• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code Lyoko

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
  • Hey There

I've been recently thinking about this so, Does anyone else watch or has watched the show "Code Lyoko" for when it was on Cartoon Network? :)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I now they had it on tv here, and I remember really liking it, although I remember next to nothing about it. I know there is a live-action thingy on tv now, and as far as I heard, it isn't great.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was reaaally into Code Lyoko when it came out here in the States. It was when I first started using the Internet, and I remember my first username having 'Lyoko' in it lol...

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • I now they had it on tv here, and I remember really liking it, although I remember next to nothing about it. I know there is a live-action thingy on tv now, and as far as I heard, it isn't great.
    You're referring to the new series "Code Lyoko Evolution" and I didn't like it that much either :p

Also, my fave episode from the show was "Temporary Insanity" mainly for when Ulrich tried to Jump-kick a freakin' Ambulance xD

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    my brother and i used to love code lyoko haha I completely forgot about it until i saw the thread name. is it back or something?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I used to love that cartoon but good lord did they have big foreheads.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Code Lyoko? I recall re-watching the entire series a bit over a year ago. The plot wasn't the best, but I still can't help but love it to death.

As for Evolution, I'm not gonna prejudge it or anything, but I only made it through like... 3 episodes or so? I might get back into it eventually, but who knows...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • HERE WE ARE GOING FAR TO SAVE ALL THAT WE LOOOVE
    IF WE GIVE ALL WEVE GOT WE WILL MAKE IT THROOOOUGH
    HERE WE ARE LIKE A STAR SHINING BRIGHT ON YOUR WORLD TODAAAAAY
    MAKE EEEEVIL GO AWAAAAAY

CODE LYOKO IS A THING I WILL LOVE FOREVER OH MY GOD
    i totally watched it as a kid and it was beautiful and last year i watched like the first two seasons in french bc i wanted to rewatch it and thought it would be interesting and it was! i mean the plot isnt the best ever but it really does pick up in season 2 when aelita becomes real again and we get more history there ugh yes

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Code Lyoko was a major part of my childhood, and without it, I wouldn't have become the culturally saturated boy I am today! I mean, the first seasons of the show were just so good, and they inspired me to be creative, so I would do these mind battles as a sort of fan version of how I think battles against Xana's goons could have gone. It was really fun, as it was like writing fan fiction in my head. anyway I'm weird as hell, but it's a really intrinsic part of my childhood at this point, and I wish it hadn't ended.

I loved Yumi so much. Her fans were my favorite weapon in the whole show. Jeremy was also cool, but only after he got his new, yellow suit and dual blades or whatever. everyone post-upgrade was so freaking cool and stylin'...

probono

Angel's Light, That Beams Beyond the Spheres
    Years
  • loved it as a kid. it's what's keeping from rewatching it today because i know it'll probably be terrible and ruin the magic.
    also 4heads fo' days

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I watched a number of episodes years back. Haven't seen it around, but a lack of pay TV probably has something to do with that. =p I enjoyed what I saw, but I didn't see what happened when the two worlds started to overlap. Now I'm curious on how it ended, haha.

And yes, they did have large foreheads.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Probably my favourite show as a child. Never saw it all though; suppose I should sometime.

my brother and i used to love code lyoko haha I completely forgot about it until i saw the thread name. is it back or something?
    Apparently a new season/reboot/something is (or was, if it's been released already) in production.

Reactions: dad

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Yes, I've seen Code Lyoko. I recently rewatched it several times, so I can remember it well. It was better than I remembered and I especially liked the later seasons which I never got to see when I was younger. It was a nice show. Not my favorite and not the best, but I still enjoy it a lot. Especially Aelita. She's the character I like the most due to her awesome pink hair, her voice, and the romance with Jeremy. It was so cute and in the beginning, their eagerness to make their romance a reality really reminded me of a lot of internet relationships I've been in. One of the few representations I've seen of that.

Also, the music in the show is fantastic. I've tried to find some of the background tracks that I particularly enjoyed, but was unable to without sound effects in the background. (I really like William's theme when he shows up. It makes him super threatening and gives me this feeling of dread whenever I hear it.)

Years
  • I miss Code Lyoko a lot. I was a kid when it came on.

My favorite character was that cat-like guy. Forgot his name but he was my favorite. I barely remember anything when it came on, but I remember that desert-like world they'd go in.

I miss Code Lyoko a lot. I was a kid when it came on.

My favorite character was that cat-like guy. Forgot his name but he was my favorite. I barely remember anything when it came on, but I remember that desert-like world they'd go in.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • My favorite character was that cat-like guy. Forgot his name but he was my favorite.

Hmm... I believe you're referring to "Odd," as I can't remember another cat-like character in the show.

Spoiler:

This guy, right? If so, then yes, his name is "Odd."

Back