• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I got my 5th badge today. :D

vs
099.gif
Spoiler:
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 40
Nature: Modest
Ability: Oblivious
Powder Snow, Psychic, Fake Out, Nasty Plot

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Finally my quest for finding and capturing a real 4"4Hy has paid off. But thanks to the super annoying Missingno. with Super Glitch,
lWLbAgo.png
ih2R0nA.png
gLAmJ7K.png
53IuCs7.png

it turned out to take a lot longer than I expected.
But It's here!
4No8Xxs.png
PemOcEY.png

MnCkhAk.png
9ruBc3h.png

Now I think I'm ready to trade it over!
OR I would like to do it by the mew glitch, then having a link battle with the right special stat in order to really capture it on the save I'm going to play on. But so far it's looking promising, I hope to have begun the real challenge in my next update :)

Also, I think I'm going to evolve it into a Q when it gets past the super glitch level, but I would like to do it before it learns TM09(the move), because that might be interesting :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I was planning on posting this yesterday, but Bugsy's Scyther keeps killing me, even with reflect. Even with the exp. from my rival, it still kills me(U-Turn in my opinion is cheap, but that's my opinion, but I use it myself, so I'm a hyprocrite :p). I'll tell you what happened up to Bugsy. I hung out with Falkner a little longer than expected. Falkner just caught a Hoothoot and a Caterpie(Good luck training that ;)), and we were having a good time. Of course, there is that one bad moment. Korra, unfortunatly, found out about Falkner's house of Pidgeys and Pidgeottos, and made a slaughterhouse out of most of them. Realising how much time has gone by, Falkner and I bid our farewells, apoligizing about the mass murder by Korra. Route 32 was cakewalk, and Union Cave was very easy, although the Koffing trainer did a good job in poisoning Korra. Now Team Rocket was a little harder, the easiest Pokemon to take down obviously being Rattata. Proton almost killed Korra with confusion-hax. After kicking Team Rocket out, I defeated every gym trainer for exp. I also defeated my rival for exp. after losing to Bugsy and resetting three times. Even then, I kept losing. That is where I'll end for now, time to grind. Question for James: When I go to grind Korra, is it ok if I hack Blissey in to train against or is it against the rules? Anyway, Korra the Bayleef is Lvl.23 with: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Synthesis, and Reflect. See you later with a new update.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I guess you're right on that one. :) Well, I might as well do the farfetch'd quest and grind up at the same time, and then again, there is always a point in a Pokemon where you have to grind. Ack. I remember a year ago when I played Pokemon Platinum and did a Torterra solo run, Candice was so annoying, Torterra was Lvl.64 when I first battled her. Torterra could kill every one of her Pokemon except that stupid Froslass, which was 20 levels below Torterra and outsped it with 100% accurate Blizzard. Gwah! I must've lost at least 10-15 times before finally outspeeding Froslass and OHKOing her with Crunch, so I'm not new to this. Just a experience I thought I'd share with you guys. e me if you had a experience like that before too and it's time to grind. Well, hopefully, Lvl.24 will be enough, but if off, I'll keep grinding one level up until Korra defeats Bugsy. See you later with an actually update. :)

Oh, and James, I just noticed. I was just looking at the first page and noticed that under my name, you put one bage for Kanto and none for Johto. That was something I just thought I'd notify you f that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Sign me up!

Pokemon of Choice: Zangoose
Challenge: Single (since I'll be playing DS games only)
Game(s): Black, HeartGold, Platinum, White 2

I'll leave my first update below, playing Pokémon Black:
  • Hacked in the starter to be a Zangoose (Picked Tepig), named him Blades;
  • Reached Accumula Town and beat N;
  • Reached Striaton City, beat Cheren and went to face the gym;
  • 2 Swords Dance was enough for me to beat the first gym leader with Quick Attacks;

Blades
Level 11
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Immunity
Scratch, Leer, Quick Attack, Swords Dance

Last edited:

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
id like to sign up
Pokemon of Choice: Krookodile
Challenge: Single
Game(s): White

actually scrap that challenge ill do a ultimate one
Pokemon of Choice: Ninetales
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Leafgreen, Soulsilver, Sapphire, Platinum, Black2

actually scrap that challenge ill do a ultimate one
Pokemon of Choice: Ninetales
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Leafgreen, Soulsilver, Sapphire, Platinum, Black2

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Just a experience I thought I'd share with you guys. e me if you had a experience like that before too and it's time to grind.

I actually had that on my Tyranitar run as well. Misty was such a killer, so I skipped her until Pupitar had finally become a Tyranitar, lol :P she was still unbeatable until I had grinded up...

But if you're on emulator, speed button is your lifelong friend ^^

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
just come across a problem in my challenge, does anybody know how i can beat Roxanne the gym leader with my vulpix? i just looked up vulpix's move set and didnt see a move i thought could be useful against Roxanne?

Years
As it isn't possible to catch a Growlithe until Lavender Town I hacked one in immediately, and his name is Decimus.
After a little bit of training I challenge my rival Leaf to a battle, and defeated him with moderate effort.
Decimus and I traveled through Viridian Forest to Pewter city. Upon arrival I challenged Brock's Gym, and sadly lost.
So I returned the forest to train Decimus more, upon my second attempt I successfully defeated Brock and obtained the Boulder Badge.
I then continued my journey fighting off trainers and pre-paring for Misty, the water type gym leader.
Prior to challenging Misty I heard rumors about nugget bridge, so I went fourth towards the challenge.
Before I could even get on the bridge Leaf cut me off and challenged me to a pokemon battle. It was rough, but Decimus and I pulled through successfully.
I then proceeded to challenging, and conquering Nugget Bridge.
Afterwards I returned and challenged Misty, I lost the first battle barely, but then returned and defeated her Cascade Badge obtained, now to continue my journey above Nugget Bridge as there's no other exit from Cerulean City.

Progress 2/8 Badges. Fire-Red

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
just come across a problem in my challenge, does anybody know how i can beat Roxanne the gym leader with my vulpix? i just looked up vulpix's move set and didnt see a move i thought could be useful against Roxanne?

Sorry but I guess you're just gonna have to grind a bit. By level 21 Vulpix could learn both Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp which can be very useful against her.

Oh, and James, I just noticed. I was just looking at the first page and noticed that under my name, you put one bage for Kanto and none for Johto. That was something I just thought I'd notify you f that.

Thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it. :)

Sign me up!

Pokemon of Choice: Zangoose
Challenge: Single (since I'll be playing DS games only)
Game(s): Black, Gold, Platinum, White 2

I'll leave my first update below, playing Pokémon Black:
  • Hacked in the starter to be a Zangoose (Picked Tepig), named him Blades;
  • Reached Accumula Town and beat N;
  • Reached Striaton City, beat Cheren and went to face the gym;
  • 2 Swords Dance was enough for me to beat the first gym leader with Quick Attacks;

Blades
Level 11
Scratch, Leer, Quick Attack, Swords Dance

Welcome to the challenge! Quick question though, do you mean to play Gold or HeartGold as you said you would be playing only DS games?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Welcome to the challenge! Quick question though, do you mean to play Gold or HeartGold as you said you would be playing only DS games?

Ops, my bad, It's HeartGold, fixed

Another update, I played a lot today, I hope I can remember everything I did

Second badge:
  • Headed to save the Munna from Team Plasma, and in the way got the first HM Slave, Pansage and name him HM User;
  • After that I headed to Nacrene City;
  • Without any training I headed to the gym and got beaten by a retaliate;
  • Decided to train in the trainers surrounding the area;
  • Got to level 20;
  • Successfully beaten the second gym leader.

Third badge:
  • Headed to Pinwheel Forest, easily beaten every trainer and team plasma member;
  • Recovered the stolen skull and headed to the next city, Castelia City;
  • Beat all the trainers at the Battle Company;
  • Headed to the gym;
  • Beat the team plasma that stealed the pokémon;
  • OHKO every trainer in the gym incluing it's leader, which was the only one I used Swords Dance.

Fourth badge:
  • Headed to Nimbasa City;
  • Beat N after the Ferris Wheel ride;
  • Went to the gym and beat every trainer, got paralyzed twice and had to heal a few times but not much big deal at the leader.

Fifth badge:
  • Headed to Driftveil City;
  • Beat the trainers and Team Plasma at the cold storage;
  • Headed to the gym;
  • OHKO everyone, things are getting easier as Blades level up.

Sixth badge:
  • Went in search for my Fly user, capture Fly the Tranquill;
  • Headed to Mistralton City;
  • Beat N at the Chargestone Cave;
  • Headed to Celestial Tower and beat trainers in the way;
  • Realized I didn't have any move to beat Ghost Type, and got beaten;
  • Teached Thief to Blades and beat the Celestial Tower;
  • Headed to Mistralton Gym and OHKO everyone, got the sixth badge.

Seventh badge:
  • Headed to Twisted Mountain;
  • Beat all the trainers;
  • Reached Icirrus City;
  • Captured my third HM user, Surf the Palpitoad;
  • Beat everyone in the gym, OHKO again, got the seventh badge;

Eighth badge:
  • Headed to Dragonspiral Tower;
  • Beat the trainers in the way and saw N getting Zekrom;
  • On my way to Relic Castle;

Blades
Level 61
Close Combat, Slash, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance

Last edited:

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
thanks james901 thats exactly what i did haha any idea on good places to grind my ninetales?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Another update

Eighth badge:
  • Did everything I had to do on Relic Castle;
  • Headed to Opelucid City;
  • Went to the gym, no big trouble there, got the 8th badge.

Elite four:
  • Shauntal: Shadow Claw OHKO everything;
  • Grimsley: Close Combat OHKO everything;
  • Caitlin: Shadow Claw OHKO everything;
  • Marshal: single Swords Dance at first turn of the battle, then Slash OHKO everything, except Sawk, due to Sturdy, Marshal Full Restored twice, and then it died.

Team Plasma building:
  • N: Switched from Reshiram to Blades, got hit by Zekrom which took half my HP, but OHKO him with Slash. OHKO his other Pokémon but Carracosta who survived to a Close Combat due to Sturdy and killed Blades with Stone Edge. Switched to Reshiram, N full restored Carracosta, I revived Blades and got him to full HP, Carracosta killed Reshiram, switches back to Blades, Close Combat it again and it survived the hit again with Sturdy, but this time its Stone Edge got me to half HP, and from there I was able to kill it, N defeated from there;
  • Ghetsis: Switches from Reshiram to Blades at first Turn, his Cofagrigus used Protect, second turn I used Swords Dance, it used Protect again, I managed to get a second Swords Dance and he used Toxic which failed due to Immunity ability from Blades, from there I OHKO everything he had.

Blades
Level 81
Close Combat, Slash, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance

Last edited:

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
i finally beat glacia! wooo just beat the dragon guy and steven and im finally done with this nightmare run :)

finally done it! Steven was easy demolished him with Flamethrower then finished him off with a 1 Hit KO Overheat :)
Mistress the Ninetales lvl83
moves: Overheat, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Quick Attack

erm sorry but does anyone know how to edit vulpix into heart gold?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Last update for my Pokémon Black run!

• Wandered around since I had no idea of what to do next (never played it till the end);
  • Started going to Black City, battled some trainers in the way;
  • Then I went to Undella Town;
  • Before I get to Lacunosa Town, Blades reached level 100;
  • Realized that I had to go to the Pokémon League once again (LOL, seriously...).

Elite 4 - Second round:

• Shauntal: Not trouble here, OHKO everything with Shadow Claw;
  • Grimsley: Blades died to Liepard using Sucker Punch, after I reducing my defense 4 stages due to Close Combat and then to Drapion, who didn't get OHKO'd;
  • Caitlin: Got 2 Swords Dance at the start of the Battle and OHKO everyone with Shadow Claw;
  • Marshal: That was the hardest battle I had. His Sawk having Sturdy ability was a pain, had to revive Blades a few times and when everyone was dead but Blades, his last Pokémon being Toxicroak, I had half of my life and he survived a Slash and used Low Sweap, and Blades survived with only 4hp, and I managed to beat him. I reseted this once (he beated me real bad at the first try);
  • Champion: Swords Dance first turn, his Accelgor used Focus Blast, I survived with 1/3 health and managed to OHKO his entire team;

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
I'm having too much trouble trying to get the roms for HG or SS working, so I'll just do those on the DS, same as White and Black. Also, I'm going to start on Emerald with Mewtwo.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Finally, at long last, Bugsy is down for the count. After countless minutes of grinding Korra, I got lucky. I started off the battle by using Reflect, Scyther using Leer. After that, I started tackling the crap out of it, stupid Sitrus Berry. Eventually, it used its killer U-Turn, switching out to Kakuna. Easy kill, although it made me use a antidote. Scyther came back out, and got a lucky critical hit Tackle. Where was that before when I needed it?! Anyway, Metapod basically lost, pure logic. Yeah! Bugsy finally gave me my second badge. Onto Goldenrod for me. From here on out, expect way more post now. Korra is Lvl.28 with: Tackle, Synthesis, Razor Leaf, and Reflect. Any moveset suggestions are always welcome, and see you later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back