• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Nice! I really like the concept of Morphtronics, but it's a shame that we can't normal summon them in defense mode. =/ However, I did make a Power-Tool Dragon deck that runs off a Junk Synchron engine, haha.

As for my main decks, I'm currently running Blackwings, Sharks, Synchrons, and Karakuris. *casually notices that you also use Karakuris* xD
    Oh, and I'm trying to learn how to use Scraps, but they're really difficult to get the hang of.

Also... YES! Another YGOPro user! *cheers* (Now we need at least one more person for that seemingly unreachable tournament. O_O)
    Thats why I run 1 Morphtronic Monitron, when you normal summon you can switch them to defense mode. You can also run Book of Taiyou, set the monster, then activate taiyou. But most of the time you want the attack effect anyways. I also love No Entry + Morphtronic Map = So much boost!!!

I do somewhat like Karakuri's, but I don't quite know them well, I just click random stuff and probably mess up plays, but their pretty cool. Interested in Blackwings, but I think I might do Raid Rapters instead.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Thats why I run 1 Morphtronic Monitron, when you normal summon you can switch them to defense mode. You can also run Book of Taiyou, set the monster, then activate taiyou. But most of the time you want the attack effect anyways. I also love No Entry + Morphtronic Map = So much boost!!!

I do somewhat like Karakuri's, but I don't quite know them well, I just click random stuff and probably mess up plays, but their pretty cool. Interested in Blackwings, but I think I might do Raid Rapters instead.

Ah, you've got a point. I completely forgot about Monitron, but it does sound pretty handy. Did you hear about the new Morphtronic Smartfon from the SECE set?

At first, I was confused with Karakuris as well (because you're forced to attack with them, haha), but then they eventually grew on me. I really like how they have a unique, decent draw engine through changing their battle positions, and they can also pull off some pretty crazy shenanigans (though not to the extent of Blackwings).

Yeah, I actually had plans to pick up Raid Raptors myself, because Rank-Up Magics are pretty fun to play with. I don't think they'll end up being as strong as Blackwings, but they still are a force to be reckoned with.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Ah, you've got a point. I completely forgot about Monitron, but it does sound pretty handy. Did you hear about the new Morphtronic Smartfon from the SECE set?

At first, I was confused with Karakuris as well (because you're forced to attack with them, haha), but then they eventually grew on me. I really like how they have a unique, decent draw engine through changing their battle positions, and they can also pull off some pretty crazy shenanigans (though not to the extent of Blackwings).

Yeah, I actually had plans to pick up Raid Raptors myself, because Rank-Up Magics are pretty fun to play with. I don't think they'll end up being as strong as Blackwings, but they still are a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, its kinda like a celfon but to the hand, and a tuner. Though I don't go for Synchros, I rely on Boomboxen/Boarden/Map, direct attacks. Synchro plays confuse me in general, alas Karakuri's, but their pretty cool so I fogive them. Its too bad Tribute Lanius only works for quickplay-rank up spells, because that could really become a staple card otherwise in a few decks. I just like the name Raid Rapters really, haven't really looked into rank-ups, I know Spellbooks are good, but I usually leave those out of my spellcaster decks as well.. I'm a simple player haha.

Meadow

Years
    Yeah, its kinda like a celfon but to the hand, and a tuner. Though I don't go for Synchros, I rely on Boomboxen/Boarden/Map, direct attacks. Synchro plays confuse me in general, alas Karakuri's, but their pretty cool so I fogive them. Its too bad Tribute Lanius only works for quickplay-rank up spells, because that could really become a staple card otherwise in a few decks. I just like the name Raid Rapters really, haven't really looked into rank-ups, I know Spellbooks are good, but I usually leave those out of my spellcaster decks as well.. I'm a simple player haha.

Ah, the direct attack strategy kinda reminds me of my own Legendary Ocean deck, haha.

True, I really wish it could fetch out Limited Barian's Force. Oh, well. At least it can grab Quick Chaos, so you might be able to pull off some Dark Knight shenanigans. Too bad you would need Ark Knight on the field prior to that, due to its restriction saying that you can only summon Raid Raptors for the rest of the turn.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have no clue what Raid Raptors do, but I've been told to put the one released Xyz into Harpies lol.

Also, Secret Forces for TCG has been released! I preordered a box so I'm super excited. The Ritual Beasts are going for pretty cheap, so I can pick them up for pretty little if I can't pull them all. The Nekroz though are looking pretty ridiculous (Brionac for +$80). And I was a little sad that E-Tele didn't get a reprint, though Vanity's Emptiness did, so rejoice irl players and pick up a playset for less than $100 for the first time in a long time haha.

Meadow

Years
    Wait, aren't the boxes usually $60 to $80, or is that for core boosters?

I usually buy singles, because I can't afford to get an entire box for each set, haha. Anyways, I'm glad that there's finally an Abyss Dweller reprint, but I wonder what the relative price will be. =/

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I got mine when it was $60-70, now they're heading upwards of $80. I think initially they're the same as the core sets.

And I feel ya, most of the sets aren't worth getting a box anyways. But yeah from what I've seen, Abyss Dweller's hovering around $2-3, so not bad at all. Preparation of Rites, Vanity's, all the reprints are pretty low.

Meadow

Years
    Haha, true. It's usually not worth it unless you're lucky enough to pull a card that's literally as expensive as the box. O_O (or if you like everything in the entire set, but I don't think that usually happens)

Abyss Dweller's hovering around $2-3

WHAAAAAT? Must. Grab. Before it's too late... lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Hey, great to have you here! {:3}

So I take it that you're a Six Samurai player? They have access to some pretty darn good Synchros, like Shi En and Naturia Beast, haha.

I have a warrior deck with six samurai in it but it isnt full blown six samurai
    I dont buy full decks i buy packs and try to make my own decks i find that to be more fun
    I have never looked online for recipes ever

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I recently decided that I'm going to make a non-Xyz Gagaga deck. Reason being, I play with a friend who abhors the existence of Xyz and whenever I use a card like Volcasaurus, Utopia Ray Victory, or (strangely) Utopia Beyond- pretty much anything that has an effect that's beneficial to me, he calls BS (and don't even get him started on Pendulums). So, to alleviate the annoyance, I decided to start creating some unconventional decks that work for non-meta purposes but are still tactically sound. That, and I'm a big fan of the Gagaga cards (the Spellcasters mostly, but the archetype as a whole is pretty fun).

As a result, I'm wondering if you guys can recommend anything that can support these guys and their level changing escapades. I currently run a mostly Gagaga-centric deck, but because this current deck is for getting out Xyz, I'm not exactly sure what kind of cards I could use to make the Gagagas themselves a force to be reckoned with. Again, this is mostly unconventional, so I'm not planning on making a devastating Six Samurai destroyer, but I thought this would be a fun project.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Six samurai destroyer? Well i could try and help idk how helpful this will be it depends on how many different ones the opponent has. Looking at my deck which has a decent amount of them.
    I have issues if my opponent can stop me from keeping more than 1 type of six samuri on the field they are far less powerful so far the ones i see the most are ones that target element and level at least that my personal expierience

Also are synchro monsters allowed by your friend? If so use them i think lvl changing could work with them

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well that's where we get into a personal conflict. To this day, I've never used a Synchro monster. And it's not that I don't like them, nor do I have anything against them, it's just that I don't...use them. And thinking about it now, I don't own any.

That said, the ace of Gagaga decks, Gagaga Magician, can't be used in Synchro summons.

Meadow

Years
    I recently decided that I'm going to make a non-Xyz Gagaga deck. Reason being, I play with a friend who abhors the existence of Xyz and whenever I use a card like Volcasaurus, Utopia Ray Victory, or (strangely) Utopia Beyond- pretty much anything that has an effect that's beneficial to me, he calls BS (and don't even get him started on Pendulums). So, to alleviate the annoyance, I decided to start creating some unconventional decks that work for non-meta purposes but are still tactically sound. That, and I'm a big fan of the Gagaga cards (the Spellcasters mostly, but the archetype as a whole is pretty fun).

As a result, I'm wondering if you guys can recommend anything that can support these guys and their level changing escapades. I currently run a mostly Gagaga-centric deck, but because this current deck is for getting out Xyz, I'm not exactly sure what kind of cards I could use to make the Gagagas themselves a force to be reckoned with. Again, this is mostly unconventional, so I'm not planning on making a devastating Six Samurai destroyer, but I thought this would be a fun project.

To be honest, that's kinda like playing a video game while not being allowed to use half the buttons on the controller. However, I can't turn my back on this, so I'll do my best to help construct this deck!

First off, you want to shut down the opponent as much as possible, so if you can't access your own Xyz monsters, you might as well use 3 copies of Vanity's Emptiness, which prevents both players from special summoning. Next, you definitely want to stock up on Forbidden Lance, as you can choose to either lower your opponent's monster's attack points OR save your monster from a spell/trap effect. Also, since this isn't a meta deck or anything, I definitely recommend using the Quick Spell Shrink, as it can be a life saver by halving a monster's attack points. Other cards that would be nice to throw in include Magic Cylinder, Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison, or even Axe of Despair, since Gagaga monsters have rather low attack points. And since you said that your friend doesn't like Xyz monsters, I'd say throw in Gravity Bind for sure, which stops high-leveled monsters from attacking. Oh, and since this is a Gagaga-themed deck, you might want to take advantage of Gagagabolt and Raigeki.

As for monsters, you should use Gagaga Caesar as your main beater, since he's level 3 and has the most attack points. Also, he's the most consistent since you can search him out with Reinforcement of the Army. Gagaga Gardna is another nice card that can be searched out by ROTA, and it can save you from direct attacks as well as benefit from ATK boosts. Since your monsters can't really shine with their effects, I'd say that Skill Drain and Forbidden Chalice are incredibly important cards, especially the former, since they can lock down your opponent from using pesky effects, and the latter can increase your attack for no drawback (since their effects won't matter).

This was all I could think of for now, but I'll look further into this later and let you know when I find out any more important information. Heck, I could even do some extensive testing with this deck on YGOPro and give you the results. Good luck!

(Wow, I got ninja'd three times while typing this up. xD)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome Gabethegreen to the club!

@machomuu: Revise covered a lot of good stuff. The one thing I thought of in common with him is Gravity Bind. With no Xyz, you could take advantage of it, especially with Magician being able to lower itself below level 4. Then you can use Equip Spells to poke for damage. Opti-Camouflage Armor is actually really interesting on Magician.

Besides that, there's some more generic Spellcaster support like Magician's Valkyria, Secret Village of the Spellcasters, etc.

It's a tough deck to play without Xyz for sure.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Thanks guys, that helps alot!

I'll definitely look into those cards. Gravity Bind, Gagagabolt, and Mirror Force are musts. I'd add Dimensional Prison, but that's money I don't have. And really I can't be too thrifty with a deck that is mostly repurposed and unpractical, but I can find replacements if necessary. Vanity's Emptiness is partially this, though I can certainly this as well, but also because I'll probably be bringing in more than one Gagaga at a time to make use of Caesar.

I've also considered running Gagaga support cards that would otherwise be run as 0 or 1, such as Gagagatag, which puts Gagaga Caesar at 2800 for a good two turns (well, 2300, but considering Caesar can't attack alone, the likely scenario for him being on the field is there being another Gagaga, putting him at that). Gagagawind is a possibility as well...though it's really only good for getting out two cards (Sister and Caesar), since the other two cards in the Gagaga TCG, Clerk and Child, can both special summon themselves.

I am slightly hesitant to add Spellcaster support, though. If I go pure Gagaga, I can put more focus on the spellcasters I have and, as a result, decrease my monster count and deck size. I may even consider running Cowboy (and Samurai, if it comes to the TCG); it's an Xyz, but apart from its being a generic staple, a pure Gagaga deck would be less than complete without it- that, and I'd be able to jump over the level limits I inevitably put on myself with GB or Level Limit - Area B. I'll probably also add 2 or 3 The A. Forces as Caesar can certainly benefit from this and Clerk (who is normally at 400) can become at least a temporary force when compounded with Gagagatag.

It's...messy, currently, but that's all from my head. I haven't actually gotten to put this to the test yet. Though a part of me is also considering combining Gagaga's and Dododo's, since I feel they're the strongest Gagaga support (well, strongest as in they allow for the most versatile Xyz in a timely manner, especially thanks to Onomatopaira, but they also have a good deal of strength and can be brought manipulated and brought onto the field easily both with and without the use of Dododo Witch). But regardless, thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do with this, and boy...this'll be a bumpy ride.

Meadow

Years
    Thanks guys, that helps alot!

I'll definitely look into those cards. Gravity Bind, Gagagabolt, and Mirror Force are musts. I'd add Dimensional Prison, but that's money I don't have. And really I can't be too thrifty with a deck that is mostly repurposed and unpractical, but I can find replacements if necessary. Vanity's Emptiness is partially this, though I can certainly this as well, but also because I'll probably be bringing in more than one Gagaga at a time to make use of Caesar.

I've also considered running Gagaga support cards that would otherwise be run as 0 or 1, such as Gagagatag, which puts Gagaga Caesar at 2800 for a good two turns (well, 2300, but considering Caesar can't attack alone, the likely scenario for him being on the field is there being another Gagaga, putting him at that). Gagagawind is a possibility as well...though it's really only good for getting out two cards (Sister and Caesar), since the other two cards in the Gagaga TCG, Clerk and Child, can both special summon themselves.

I am slightly hesitant to add Spellcaster support, though. If I go pure Gagaga, I can put more focus on the spellcasters I have and, as a result, decrease my monster count and deck size. I may even consider running Cowboy (and Samurai, if it comes to the TCG); it's an Xyz, but apart from its being a generic staple, a pure Gagaga deck would be less than complete without it- that, and I'd be able to jump over the level limits I inevitably put on myself with GB or Level Limit - Area B. I'll probably also add 2 or 3 The A. Forces as Caesar can certainly benefit from this and Clerk (who is normally at 400) can become at least a temporary force when compounded with Gagagatag.

It's...messy, currently, but that's all from my head. I haven't actually gotten to put this to the test yet. Though a part of me is also considering combining Gagaga's and Dododo's, since I feel they're the strongest Gagaga support (well, strongest as in they allow for the most versatile Xyz in a timely manner, especially thanks to Onomatopaira, but they also have a good deal of strength and can be brought manipulated and brought onto the field easily both with and without the use of Dododo Witch). But regardless, thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do with this, and boy...this'll be a bumpy ride.

No problem! I forgot to mention the single most important card in this deck, which you should have three copies of: Pot of Duality. This card will greatly increase your consistency, as it lets you look at the top three cards of your deck, and then you get to pick one of those three to add to your hand. The only drawback is that you can't special summon during that turn, but hey, this isn't an Xyz deck anymore, so that drawback is almost nullified.

With Non-Xyz Gagagas. I think your best bet is to go with the Caesar Beatdown route, which I highlighted in the last post. I forgot to mention a couple of cards that will greatly aid this deck type: Burden of the Mighty and The Seal of Orichalcos. The former is a continuous spell that reduces ALL of your opponent's monsters' attack points by 100x their own level, which will give your Caesar and even Magician the upper hand (and I believe that using more than one copy will stack the effects). The latter is a really good field spell that increases all of your monsters' ATK by 500, and it can survive a Mystical Space Typhoon once per turn. For equip cards, I would have suggested Fusion Sword Murasame Blade in a Warrior build, but I know that you like Gagaga Magician, so you should stick with Axe of Despair for raw power.

Now of course I'm not gonna force any of these cards on you, since this is your deck and all, but I strongly suggest that you get YGOPro to test your deck for consistency before you actually buy any of those cards. On YGOPro, you don't necessarily have to play with another human player since there's a built-in A.I. mode, so you can keep changing things up and test to your heart's content. (And yes, YGOPro is free, haha.)

Also, may I ask what kind of deck your friend uses? I might be able to suggest some side deck options based on your answer.

***Okay, I promise not to go this far off-topic again, but this is technically still related to Yu-G-Oh, so I might as well let it out. Your Vector signature somehow reminded me of this picture:
    Spoiler:

IMPORTANT EDIT: How embarrassing... I was doing a little bit of testing a few minutes ago, and I literally just found out that Caesar has a huge restriction on when he can attack. Sorry about that! I'll redesign the deck from scratch, and I'll let you know if there's any luck. =/

Last edited:
    Back