• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Time to update!

-Was challenged by Rival Sosuke
-Sosuke sent out Taillow (M, Lv.9)
-Dragon Rage OHKO Taillow
-Sosuke sent out Oshawott (M, Lv.11)
-Dragon Rage OHKO Oshawott
-Rival Sosuke was defeated

-Zangetsu learned Sandstorm
-Trained with Alder and his two "students"
-Obtained the Medal Box
NB: One thing I enjoy about Blaze Black/Volt White 2 is that you can challenge the Hoenn Gym Leaders anytime you want, however some of them are not in the correct order, to stop them doubling up on the types for the Unova Leaders, and they don't have their Hoenn music playing, they have the Unova regular trainer music playing instead. On that note, I will be challenging all of them that I can before the Pokemon League.
-Saved progress for now

Zangetsu/Gible (F, Lv.16)
Tackle, Sand-Attack, Dragon Rage, Sandstorm

Wabisuke/Patrat is still my only HM Slave.

Joobell

Insert Witty User Title Here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Update Time ^_^
Gave my rival Cyndaquill
Hacked in Pichu at level 5 with Thundershock and Charm
Went to Mr.Pokemon and got the Pokemon Egg from him.
Battled Rival ???,
Sends out Cyndaquill Lvl 5 M
Cyndaquill falls to pichu after 2 thundershocks, 1 being a crit.
I go back to Prof. Elm give him the egg and name Rival
I walk to Violet City after beating Youngster Joey with 2 thundershocks, Youngster Mikey with a thundershock crit and another thundershock, Bug Catcher Don with a couple of thundershocks , and Bug Catcher Wade with a couple of thundershocks,
Went to pokemon center to heal then went into the gym
Beat Bird Keeper Abe and Bird Keeper Rod easily with a couple of thundershocks then moved onto Falkner
Falkner's pidgy and Pidgeotto all died pretty fast to thundershock.
Got the Zephyr badge and Pichu to level 15 with the moveset of: Thundershock Charm Sweet Kiss and Thunderwave

Last edited:

Dr. Koga

Red wishes he was me...
Years
Ok update #1 for Origin Platinum!

NEW! Update #1:
Spoiler:

Badges:
50px-Coal_Badge.png

Titan:
246.png

The Level 14, sassy, male Larvitar that likes to run and likes bitter food.
Item: None; Ability: Guts
Moves: Rock Slide, Bite, Rock Smash, Sandstorm​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Update #2: I said that my Blasty was at Lvl.15. Well, actually Blasty was Lvl.16, so Blasty was already a Wartortle, so that was a error. Anyways, I continued onto Route 3, easily destroying the trainers. After healing at the Mt. Moon entrance, Blasty was Lvl.20, or so I believe. Although Mt. Moon took lots of pp away from my attacks, Mt Moon wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. The only tough trainer was the Rocket with a Lvl.16 Raticate. Afterwards, the rest of the battles were really easy to win. Cerulean Gym was no challenge, thanks to Mega Punch. Misty went down too easily. Staryu went down to one Mega Punch, and Starmie took a Mega Punch, but couldn't live through the following bite attack. With two badges, I went to visit Bill when... Yellow comes on the scene. Yellow asked for a battle, and he got what he wanted, an ass whooping. The only damage Blasty took was Leech Seed damage. That's all for now. Blasty is Lvl.25 with: Bite, Mega Punch, Bubble beam, and Water Gun. I actually have a move set in mind, and I want your opinions on it. It's: Surf, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Toxic, and Reflect. Give feedback on my move set and opinions. Anyways, see you guys later(and girls).

NaughtyBeaver

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 24
  • VA
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Username: NaughtyBeaver
Pokemon of Choice: STUNFISK (HOORAH)
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single (But May Do Ultimate In The Future)
Game(s): Black (And White If I Need To Do It To Achieve Single)

Question: If I do ultimate can I use any Pokemon of Any Gen for any game?
(eg: using a charizard for Emerald)

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Username: NaughtyBeaver
Pokemon of Choice: STUNFISK (HOORAH)
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single (But May Do Ultimate In The Future)
Game(s): Black (And White If I Need To Do It To Achieve Single)

Question: If I do ultimate can I use any Pokemon of Any Gen for any game?
(eg: using a charizard for Emerald)

You only need to play one game to achieve a single championship.

Also to achieve an ultimate championship you would need to beat a game in every region with the same pokemon. I'd suggest reading the first post because it has all the information for the challenge.

Years
I can finally start the game! (I had some problems - every time I used the code to encounter houndour even after I turned the code off all wild encounters would still remain houndours D:) so I used randomizer to randomize one of the starters in houndour - Hope that it still counts *sigh* )

Ok so it's update time :3 Time to play the game :D
-Started the game by naming myself with my rl name and naming my rival Toru
-Got my starter - houndour - female- named her Cera.
-My rival chose bulbasour so I had no problem defeating him.
-Went to pick up the parcel and delievered it back to Oak.
-Grinded Cera untill she got to level 10 and than I defeated my rival for 2nd time
-Went through the bug forest without any problems.
-Beat Brock (Finally! Onyx took me forever to beat >_>)
-Went through Mt. Moon without any major problems.
-Beat my rival again - now I am off to nugget bridge.
-Cera evolved into houndoom.
-I am done with nugget bridge.
-Got SS ticket from Bill
-Beat Misty without any major problems :3 (Cera learned bite :3 )
-Went through SS Anne, defeated my rival again and got Cut (I captured meowth just for using cut)
-Defeated electric gym
-Went trough rock tunnel to Lavender town and battled my rival again - Defeated him again lol
-Defeated grass gym
-Got the Silph Scope
-Beat the fighting dojo (I got tea :D )
-Off to the ghost tower.
-Got the flute
-Went to safari zone to get surf.
-Defeted Koga
-Went through cycling road
-Went through the other hideout.
-Defeated Sabrina.

Team:

Cera (Houndoom) Lvl 64

229f.gif

Serious nature
Ability: Early Bird
Attacks: Crunch
Flamethrower
Faint Attack
Smog

I think that I ll finish here for now ^_^ I ll probably be able to completly finish this challenge either tomorrow or the next day :3 Than I can try to beat the fr/lg with another pokemon :3

Gym leaders defeated: 6/8.

Decided to go a little further lol

My adventure with Cera ended - but our friendship will last forever <3

We left off after we defeated Koga- So what I did today was that I went back to my hometown to meet my mom <3 (She missed me a lot since I didn't call or come visit her at all ove the entire game D:) than I went over the seas to see what's up with that mansion everybody was talking about - can you believe it? Some fishermen tought that he can beat me with a team of 6 magikarp pfft.. So anyways I came to that mansion and I pretty much slided through it without a single problem - than the gym came :3 Cera was afraid that she might not be able to win since the gym was fire-type gym - but we managed to do it - with some crunches and faint attack :3

~ I am on the road the to Vermilion city! ~
After we successfully beat the gym we went back to Vermillion city to see if that misterious gym leader is back - and he was - and guess who it was? Giovanni! We beat him before and we could beat him again! So we did it - we beat our last gym leader <3

Our adventure was coming towards the end :/ We went to the victory road - did some backtracking (Poison point sucks >_<) and we finally made it! We made it to elite 4 :3 We had no troubles beating first one (Lorelai) second one gave us some troubles because there are fighting types but nothing major :3 Third and last one went smoothly <3 Than the champion came - we swiped most of his team - we came face to face with his Venusaur and he made a major mistake - ge used sunny day :3 We burned that giant dinosaur and we won! We are the champions now!

We went to hall of fame <3 And Oak came to say congratulations!

Than we went back home to get some well-deserved rest <3 We woke up the next morning and now we are full of energy and ready for the new adventure :3

Final team:

Cera (Houndoom)

229f.gif

Lvl 78
Serious Nature

Crunch
Flamethrower
Faint Attack
Smog

Badges 8/8

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge
Spoiler:

I just beat Colress and holy crap was he difficult to beat!
He was probably by far the hardest trainer I've had to face through out the entire challenge, Kanto to Unova!
Lol almost done the rest of the challenge, can't wait. :D
Badges
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png
50px-Wave_Badge.png

148.gif
Spoiler:
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 78 | Female | Modest | Oblivious
Ice Beam | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Energy Ball​

EDIT:I just beat Ghetsis.
So much easier than Colress, I one shot his whole team!
151.gif
Spoiler:
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 79 | Female | Modest | Oblivious

Last edited:
Years
Ok so I started my new adventure with Chinchou/Lanturn :3

I hacked in chinchou as my starter and made my rival chose Charmander :3

I named my chinchou Stormy ^_^

So my adventure began :3 I as usually named myself with my rl name and my rival something completly random (Lex) - how can Oak always forget the name of his grandson?!

Anyways went through usual introduction and than I had to go get the parcel for Oak (Why can't he do it himself? Oh yeah he doesn't have any more pokemon although there is always one left on his table - poor lonely thing that has to stay in pokeball forever :( )

Anyways got back the parcel and Lex wanted to battle me - I beat him pretty easily since chinchou already knew bubble :3

Went to train a little bit and than beat my rival again (That silly person still things that he can challenge the league with his level 10 starter and level 10 zubat :o ) beat him fairly easily again - thanks to bubble.

Than we went through the forest - that was painful - all the weedles out there decided that they have to poison us but we somehow still managed to get through the forest.

Went to challenge Brock - guess what? We swiped through his gym with Bubble (even made a video of that and got it on yt - but the music is messed up and I didn't manage to record the other gym leaders D:). Than we went through Mt. Moon - without any problems.. We came to Cerulean city. We went through the nugget bridge and towards Bill's house where we helped him and got SS Anne ticket.
Got back to Cerulean city and while I was battling trainers on the nugget bridge my little chinchou evolved and learned spark - so we beat Misty really fast.
Than we went towards our next destination - SS Anne - and we managed to capture meowth and pidgey in the mean time (HM slaves) - than we went to SS Anne and helped out the captain right after we beat Lex without any problem - again (His team is pretty weak :o ) We got cut and we cleared the rest of the trainers around that city- than we got to listen to that old man that loves rapidash so we are able to get bike.
We went towards electric gym and although I thought that we would have some problems beating it it went through quite smoothly - we beat the gym without any major problems except for some paralizes - we went back to get bike and now we are off to the rock tunnel (Again without flash D:)

Team:

Stormy (Lanturn) M

Lvl 34
Careful Nature

171.gif

Water gun
Spark
Supersonic
Flail

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I got more progress on my monotype run. Beating Yellow the jerk with no problems except leech seed, Blasty swept the nugget bridge with relative ease. Upon arriving at what I call a lame house to live in, aka Bill's house(where's your bed?), I discovered that Bill became a pokemon. What a screw-up he made. I decided to help him turn back to human and got my ticket to get on the SS Anne. I wondered what delicious meals they made. I'll skip to the gym battle with Lt. Surge, actually, never mind. Yellow got slaughtered, I mean defeated easily, OHKOs everywhere. Same for Surge, and I am proud to announce I didn't even use dig. :) The only Pokemon that hit Blasty in the gym was Raichu, who hit me with Thunderbolt, which brought Blasty to 15 HP, and after the battle, Blasty evolved. That's all I have for now, but I'm thinking of starting another solo run after I beat Blue, which means pausing this run and starting another one, which I plan on having it be a Primeape solo run. I will update soon. Not today, but when I get free time. Blasty is level 36, an see everyone later.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Is it okay to sign up if I already completed it?

Username: Keizaal
Pokemon of Choice: Flareon
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Emerald

I used to Pokemon Randomizer to change Torchic into Flareon. Everything else stayed the same.
Spoiler:

136.gif

FLAREON
Lv. 67
Bite
Flamethrower
Return
Iron Tail

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Username: Meaii
Pokemon of Choice: Torchic - > Combusken - > Blaziken
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single!
Game(s): Pokémon Emerald

Years
We are the champions!
I got annoyed so I went all the way back to get 12 pokes to get flash - Went through rock tunnel and cleared the trainers around Lavender town :3 Beat Lex in the tower - without any major problems than I went to get Silph scope wich I successfully obtained :3 Challenged Erika and had few problems untill she finally missed poisoning me so I could finally beat her team with few sparks - went back to tower and sent marowak back to where she belongs.
Got the Flute so I cleared all the routes around Koga's gym (including cycling road) - got few stuff I needed (Strenght, fly and surf) - and I challenged Koga - few hydro pumps and I was done. Went back to rocket hideout and beat the dojo first - than I cleared rocket hideout without any major problems- challenged sabrina - few sparks and surfs and I was done. Went back home to say hi to my mom - and than I went to the mansion - Cleared the mansion without any major problems- And than I defeated the fire gym (you can imagine the outcome with lanturn having hydro pump and surf lol) - anyways went to Sevii island to rescue that girl from hypno :o Got the meteorite so I could get back to pallet town and go to the gym that used to be locked - Beat Giovanni's gym without any major problems (Again surf and hydro pump) than I beat the rival for the last time before elite 4. Went through the victory road with some backtracking to heal up. Than it was elite 4 time! Since lanturn was male - Lorelai's jinx loved to spam with sweet kiss and attract so it was really hard to take down - Bruno went over well - Agatha managed to poison me yay! But I survived - Lance went down with few sparks and than came rival battle time- I beat all of his team but I had major problems taking down Exeggutor it took me quite a few take downs to finally take it down D: Anyways I managed to finally beat him and we are the champions now! We won after so many tries <3 I was so happy to have it done :3

Final team: Stormy (Lanturn)

171.gif

Ability: Illuminate
Careful nature
Lvl 79

Hydro pump
Spark
Take Down
Surf

Want to sign in for new one (I am really enjoying doing these :3 )

Pokemon: Vaporeon
Game: FR :3

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge complete!!!
It's been a really long time since I started this challenge and I finally finished!!
I had a lot of fun with this challenge and definitely would recommend it to any pokemon fan.
With Jynx the challenge wasn't too difficult but there were times when I wanted to rip my hair out.
Like when I faced Colress, I had to battle him at least a thousand times before beating him.
Any and all steel types walled me almost completely.
Also Jynx has such low defense and hp stats, it's unbearable.
But I finally did it and I'm so happy! :D
I soon plan to sign up for another ultimate solo challenge, just trying to decide which pokemon.
Well enough of my ranting, here's my final update. :D
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png
50px-Wave_Badge.png

Spoiler:
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 86 | Female | Modest | Oblivious

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
I decided that I was going to do a second solo! ^^

Username: Keizaal
Pokemon of Choice: Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): LeafGreen

Using the Randomizer to change Bulbasaur into Gastly, and disabled Trade Evolutions. Now Haunter will evolve at Level 37.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Okay I've decided what pokemon I'm going to do my next solo with, it's Venusaur! I decided that I want to do an ultimate solo with ever starter pokemon that I can, plus some other pokemon that I really like. So first up is start number 1. :P

Username: James901
Pokemon of Choice: Venusaur
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White 2

Years
So I started off my adventure with Vaporeon by randomizing vaporeon as a starter. My rival chose charmander so I had no problem beating him. Than I named my Vaporeon Raindrop (yay he is a male - I cannot wait to see that Jinx spamming attract all over again in elite 4 :( ) Anyways got back the parcel for Oak and than grinded up a little bit so I could defeat my Rival. Than I went through the forest without any major problems and grinded some more just so Vaporeon learned water gun so I could defeat Brock. Went through Mt. Moon and battled some Team Rocket grunts. Got some stuff and came to Cerulean city. Cleared the nugget bridge and helped Bill so I got SS Anne Ticket. Beat Misty by spamming with Quick attack and Tackle - she couldn't do much against me since Vaporeon is a water type and has Water absorb as an ability.
Beat that grunt and got Dig. Went towards SS Anne and got meowth on the way as a cut slave.
Cleared all the trainers around the digglet's cave.
Went to SS Anne and cleared all the trainers there - than I got cut.
Listened to that man that loves Rapidash and got bike voucher so I could get Bike.
Defeated the electric gym without any major problems - using just bite.
Went back to Cerulean to get Bike and than I went towards the Rock tunnel - somehow managed to get through it without repels and without flash and came to my next destination. Defeated rival in the tower and went to challenge Erica. I defeated Erika without any major problems - Aurora Beam did pretty much all the work for me. Did dojo side event without any major problems.
Went through Team rocket hideout to get the silph scope. Helped the marowag and got the flute- Went past that snorlax - cleared all the trainers around Koga's city - including cycling road. Defeated Koga - using Hydro Pump. Got to safari zone and got surf. Got fly and strenght. I am off to clear the trainers on that water route and than I am about to clear the other Team Rocket hydout and challenge Sabrina.

Current team:

Raindrop (Vaporeon)
Naive nature, ability: Water Absorb
Level 64

134.gif

Aurora Beam
Bite
Hydro Pump
Surf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back