trees parted a tad where the mouth of a trail left the opening they were in. "It's great just standing here but we should probably get on the move. We're sitting ducks in this field…."

Equinox probably had a point, it wasn't quite safe to stay in this place. "I was going to the nearest village, wanna come along?" He contracted his muscles. "And I'll get my identity back!"

"Sounds good to me. Let's get going then!" Equinox said "I can probably change my Daemon there and do some break-neck bargaining too!"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • ShinobiOnigiri AKA Raymond Hughes

Kaatahui AKA ???

FLOOR 1: PLAINS

The bright light of the portal forced Raymond to squeeze his eyes shut as he passed through. When the portal spat him out into the dark field he grit his digital teeth as he felt his body make hard contact with the ground and slide a few inches in a similarly unartistic manner. Wincing, he sucked in air sharply through his teeth and drew himself up. Looking around, he saw mostly darkness; his eyes hadn't adjusted yet to the dim light the moon exhibited, and the bright light from the portal made it no better. From what he could see the area resembled one of the low level storm dungeons he had trained in when he first began to play. There weren't too many monsters around, and being low level enemies, mostly didn't have aggro ranges.

"FLOOR 1: PLAINS"

"Well they never were too keen on giving the low levelled areas great names anyway."

He froze as behind him sounded a hard thumping noise as the ground greeted another unknown body. Glancing around him, he saw that others had begun appearing in the plains. Guessing that there wasn't a big chance that these players would be any less hostile than those he had left in that room, he decided it would probably be best if he vacated the area as soon as possible. Summoning his menu, he selected the map and glanced around as it loaded up in his HUD. There seemed to be several marked locations scattered across it.

"What…? Wait I remember something like this from back then… Starters?"

Though Icarus had reset them all and basically put their lives in an extremely vulnerable position, Ray didn't think he would leave the players without any way to begin climbing levels once again.

Another several thumps

Too much thinking, he needed to move. Selecting a marker at random, he closed his map and took off across the field, eager to get out of sight of the players. He was now heading to the location known as "Green Hill". He needed to get the ball rolling quickly, but he supposed it wouldn't be such a bad thing to pick up some levels along the way.

"Hey!" A voice called after ShinobiOnigiri, and behind him came running another DAEMON. A girl it appeared, at least it seemed that way from her high-pitched voice and feminine DAEMON. She was a rabbit-like humanoid with bleach blonde hair and pink eyes. Her skin was light and her body tiny, and she was fitted with what seemed to be a Fencer's beginners kit. The poorly-made rapier on her hip confirmed that. "Hey! You!"

She caught up to him, hands in the air as she approached, a sign she came in peace. Enough had been lost today for her to get hostile towards any DAEMON she found.

"Are you going questing? Can we team up?" She asked, shrugging her shoulders at the question, trying her best to try and seem as passive and peaceful as possible.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the small body approaching him with a rather alarming speed. Slowing down, he reached a hand up to the ninjato strapped to his back and turned to face his aggressor. The higher pitched voice gave away the person's gender… well at least their DAEMON's gender. The rules of the internet stated that there were no females on the internet, and while he knew it to not always hold true, it mostly did. As she called out to him he began to draw out the sword, but stopped when she proposed a team up. Keeping his hand on his sword, he stood up a little straighter, but still watched the girl with narrowed eyes.

"...A team? You realize where you just came from right? You think anyone coming out of that would suddenly just trust another asking for a team?"

Her posture indicated that she bore no ill will towards him and her sword was sheathed, but he knew all too well how deceiving appearances could be, being a ninja at all…. but still.

"... It also wasn't the best idea to yell out in a field full of players who were just part of a mob…"

"I just... I mean," she gestured to her gear, "I never really played the RPG part of CLOUD. I was lucky enough to even get through that portal." She sighed, lowering her hands slowly. "All the more reason! If we stick together, we can help out each other! Get levelled up quicker, and if we ever get ambushed, I'm sure we'd have a better chance of getting out alive if there were two of us!" She pouted a little, trying to take full advantage of her avatar's cuteness. "Please?"

Raymond kept his hand upon his sword but his guard was slowly lowering. The girl had a point; even if she had on starter gear and a blade, her DAEMON didn't look anything like a fighter, more like someone who participated in fashion contests and just hung out with friends. Another factor was that he had pretty much just been told that his entire life was not tied to some stupid crimson key, and he hadn't freaked out yet, well not visibly. There were too many things working against him at the moment and he just couldn't maintain himself properly at the moment. The admittedly cute pouting look the girl was putting on really didn't help much at all, either.

After a few seconds of glaring, Ray sighed and released the grip on his ninjato, opening up the party interface and selecting the "Add Party Member" option.

"...Alright fine, just stop looking at me like that…what's your name anyway."

"Thanks so much!" She gave a cheer, stabbing the YES button to the party invite. Her name appeared in the top corner, but she said it anyway. "I'm Kaatahui! You can call me Kaata if you want. Or Kaat. Or Kat. I get called a bunch of things." She smiled brightly, clapping her hands together. "I can see you're... ShinobiOnigiri, but is ther anything else you wanted me to call you? That sure is a mouthful."

She glanced out to the horizon, the plains extended as far as she could see. According to the map and her menu though, there was stuff out there. "Which quest are you heading off to? I can see three in he menu, but I have no idea what you have to do for them."

He let out a short puff of air which one would take for a snicker and crossed his arms, his passive face taking over once more.

"You can call me Shino then, rather plain I guess but now isn't the time for brainstorming names, now is it? I guess I'll call you Kat then, we can get more acquainted once I stop feeling like there are millions of players-.... actually nevermind."

She didn't need to know about his colored key , and yet he had almost let it slip. Though she looked all harmless and cute, he had met far too many enemy assassins and warriors who had made their DAEMONS appear harmless while actually being strong as hell. Even if they were all reset, they still posed a threat, especially if they acquired the same class they had before, like he had.

"I wasn't really paying too much attention when I picked a location, but..."

He trailed off as he opened up his map again and searched for his marker.

"It seems I chose GREEN HILL, so that where I'm headed, you can choose to follow or not. Either way I recommend we keep moving, because there are millions of other players spawning in around us from that room, and not all of them are as nice as you appear to be,"

"Let's go then!"

----------------------

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her
    • space~
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Korori Hitomi >> Cosmic Ether
    25th May, 2025 // baltimore city, maryland, usa
    o level 3, conjurer
    o plains >> plains; unknown village

Korori was still torn on whether or not to trust Rorschach, but at this point she really didn't have a choice. Aaron was still dealing with players in the foyer and the girl had no idea when they would finally meet up. On any other day in CLOUD the decision wouldn't of been so stressful, but now with her whole life depending on Cosmic's survival, in game choices became as serious as out of game ones. Which really bummed the gamer out since CLOUD was suppose to be her escape.

The small DAEMON strolled behind her companion, eyes locked on the thief's backside. Normally Cosmic would take the lead, but without her assassin class she didn't feel confident enough if the girl were to attack her from behind. So for now, she settled with following the gambler. It wasn't like it mattered anyway, who led and who followed. The players were both headed in the same direction, toward the same destination, which seemed to be approaching. Little flower patches began to dot the ground, the tall grasses now the height of a nicely trimmed lawn.

Cosmic took a moment to survey her surroundings, taking notice to what seemed to be a large hill coming up. From the duo's position the decline of the hill was not visible to them, but they quickly approached it's peak.

Right as Rorschach stepped on the top of the mound, a rumble could be heard from below her feet. Cosmic was only a few feet behind her and stopped in her tracks once she noticed the thief's confused expression. Before the dragonic DEAMON could ask what was wrong, slight tremors could be felt by both players. Followed by the shifting of earth. Korori watched the screen with a dropped jaw, for what she was witnessing was a monster breaking off of the earth itself! As if it was sleeping within the hillside and Rorschach had awoken it. The thief had swiftly jumped off of the creature before it fully rose from the earth, now she stood quite a good distance away from her partner. Cosmic eyed the beast that now stood in front of her as it eyed her back, a giant troll that had been merged with the hillside. On it's back was a massive patch of earth, with dirt, grass, flowers and pebbles all mixed in. It's body was stocky and built in it's upper region and slender in it's lower. The weight of the mound on it's back weighed it down considerably, causing it have a dramatic hunch.

PUBLIC CHAT
    [Cosmic Ether] sh!t! rorschach! i need you to get its attention so that i can blast it with spells!​

Korori's fingers flew over the keyboard with lightning speed as she tried to get the other player's attention. However, when the gamer searched for the theif character on her screen, she found no one. The girl's jaw dropped and for a second she was motionless, before the approaching troll snapped her attention back into the game. "Fricken' duh!" She shouted to herself, beyond furious at the fact that she actually thought for a second that she could trust the gambling floozy.

PUBLIC CHAT
    [Cosmic Ether] rorschach! if you're still in range, i just want to let you know that i WILL find you!​

With that last message, the girl redirected her thoughts on the giant troll that was now only a few meters away from her. The beast was most likely resistance to earth spells, so the conjurer was sh!t out of luck. "Damn!" Korori thought as she made the realization that her character was just too low a level to fight alone against such a creature. Thankfully, the monster was incredibly slow, so fleeing was a strong possibility. The girl began to rotate her in game view to try and find a place to run to, while simultaneously moving her DAEMON back a few feet to keep the distance between her and the troll.

It took a few swivels of her DEAMON's head and some re-positioning before she was able to spot the drop of the hill that Rorschach had attempted to climb. As soon as the dragon had a clear shot, she dashed past the monster. Unfortunately, conjurers weren't that fast and the creature swung it's long arms out at her, catching a shoulder in it's attack. Korori watched as her character's HP dropped by a quarter, teeth grinding. Luckily, she was able to get past the monster, with majority of her health in tact. The DEAMON jumped over the hilltop, which now had a huge chuck missing from it. She tumbled down the mound and took some falling damage. Korori cursed Rorschach as she watched her HP drop more. The troll would have been a sweet monster to down and collect experience from, not to mention the items it could have had. The gamer girl would not forget this upsetting event any time soon, but for now she had to focus on getting to safety.

Once Cosmic hit flat ground, she steadied herself. A heavy sigh escaped her player's mouth as the conjurer began casting the Cure spell on herself. This class was really starting to pay off, sure she had to pay attention to her mana bar, but it refilled constantly. As long as the girl didn't spam spells, she would be okay. Hopefully, Aaron wouldn't be much longer. With him she wouldn't have to worry too much about getting killed then and she could reserve her mana for healing him while he killed everything.

After her health bar was full once more, Cosmic rose from her spot, scouting her surroundings with that tall neck of hers coming in handy. With squinted eyes, the DEAMON could faintly see what looked like a little gathering of buidlings off in the distance. Since it was the only form of civilization that the player had come across so far, she decided that there was really no other option then to go into town. She could lay low for the time being and wait for her partner in saftey. Maybe even pick up a quest or two while there.

INVENTORY
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This RP has not received posts for two whole months and I have not seen anything in the OOC about it being revived, so I will close this IC until I hear word from the GM. If there's any questions or circumstances I don't know about, feel free to message me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back