• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

code help! plz...

Lugia

The Gaurdian of THE world!
Years
  • plz can someone tell me something bout the vertical marquee code....
    or plz could u give it to me.....
    i need it urgently...
    thanks...

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • All that JavaScript for a marquee? That's not efficient. I would have just used a marquee tag.

Code:
    <marquee direction="down" height="50" width="300">This is my vertically scrolling  text.</marquee>

Where "direction" can equal:
    "up"
    "down"
    "left"
    "right"

In your case, you would use "up" or "down."

Height and width can be any numerical value in pixels.

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
  • Yeah, that Marquee tag is right. And thats the easiest and most efficient one I know, you can also change the time and the way the marquee moves, but thats for another day :P. Thnx for the help HH.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • You could put the image between the marquee tags, I suppose. It might be jerky depending on how you set it.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • It depends on how you set the scrollDelay and scrollAmount values. If you run it too fast (scrollAmount), it can seem to flicker. If you run in too slowly (scrollDelay), then it appears jerky. If you stay with default values, it should be fine as Simone said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    BTW that marquee tag doesn't work in all browsers (it's an IE propritery tag) so that javascript might be a better option for cross browser compatibility.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • pokesph said:
    BTW that marquee tag doesn't work in all browsers (it's an IE propritery tag) so that javascript might be a better option for cross browser compatibility.

Some people choose to turn off JavaScript on their browsers. It's very difficult to optimise your site for all browsers, since there can be so many slight variences between browsers and options set therein. You could always indicate that the site is optimised for MSIE, as it should be. To my knowledge, it is the most widely used browser.

You could include a button, like the one below, with a link to a download of MSIE. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Back