• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Club Nintendo

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So you guys have a Club Nintendo account? How many Platinum member prizes have you received?

I remember I got the 3 special posters of Skyward Sword, Dark Moon, and Uprising. I also got the 8-bit Mario t-shirt with all the Mario characters on it.

Also, does anyone else hate that the Club Nintendo codes are on the inside of the covers instead of behind the manual? It's really annoying for someone like me who's very finicky because I spend way too much time trying to get the cover art perfectly aligned in the case after removing it to see the code.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    That reminds me, got a few games to register. I always forget to do that. :P

I don't check up on it too often, and of the few times I had none of the prizes really caught my eye, so I have yet to claim any (do coins expire?). I do remember seeing that shirt you're talking about though, I'd considered getting that one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    That reminds me, got a few games to register. I always forget to do that. :P

I don't check up on it too often, and of the few times I had none of the prizes really caught my eye, so I have yet to claim any (do coins expire?). I do remember seeing that shirt you're talking about though, I'd considered getting that one.

Nope, coins don't expire. At least not that I remember.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm still on Gold membership, still got a few until I hit the Platinum (can't wait). Also.. I bought Mario Kart 7 a while back and I didn't even have a Club Nintendo code in the back, is that normal?

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I'm still on Gold membership, still got a few until I hit the Platinum (can't wait). Also.. I bought Mario Kart 7 a while back and I didn't even have a Club Nintendo code in the back, is that normal?

If it was a pre owned copy some people take it out otherwise if it was a new copy I suggest calling Nintendo and ask about it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • If it was a pre owned copy some people take it out otherwise if it was a new copy I suggest calling Nintendo and ask about it.

It was brand new with the sealing and all. It's really weird tho, lmao. Unless every Mario kart 7 games are like that, highly doubt it tho.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I literally never do this lmao. The only thing I did was register my 3DS and Animal Crossing to get a free digital copy of Y (already had a physical). As much as I love merch and such though, I should really make use of it. But I have so many games that are old with unused codes that I assume I can't use now and yeeeeah. So many points I could have, but choose not to.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I literally never do this lmao. The only thing I did was register my 3DS and Animal Crossing to get a free digital copy of Y (already had a physical). As much as I love merch and such though, I should really make use of it. But I have so many games that are old with unused codes that I assume I can't use now and yeeeeah. So many points I could have, but choose not to.

Actually old codes are still usable. I remember registering a game that I had for a year and half and still worked. :D

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't get much nintendo stuff anymore, however I did build up enough points at one time to get a white club nintendo game case that was leather, it holds about half of my games. Definitely worth the trouble.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    lmfao serious? HOW OLD ARE WE TALKIN HERE?

I only found out about Club Nintendo last year, and when I did, I dug up all my old boxes (3DS and DS games). They all still worked IIRC, even the old DS games that I've had for years. I registered my 3DS last year too, and I got that thing when it launched in like 2011.

So, in summation, pretty old. :P

Yukari

lmfao serious? HOW OLD ARE WE TALKIN HERE?
    I registered my copy of Pokemon White that I bought back in 2011. Given that they probably let you register games as long as they still have a club Nintendo pin.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, I think you can always register a code, no matter how old it is.

But coins do expire. :/ Last year I had to try to spend a bunch of mine before a batch of them expired and there were no good prizes to bother with. I don't remember what I ended up getting--oh, yes I do. I got the pink Animal Crossing 3DS pouch. I already own two 3DS cases, though, so I didn't have a use for it until I realized the other week that my PSP fits in the pouch, lmao. So now it's my PSP holder. :P

The best thing I've ever gotten from Club Nintendo was a little mini yearly calendar where they misspelled November as "Nobember". I still laugh when I think about it. They offered to replace the typo'd version with another one but I think it was much better with the typo.

Years
  • Thanks for reminding me to register Pokemon and my 2DS!

I always cash out on the poster sets and t-shirts. Luckily they never sell out of medium xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Already stated here in this thread, but to elaborate and confirm...

Yes, your Coins do indeed expire.

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2014, they will expire on June 30, 2016.

Also, Club Nintendo codes don't expire. The key here is that they're Club Nintendo codes. Prior to Club Nintendo, Nintendo ran a very similar program called "My Nintendo". So, if you have some really old codes like from the GameCube era, you can still register your games and they'll display as being owned by you - but you will not earn any Coins for them.

Best things I got through Club Nintendo are NES Remix, a Mario cap, a small statuette of Mario characters, and a big ? block

Back