• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Club Nintendo to end this year

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...nt_loyalty_programme_coming_later_in_the_year

Basically, the service will end this year, and will be replaced with a new loyalty reward program. One hopes that will link to the NNID. There's also talk of new products to be released before club nintendo ends.

Australia's been treated the same as Europe with this with the closing date of end of September and all. I hope the mention of new products before club nintendo ends will be neat and in decent stock as well. I missed out on the likes of the Luigi diorama (too many stars!) and that still bugs me. D=

And hey look, that Flipnote app will be available for signing up for the new program when that comes out. People liked that.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • So, them's the breaks, I guess... On the plus side, we FINALLY get Flipnote Studio 3D, but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth. It reeks of "PLEASE UNDERSTAND" to me.

Still... I can't fault them for having cool items in the past; maybe some of them will be available again now that the whole system's shutting down. I think the best things I ever got from Club Nintendo were the Blooper folding fan and the Platinum Playing Cards. I actually use the cards when I play poker, it's my favorite deck to use.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Well hopefully we won't have to deal with that new annoying club nintendo code being printed on the inside of the game case art. I wonder where all my points will go.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • Well this sucks, but it's understandable as many companies want to come up with new ideas to keep them afloat (I'm looking at you Apple :p)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Maybe! Maybe they're shutting down Club Nintendo worldwide so they can link all of them together with a new system and shut down region locking forever!!!!!!! /muffled sobbing

I'm not too disappointed in this. I haven't really liked any of the prizes... ever? I think I got Mario Party 2 for free once which was nice but otherwise I found myself spending points on useless things because they never had any good prizes in the NA club. My points are split across Club Nintendo NA and Japan because my primary 3DS is Japanese but my other Nintendo stuff is Canadian and... it's just a hassle. None of the prizes were ever worthwhile enough to bother keeping up two accounts.

My favourite prize I ever got from Club Nintendo was this misprint calendar that said Nobember on it. I still have it. I can't wait for the year that calendar is usable again.

Years
  • I hope this new program they have will be a lot better. Or at least better rewards and such. I miss those Bowser folders. Good thing I got platinum status just in time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2016
    Club Nintendo rewards have always kind of lacked in North America, and the surveys were annoying. But it is still a shame to see it go. I hope whatever follows is more streamlined. Time will tell.

Bay

Years
  • I admit I haven't really used my points except for a Mario/Pikmin cardcase a few days ago actually. I only have a 3DS and the digital rewards for that system didn't really interest me much. I'm curious to see how the new system will fare.

Years
  • I hardly used Club Nintendo because the prizes were so, so mediocre in the NA club. All I'd ever purchased from it was a cute pink Animal Crossing 3DS pouch that I use to store my 3DS in, plus it matches my pink penguin game case. :') Otherwise it was all boring recycled stuff that I wouldn't have a use for so all I ended up doing was hoarding my coins because collecting them was very satisfying haha. Loved watching the number go up.

Despite that I was pretty surprised by this news but it won't be hurting me much at all in the long run. Ah well.

Years
  • This doesn't bother me too much. I never really cared for Club Nintendo anyway, although there might be others that liked what it provided I was never one of them.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I did get a couple 18-game card cases though, as well as the Ball Game & Watch when it was still available. I also have the giant ? AR card, as well as the playing cards that were given out as a Platinum prize a few years ago.
    Oooooo, you got the Game & Watch. Cool! I wanted that

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well, I got the one item from club nintendo that I actually wanted. So it's nbd to me. I had like literally nothing left anyways. Got a nice little white leather game case for all my DS games that I threw away the cases for.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Heh, I don't even live in the US and I only have 250 coins in the first place. Maybe gonna grab a retro game later, but I'll see what's available first.

Also, I just noticed that I haven't registered my Pokemon X on Club Nintendo, so make that 290 coins.

Bay

Years
  • https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

So the last of the rewards are here for those that are interested! Some notable ones:

Physical Rewards: Nintendo 3DS Case (2015 Edition), 2016 Desktop Calendar, Animal Crossing Mini Playing Cards, several posters, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Messenger Bag

Wii U: Earthbound, The Wonderful 101, Doc Louis's Punch Out!,

3DS: DonkeyKong Country Returns 3D, StarFox 64 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising

Dang, I want to try out Kid Icarus Uprising but I spent most of my coins for the 3DS case I mentioned earlier haha.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm so pleased. After hours and hours of trying, I finally was able to order the Animal Crossing playing cards. Syd gets one deck and I get the other. :) Now to wait the dreaded two-five months for them to arrive. Thankfully I can look forward to a Platinum Reward later on. Hopefully if it is only games, they put up Pikmin 3.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I enjoyed Club Nintendo. I got some cool stuff. I have ? Block, a Mario hat, a statuette of the Mario cast, a CD to something I don't remember, both DS Game & Watch Collections, NES Remix, Fluidity, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Pictobits, I think Orbient, probably some other games and physical items too.

I missed a few things though. Some nice shirts, because I was holding out on coin spending :( Oh well

Going to pick up a good batch of digital game and maybe on physical items with this round... if I can ever login

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • To be fair, the rewards have really sucked the past year or two, and the selection has gotten thinner and thinner, so I think CN's demise has been inevitable. That said, this final rush of rewards is great, and I'm glad I nabbed one of the Majora's Mask messenger bags.

Might try to get Earthbound if I find enough unused codes when I go through my Wii/Wii U/3DS games, but I've always preferred the physical rewards since CN is the only way you can get them - you can always buy the digital games outright anytime.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    That said, this final rush of rewards is great, and I'm glad I nabbed one of the Majora's Mask messenger bags.

^ That was really all I wanted from it, but I'm like 100 coins short and I can't buy my Wii U yet, so I don't think I'll get it in time. :c lol.
    Here's hoping they'll show up on ebay or something. I'm sure they will eventually. Probably.

So I'll just end up blowing the last of my coins on some retro games to pad out my new consoles this month and next month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really though, I liked the idea. Getting "free" games as a reward for buying so many of their products? Neat. But giving me a game you sell for $5-8 doesn't really make up for the $200+ I had to spend to reach that reward in the first place. Just a wee bit unbalanced.
    And the physical rewards were usually lame. Nintendogs greeting cards? Sweet, now all my friends can get postcards from me that showcase my love for pixelated animals. That's. Yeah..

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • A new system could be better. Get X number of cash back when you buy digital copies of games. Retailers don't take a cut of that,so they can , and should, push download games

Back