• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Club Hex [Ghost-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Although you didn't answer first, I will give you 5 points (half of what the first post says for winning QoTW) for LISTING all the Pokemon.
thnx, Derpy!!

I'm gonna submit a new banner, featuring my fave Ghost-type - Chandelure!

ClubHexBanner.png
nice banner, hikari.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Owner of Phantoms and Specters entering! :)

Name: miltankRancher
Partner Pokemon (Feel free to nickname that Pokemon) (Only 1 allowed and please read the rules for this): Poltergeist the Gengar
Referrer (Optional choice):
Why are you joining?: Ghost is my second favorite type, after poison. They could be really tricky in battle, and their onscreen personalities are always so fun to watch!

On topic, I would call it Ectoplasm. you know, that gooey liquid that is supposed to ooze from ghosts? It'll cause burn, like a ghost type flamethrower.

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Owner of Phantoms and Specters entering! :)

Name: miltankRancher
Partner Pokemon (Feel free to nickname that Pokemon) (Only 1 allowed and please read the rules for this): Poltergeist the Gengar
Referrer (Optional choice):
Why are you joining?: Ghost is my second favorite type, after poison. They could be really tricky in battle, and their onscreen personalities are always so fun to watch!

On topic, I would call it Ectoplasm. you know, that gooey liquid that is supposed to ooze from ghosts? It'll cause burn, like a ghost type flamethrower.

Accepted! Welcome to Club Hex!

On another note, I am going to be off for 1 week+. I may be able to get on during that 1 week but I cannot guarantee this. During my absence, I will leave the authority in the club to AlexOzzyCake.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
During my absence, I will leave the authority in the club to AlexOzzyCake.
Next time warn/tell me about this please? xD

Okay so I think we're well overdue for a new topic!

Sableye vs Spiritomb; which do you prefer?
I personally detest Spiritomb so it's not a hard choice for me x] These two Pokemon have very similar strategies due to their very useful type combinations of Dark/Ghost and their very wide move pool, but which do you prefer? I find that Sableye's moves and speed make for a much more interesting battle that whittling the opponent down with Spiritomb, so I'll definitely have to side with the gem thief <3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Okay so I think we're well overdue for a new topic!

Sableye vs Spiritomb; which do you prefer?
I personally detest Spiritomb so it's not a hard choice for me x] These two Pokemon have very similar strategies due to their very useful type combinations of Dark/Ghost and their very wide move pool, but which do you prefer? I find that Sableye's moves and speed make for a much more interesting battle that whittling the opponent down with Spiritomb, so I'll definitely have to side with the gem thief <3
I think the ghost was sent to warn you and you didn't catch it!

I personally prefer Spiritomb, as it may look nasty ugly in design, but its fairly dangerous across competitive battle. I've seen it used Pain Split in battle in OU tier actually. It held its own and was annoying indeed. It was a LONG, LONG battle. Stats-wise, Sableye doesn't live up to par compare to Spiritomb. Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch cancels out the horrible speed for Spiritomb, otherwise its other stats are quite decent.

I never seen Sableye used in battle personally. I do prefer its design 100% though!

Derpy.H

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013

Yeah, sorry. It was kind of a last minute thing as I forgot to mention it to my forums I am on so I mentioned it quickly and had to go straight after mentioning it.

But I am back, so I am now able to take back control. Thanks for the back-up, though, Alex. ^__^

Oh, and the topic? I much prefer Spiritomb overall just due to it's design. Very creative there. I never found Sableye's design to be quite that fascinating. As for stats? I don't mind the kinda bad speed that Spiritomb has and so everything is fine, IMO - Therefore, making Spiritomb the one I prefer out of the 2.

Derpy.H

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
New part to first post: Member of the Month!

To get member of the month you have to be in with the topic and be here often and getting points whenever possible.

Depending on how well the member of the month has done he can get more points!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Derpy, just a moderator note. As per the foum-wide rules, you are not allowed to double post, however a rule regarding these cases are being added. Just remember to read the rules carefully.

Anyways, Sableye vs Spiritomb; which do you prefer?

They are both Pokémon that I've never really used, as Sableye just didn't really interest me, and I think you were supposed to do some special stuff to get Spiritomb, which I wasn't able to at the time. Either way, my choice definitely goes to Spiritomb, as it's the Pokémon that I think has the most unique design, and well, it's just generally pretty cool. And as said, I've never really cared for Sableye, since I didn't own third gen games for that long, and at the time I wasn't big on Ghost type Pokémon.

Derpy.H

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Derpy, just a moderator note. As per the foum-wide rules, you are not allowed to double post, however a rule regarding these cases are being added. Just remember to read the rules carefully.
Oh, woops. My bad. I thought it said "owners are allowed to double post if the topic is unactive for 1 week." not 2 weeks, my bad once again.

Thanks for informing me of this.

Anyway, new topic.

Hope you enjoy discussing it!

(Who do you believe is the best designed Ghost Type Pokemon?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh, woops. My bad. I thought it said "owners are allowed to double post if the topic is unactive for 1 week." not 2 weeks, my bad once again.
The bumping rule is for one week without posts, not two :3

Hope you enjoy discussing it!

Who do you believe is the best designed Ghost Type Pokemon?
Aren't you going to answer? xD I'm gonna go with Golett. It's sooo cute omg <3 And it has such cool typing :D The fact that they made it able to fly made me smile a lot when I found out and the fact that it's an automated ghost-robot thingy is just plan awesome! And it looks fantastic too :D Also the shiny colours wow. <3 Although tbh I think most ghosts are well designed; the only one I'd say this doesn't apply for is Spiritomb because, well, that just looks plain awful imo. But yeah, Golett gets my vote :D

Derpy.H

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013

Aren't you going to answer?
I wanted to wait for someone else to answer first :3

NOW, FOR MAH VIEW.

I like Dusknoir the most, his design is quite spectacular. It looks well thought out and I love the face-type design on his chest which I find EPPPIIIICCCC! The anime also made his design very well, kept his standards up.

Olli

Years
Who do you believe is the best designed Ghost Type Pokemon?

To be honest, I was about to say a specific Pokémon, untill I realised that I like it for the creativity, and not the design, so gonna split this up into two.

For the best design, most definitely Golett. I really like how great they made the design, while still keeping it without too much detail. I really like how it's this robotic golem like Pokémon, as it's not a concept we see all too often, and I just feel like it was pulled off well with Golem. Though for the actual design, I'm really in love with the colours, as cyan is one of my all time favourite colours. The rock-like body is also something I see as very unique for a Ground type, and nothing I'd ever expect from a Ghost type. Though yeah, great design, great colours, overall greatness.

now, for the most creative design, Spiritomb. I know this may be a suprising choice, as I myself thought at first it was just the result of a few scribbles, though looking closer at it, it has a really unique design. It may not be that pretty to look at, and it's actually one of the more repulsive Pokémon, however the idea is actually great. No one would have expected it, and I just think it's a really creative way of getting by with the designs. (inb4 spiritomb is actually just a bunch of scribbles because they ran out of ideas).

Years
Hallu! I'd really love to join!
Partner Pokemon: Eve, my Mismagius
Why I want to join: I'm a huge han of ghost type pokemon, such as the ones in my SS party, which can be found on my member page. Some of my favorites are Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Mismagius, Giratina, and Froslass. Ghost types are to die for! Ahaha! But personally, my favorite Ghost-type is either Giratina or Mismagius. I hope I'll become a great member!

Olli

Years
Club is being closed due to nearing a month of inactivity and due to an inactive owner.

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back