• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

College Football Bowl Season

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • What have been your thoughts on it so far and as we get closer to the National Championship?

The bowl season has been kinda eh for me. The Rose Bowl wasn't really good because the Big Ten sucks (I'm a Buckeye fan, I would know), and the Orange Bowl was just blarg.

What hasn't surprised me is the struggles of the Big 12, which has supposedly passed the SEC as the best conference in college football. As bad as the Buckeyes were againsy LSU and especially Florida and USC, Oklahoma was hardly better against USC and LSU just 4 or five years ago. They got demolished by USC like not even we were by Florida, and Saban's LSU squad was equally decisive in their win over the Sooners...yet the Big Ten gets bashed but the Big 12 is not. I know it was awhile ago but I don't recall anything even close to the anti-Big Ten feelings there are now.

Much like Michigan's loss to USC in the Rose Bowl two years ago should have warned us about the coming danger in Florida, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech's struggles should also tell Oklahoma something. to me, the Big 12 is just a prettier version of the slow and smashmouth Big Ten. Needless to say, I think Florida is going to annihilate Oklahoma.

...As much as I like to hate on the Big 12 (because they deserve it, especially given Texas Tech's double-digit loss to Ole Miss today, a team that wasn't even at the top of the SEC), the Big Ten is still worse and the Buckeyes will likely get thrashed by Texas, who is probably the best team in the Big 12 (I don't think it's close, actually...stupid BCS =/) Their defense is a joke but our entire team is even more of one. I'd be stunned if we pull the upset, but happy nonetheless =D

Utah is a more "real" version of Boise State so I think the chances aren't great that they are blown out, but I still wouldn't be surprised. If they were playing Penn State or the Buckeyes then I might pick them, but playing a team as good as the Tide is making me go with Alabama.

...But enough of my mini rant, what do you guys think?

elli

norse god thor
    Years
  • Watching the Sugar Bowl right now... Rooting for mah home state, of course. P: Not so fond of the ref's calls so far though. =\ Those flags they keep calling are biased I think. {Oh, wait. They just gave one on Alabama. HURR.} It's amusing though since Alabama's not getting their 21 pt spread & all their fans are freaking. :B

I'm hoping Utah wins... I've got bets riding on 'em.

Other than this, I don't do college football. xD Just local high school & the Super Bowl.

EDIT: Ho-hoh! What's this? Another touchdown for the Utes? & Alabama's not pleased. :3

EDIT x2: Hoh, SNAP! Wouldja look at that -- 31 to 17. The only undefeated team in the nation.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I guess Alabama can't handle the speeeeeeed of the Mountain West?

This is amusing, and while the SEC is the best conference in college football still, it will sure be fun to bring up in conversation. Alabama rofl

Back