• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Columbia Mall Shooting

blue

gucci
Years
  • "Three people have been killed in a shooting at a shopping centre in Maryland in the US, police say.

The deaths took place at a mall in the Baltimore suburb of Columbia.

Police found three people dead at the scene, including one - believed to be the shooter - who was near a gun and ammunition.

There is no further information about the victims or the motive for the attack.

The centre, about 45 minutes outside the US capital Washington DC, is a popular weekend shopping destination."

~ BBC News.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Truly tragic. And yet, this leads me to the question on a lot of people's mind. How many more shootings and innocent life lost until something changes?

Years
  • Yikes, didn't find out about this until it was mentioned on chat.

But that is pretty sad, it's terrible that we've had another shooting. =( Something needs to be done about gun control already.

Years
  • I think it's a bit too early for the question posed. People may not be ready for the responses. Let's just mourn the loss of some victims for the time being.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • For how long will be mass-shootings in the US still be considered 'news'? It's like they happen every week now.

Which is not surprising, since free guns for everyone. If there is a reason I don't want to live over there is the constant sense of danger. And hell, in Argentina I'm scared I'm going to get mugged at any time- in the US, I'd be terrified anybody could just just pull out a gun and kill me on the spot. Do not want.

Years
  • Holy ****, that mall is literally 5 miles away from my house. I actually went there with my mom 2 days ago...

scary... and I thought this was just an average suburb. On a regulary day I would've been just jaded, but the fact that it's so close to house and the news about this being everywhere locally definitely made it a bit uneasy for me.

Last edited:
    Back