• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Introduction Well, I have been playing alot lately with new teams. I thought to myself, what about a totally offensive team? Heres my attempt, lets give it a go.

The Team

Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.

_______​

Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Adamant Nature / Clear Body
    252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake / Thunder Punch

Comments- I love this lead, I usually get my rocks up. I'm debating EQ or Thunderpunch, defiantley need help with that. Lum berry to get rid of annyoing status, Meteor Mash for STAB. SR for obvious reasons, and Explosion for a last resort.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature / Pressure
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - ThunderBolt
    - Heat Wave / HP [Ice]

Comments- Not much to say here, defensive roost. Still thinking Heat Wave or HP, help me choose.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature / Adaptability
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - HP [Fighting]

Comments- I love Porgy. It's reliable with Choice Specs, KOing alot of commom threats. HP [Fighting] for Weavile and Tyranitar.

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature/ Pressure
    252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard
    - Aerial Ace
    - Brick Break

Comments- My revenge killer. Pretty standard, thinking about replacing Expert Belt with Life Orb.

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 Def/252 SpA/6 Spe
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Ice Beam
    Wish

Comments- Thanks to Vance for this set. It takes down a few of my weaknesses.

Staraptor @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature / Intimidate
    252 Att/ 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Close Combat
    - Brave Bird
    - Return
    - U-Turn

Comments- I had realized after a couple rounds with this team that it needed a flying type. Not Zapdos, but someone with a poweful flying move and something that could take down steels. That is Staraptor. Close Combat and Brave Bird are standard, Return for Stab, and U-Turn for a quick get out.

Threat List
    • Weavile- This is kind of managed, Metagross can survive a hit from him and then pummel with MM.
    • Dugtrio- Also slightly managed, Azumarill's Aqua Jet can take care of it.
    • Gyarados- Eek! Only Zapdos can take it down, unless I sub something on Gross for Stone Edge.
    • Tyranitar- After Gross, Weavile, and Staraptor go down theres no stopping it.
    • Gengar- I don't know what do about him, need suggestions.
    Thanks for Rating!

Last edited:

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years

• Cody B's Attempt at a New Team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature / Pressure
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - ThunderBolt
    - Heat Wave / HP [Ice]

Comments- Not much to say here, defensive roost. Still thinking Heat Wave or HP, help me choose.
    Heat Wave for the last move, you might as well since you're using Bold nature, this way it can kill off the thing's it'll be facing off such as Scizor and Lucario.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature / Adaptability
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - HP [Fighting]

Comments- I love Porgy. It's reliable with Choice Scarf, outspeeding alot of commom threats. HP [Fighting] for Weavile and Tyranitar.
    Timid nature on Scarf Porygon Z isn't any good.

It's a real waste since it's outspeeding absolutely nothing it can't already outspeed with running Modest Max Speed, while in the mean time you're giving up 36 stat points of power.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
    Jolly Nature/ Pressure
    40 HP / 252 Att / 216 Spe
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch
    - Aerial Ace
    - Brick Break

Comments- My revenge killer. Pretty standard, thinking about replacing Expert Belt with Life Orb.
    4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

The 40 HP Evs achieve nothing, Weavile wants Max speed to try to take out other Weavile that may run this spread. Ice Shard > Ice Punch otherwise DDMence beats you.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature / Huge Power
    252 Att / 212 HP / 44 Spe
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Focus Punch
    - Double-Edge

Comments- I love Azumarill, he's my favorite pokemon. Now with STAB, this pokemon is extremely powerful. I will only change it if I really need to.
    Azumarill gets easier access to Superpower thanks to the Move Tutors so it's a viable option over Focus Punch which requires prediction, where as Superpower is ready to go at any time.

Years
  • Ok, I agree with most of the comments, although the 40 HP EVs on Weavile are there to take a Flamethrower from Azelf. Since most run Fire Blast, you may as well go 252/252. Ice Shard also helps with Skymin, whom you need to be prepared for.

As for Azumarril, I prefer to run Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Superpower/Return or Ice Punch.

Zetta-Chan

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks guys, I'll make those changes to Weavile. I believe if you breed Aqua Jet you are locked into Double-Edge and Focus Punch, so I don't think I could breed Ice punch in there.

EDIT: Changing Porgy to Specs set.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Does Magnezone devastate yourself (and not few) if it has if it is endowed with HP Fire (You will say '' I have Weawile '', him but who leaves Magnezone in front of Weawile?), could you do big work to abbatere the Bronzongs, Calmkou it unswathes your team.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • Ok, I agree with most of the comments, although the 40 HP EVs on Weavile are there to take a Flamethrower from Azelf.

It's meant to take an unboosted Flamethrower, no Life Orb with Timid Nature in other words, which a good amount of sets still use. Even a 4 HP Weavile can take an unboosted Flamethrower from Azelf, so there's no reason whatsoever to use the 40 HP Smogon suggests.

EDIT: Azumarill really would be better off with Superpower > Focus Punch, less hassle with predicting, the attack drop doesn't matter since there's no way you'll be able to sweep with Focus Punch either, you'll have to switch out after using that as well.

Zetta-Chan

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Does Magnezone devastate yourself (and not few) if it has if it is endowed with HP Fire (You will say '' I have Weawile '', him but who leaves Magnezone in front of Weawile?), could you do big work to abbatere the Bronzongs, Calmkou it unswathes your team.

Umm what think your tring to say is that I have a weakness to Magnezone? Zapdos resists all Magny's moves and has Heat Wave. Staraptor OHKO's Magy with Close Combat.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Umm what think your tring to say is that I have a weakness to Magnezone? Zapdos resists all Magny's moves and has Heat Wave. Staraptor OHKO's Magy with Close Combat.
    All of You except Hidden Power Ice.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ironically, a Nasty Plot / Vacuum Wave / Flamethrower / Grass Knot Infernape can seriously dent this team. Azumarill is your only insurance, and since it doesn't trap it, it can switch out. Vacuum Wave OHKO's Weavile, and'll still 2HKO Azumarill with Stealth Rock up. You also have no Gyarados insurance, which is not good. Vaporeon takes on both of these threats, so pick your poison; Azumarill or Vaporeon. Vaporeon can still make an excellent Specs user:

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 Def/252 SpA/6 Spe
    Surf/Hydro Pump
    HP Electric
    Ice Beam
    Wish

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Heat Wave over HP Ice on Zapdos to counter Scizor and dent Steels who don't care about Toxic.

Download is superior to Adaptability, as you get a boost to all attacks instead of one. Also Timid w. Specs, outrunning base 100s.

Weavile is far superior with the Life Orb for power, I don't see what Expert Belt achieves as Weavile falls when struck anyway. Expert Belt is and only ever was good for Electivire. Night Slash/Ice Shard/Pursuit/Brick Break as moveset.

Focus Punch is now absolute garbage on Azumarill when Superpower is available via Platinum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Firstly, the way offensive teams succeed is using bulky sweepers which cover each others weaknesses efficiently. This team...not so much.

No Dark resist means weaknesses to Weavile and Tyranitar are stapled onto this team's label, a good bulky resistor such as Machamp can help somewhat. This also provides a status absorber which the team lacks.

Dugtrio is a Pokemon teams can't be weak to, it only ever kills what it knows it can and nothing else. Gengar it kind of hard to counter anyways, but made easier due to Hypnosis now sucking. Gyarados has no counter here, nothing can take repeated hits, Azumarill isn't really a counter. Due to Gyarados weakness, slap Kingdra on as a 5th weak. Vaporeon counters Gyara and provides Wish Support, slap Specs on it if you wish.

Zetta-Chan

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks for the comments guys, replacing Azumarill for Vaporeon. Also adding Life Orb to Weavile, and maybe be subbing Staraptor for Machamp or Lucario. Any suggestions?

Back