• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colored Cartridges: Would You Welcome Their Return?

Would you support the return of colored media/cartridges on Pokemon games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
  • I know thats no excuse for DP, but for HGSS and BW they can't colour them other than black. The dark black used in HGSS and BW is needed for the infrared to work.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Actually...My cartridge for Black version is indeed, Black. Still, the other DS cartridges seem a bit out of place in comparison to the rest, a bundle of gray in the midst of color, and though their might not be much reason to do so, it would still be nice if their cartridges were specially colored as to say "This is a Pokémon game!"

LOL; that is indeed true about Black Version.

Ever since HG/SS, the cartridges have been a deep transparent red, since they need to be able to send and receive infrared THROUGH THE CARTRIDGE. They can't be any other colour. :(

(Hold them up to an incandescent light (or the sun) and see!)

I know thats no excuse for DP, but for HGSS and BW they can't colour them other than black. The dark black used in HGSS and BW is needed for the infrared to work.

Well, I wouldn't know because I haven't actually held a Pokemon DS cartridge before. XD Thought this is quite the interesting tidbit, and it's a bit strange that a hardware limitation prevents our classic hues from appearing... I guess it's for the better in the situation of those games providing enhanced features, though it kind of sucks. :x

Black and White would have been easy, and they've made such a point to emphasize the difference between them as well...

Yeah; very true.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i would absolutely LOVE to have colored cartridges, like a white black version rom, and black white version rom, purple and blue diamond and perl roms and what not. They would be awesome.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Me wants :)

I especially and really, really want color silver for the third game installment to Gen V series or Gen VI :))

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Haha, yeah, I'd like to see 'em come back. Crystal was the bomb...

At least with B/W the "black" carts looked good. Hopefully we'll get the awesome colors with the inevitable 3DS games.

Years
  • I haven't got any game after Generation 3, so coloured cartridges are the only things I know lol!! :D I voted yes of course, I can't imagine not playing without them, it'd seem so... bland or something lol :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd love it, to be honest. It would be pretty nostalgic for me, and I'm sure it would be for others as well. Plus, I'd be interested to see what other legends would be color paired with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Colored cartridges are pretty awesome, plus, they're easy to identify which game is which. As Charizard mentioned, they can also be nostalgic as well. I would love for them to return.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I don't mind either way, especially now that I bought a few packs of those colored little cases for DS/3DS carts. I don't know about you, I think the colors I picked more or less fit the pattern (maybe except for Black and Black 2 in green cases... because the Matrix :D ) .
    Colored Cartridges: Would You Welcome Their Return?

Years
  • Colored cartridges are pretty awesome, plus, they're easy to identify which game is which. As Charizard mentioned, they can also be nostalgic as well. I would love for them to return.

Yeah this gal made a good point. While I'm alright with the recent generations having black cartridges, I'm alright with colored ones making a return, since they can help us recognize games easier while still having nostalgia in it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't care about the color of the cartridge, I only really care about the games they contain. :P

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • ah yes I remeber these cartridges and my answer would be definitely yes. the cartridges of today are too boring to look at. with the color they were like my personal trophies lol

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    What colors would X and Y be?

I would think they'd be the color of their respective legendary. X would be blue-ish and Y would be reddish pink.

I just really wish they would bring these back. I miss the colored cartridges. Also, it's not that it's impossible for them to make colored cartridges for the new games, either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back