• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cold Iron? Why not Hot Iron, or Wet Iron?

Izarinoi:Akira

Master of Iron
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Greetings, Pokémon fans and trainers!

For a while since I knew of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire I planned to set it aside because I honestly did not show much interest in playing through a region and story which I had already known for a long time....

... but I changed my mind after watching an entire playthough start to finish, including the Delta Episode! Even though it is mostly the same story as in the original Ruby and Sapphire, after seeing all the differences I decided to see for myself what I could do with them!

And so today, I started playing on Alpha Sapphire and after only one hour and already I am hooked, just as I was with Pokémon X last year, and I am amazed that the Super Training and Pokémon Amie from X and Y are still here in ΩR&αS !

Aside from that, I shall now explain the "Iron" that I have shown: while this may not be obvious, Izarino- (IPA: [ɪˈʒaɾɪno]) and the word iron come from the same root, Proto-Celtic *isarno-, and there are cognates of this word in various Germanic and Celtic languages, such as German Eisen and Irish iarann, among others. Now you may be wondering what is so great about iron that I would identify this strongly with it? When I see Pokémon like Scizor and Durant I think about their steel exoskeletons, and if I could imagine myself with one like theirs, I could tolerate cold and windy environments much more easily, right? But it's no good in hot or wet weather, and that is why I imagine an ideal self with two different forms, an igneous (Fire-type) form, and an aqueous (Water-type) form, changing between them based on the immediate environment, so the aqueous form would be well-suited for rain and swimming, and the igneous form on a dry, sunny day or in a desert. Someday I may post art of what these may look like, as words can only say so much.....

Years
    And greetings back to you, Izarinoi! It's really nice to see you, and hopefully your day is going well.

Also, it's cool to see you went from someone who wasn't overly interested in OR/AS but now you are enjoying the games thanks to watching LP's on YouTube! I still haven't played them yet, although I do plan on doing so in the near future given Hoenn was my first region in terms of which Pokemon games I played so yeah I'll be dealing with a nostalgia trip once I start playing. You can check out the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire board if you're interested in the topics based around the new games, but visit whatever board pleases you!

PC may be very diverse, but that's what makes us unique as a community and I'm sure you will love everything about this forum. I guess I'll leave it here for now, but have a nice weekend and I'll see you around the forums! Feel free to shoot a visitor message if you want to talk.

- Hikamaru

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Joyous hello to you friend, and it's fabulous to have you here, and to personally meet you, Izarinoi! Welcome to the forums! That is a really great username; and its pretty interesting! Though I never really thought of Steel pokemon in that manner - I always thought that they were steeled hard both inside and out? Maybe? Well, theories left and right, but yeah, maybe we all have some kind of fire or water type within ourselves. ♥

Its really cool that you're loving OR/AS! I'm also really impressed with it too, from the music, to just the general nostalgically of the game from the third Gen and oh gods the 3rd gen was a personal favourite of mine! You can check out boards like the OR/AS board if you want to have some discussion about the games there. Don't be shy on checking out wherever else pleases you too! ^^

Its been really great getting to know you! If you need any help or tips about the forum, please feel free to ask on the forums or VM/PM me! And maybe we can chat sometime and be really great friends too; you can send me a friend request anytime! See you again. :3

Words can definitely say so much.. and I'm the type of person who highly prefers visuals. Stories are the bomb but being able to see things without having to get a picture into your head is pretty darn awesome, heh. Maybe pick up a pencil/tablet and whip something up? c; Assuming you're able.

Anyways, welcome welcome, Akira. n~n So glad you're enjoying OR/AS, I was already a huge Hoenn and R/S/E fan having poured 300+ hours into those games yet these were still great to go through. True to the originals but at the same time has that fresh and different feel as it's in an entirely new generation with updated features and sparkly new content. Be sure to discuss those games in our OR&AS board if you're interested, all right?

Have a blast! I'm happy to chat anytime so shoot me a message if you'd like.

Master of Iron
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    -Dragon-
    You can call me Akira ; I put Izarinoi in front so that it's sorted in the 'I' list.
    Regarding the Steel-types, being "steeled inside and out" seems to me more like Magnezone and Bronzong as they're completely inorganic, as opposed to Scizor and Durant which are basically insects in a steel shell. It's the latter case, with steel shells, about which any organic creature, such as a (enhanced) human, may belong, although I've read many articles about cyborgs and limb replacements that are essentially metallic, but I wouldn't really want those unless they're so good that voluntary amputation may be worthwhile, but that's still futurist speculation at this moment, though that won't stop me from drawing something of the sort!

I normally don't experience feelings of nostalgia with past generations, at least regarding the graphics and gameplay; almost as soon as I started playing Pokémon X even the fifth generation seemed obsolete to me. Of course, it's different with the storyline and characters, and now that I think about it, I'm glad the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire came in the 6th generation, rather than the 5th as many were expecting ever since the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver! And when I go on the ROM hacks section, I am amazed that most haven't gone past the third generation!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    -Dragon-
    You can call me Akira ; I put Izarinoi in front so that it's sorted in the 'I' list.
    Regarding the Steel-types, being "steeled inside and out" seems to me more like Magnezone and Bronzong as they're completely inorganic, as opposed to Scizor and Durant which are basically insects in a steel shell. It's the latter case, with steel shells, about which any organic creature, such as a (enhanced) human, may belong, although I've read many articles about cyborgs and limb replacements that are essentially metallic, but I wouldn't really want those unless they're so good that voluntary amputation may be worthwhile, but that's still futurist speculation at this moment, though that won't stop me from drawing something of the sort!

Ah, okay, Akira!~

Hm, well, yeah, Scizor and Durant I can understand such. I think this was from an old mindset I've cooked up sometime ago, haha. But I learned something new. :3

Oh but, do you draw often too? o:

I normally don't experience feelings of nostalgia with past generations, at least regarding the graphics and gameplay; almost as soon as I started playing Pokémon X even the fifth generation seemed obsolete to me. Of course, it's different with the storyline and characters, and now that I think about it, I'm glad the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire came in the 6th generation, rather than the 5th as many were expecting ever since the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver! And when I go on the ROM hacks section, I am amazed that most haven't gone past the third generation!

Yeah, they've sort of mesh OR/AS well with the Kalos region from X&Y, which I appreciate, though to be honest, it doesn't really do much for it's.. post game. xD

And hm, people have skipped generations of pokemon gaming here and there. Probably because they couldn't afford the handheld console that the future games for DS and 3DS were in. ;__;

Master of Iron
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Ah, okay, Akira!~

Hm, well, yeah, Scizor and Durant I can understand such. I think this was from an old mindset I've cooked up sometime ago, haha. But I learned something new. :3

Oh but, do you draw often too? o:
    I haven't drawn anything for a long time, but I may start someday..

Yeah, they've sort of mesh OR/AS well with the Kalos region from X&Y, which I appreciate, though to be honest, it doesn't really do much for it's.. post game. xD

And hm, people have skipped generations of pokemon gaming here and there. Probably because they couldn't afford the handheld console that the future games for DS and 3DS were in. ;__;
    I haven't skipped an entire generation since the release of Diamond and Pearl but I don't want to return to the graphics and game mechanics of old generations! I wonder if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes may be released before a true seventh generation but with altered graphic designs and gameplay that are characteristic of a generational shift..

Back